• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What can I use as a substitute for Chili Pepper Sauce in a grilling recipe?

In summary, if you do not have chili pepper sauce on hand, you can use a combination of hot sauce and brown sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes, or cayenne pepper or paprika as substitutes. Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can also be used for a smokier flavor. However, chili powder is not a good substitute as it does not provide the same heat and flavor. The amount of substitute needed will depend on personal preference and the recipe. For a milder option, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce or barbecue sauce can be used. The substitute should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or frozen in an ice cube tray for future use.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I wanted to make one of the recipes from the new grilling cookbook that calls for marinating steak in the Chili Pepper Sauce. I don't have any on hand - any thoughts of what to use instead?

wadesgirl said:
I wanted to make one of the recipes from the new grilling cookbook that calls for marinating steak in the Chili Pepper Sauce. I don't have any on hand - any thoughts of what to use instead?

Salsa. the Chili Pepper Sauce is just a moderately hot salsa.

ChefBeckyD said:
Salsa. the Chili Pepper Sauce is just a moderately hot salsa.

That was my thought!

There's some sweet somethin' going on in there, as well - include s bit of brown sugar or honey in what you make.

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I would suggest using a combination of chili powder, cayenne pepper, and a touch of Worcestershire sauce as a substitute for the Chili Pepper Sauce. It will still give the steak a nice kick of flavor. Let me know how it turns out! Happy grilling!

What can I use as a substitute for chili pepper sauce?

If you don't have chili pepper sauce on hand, you can use a combination of hot sauce and brown sugar, or a mixture of soy sauce and red pepper flakes as a substitute. Other options include using cayenne pepper or paprika for a milder heat, or chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for a smokier flavor.

Can I use chili powder as a substitute for chili pepper sauce?

No, chili powder is not a good substitute for chili pepper sauce as it is a blend of spices and does not provide the same heat and flavor as the sauce. It is better to use one of the suggestions mentioned above.

How much of the substitute should I use?

The amount of substitute needed will depend on your personal preference and the recipe you are using. It is best to start with a small amount and adjust to taste. You can always add more, but you can't take it away once it's been added.

Are there any non-spicy alternatives to chili pepper sauce?

If you prefer a milder option, you can use a combination of ketchup and Worcestershire sauce or barbecue sauce as a substitute for chili pepper sauce. These options will add some tang and sweetness without the heat.

How should I store the substitute for future use?

The best way to store the substitute is in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should last for several weeks if stored properly. You can also freeze the substitute in an ice cube tray for easy portioning and use in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessicaputt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jessicaputt
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • SonyaVerrillo