• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can You Boost Sales and Manage Show Cancellations Effectively?

In summary, the conversation discusses the host's struggles with her upcoming shows due to postponements and cancellations. She expresses her desire for a successful month and asks for advice on how to increase sales and bookings. The other person suggests sending catalogs with guests and offering discounts to past hosts, as well as hosting a mystery host party. The possibility of a mystery host party is further discussed, with the host offering to split the host benefits with participating "hosts" and delivering the products to them. The conversation ends with the suggestion to plan the mystery host party now and have orders due after Thanksgiving.
ragschef
I had my Nov 3rd show get postponed, because the invites didn't get out in time. It's rescheduled for the 17th. My show for tonight cancelled; the host has bronchitis with asthma. Supposed to do a show Saturday and was making my last host coaching call to her tonight and she had to postpone until Dec. !!! :cry: !!!! My sell a thon level is not looking good!! I was hoping for a $3000 month so I could get a little more this go 'round. I barely got level one in the last sella thon. After the 17th, I only have one more show for the month and that's on the 30th. I have 3 catty's going but who know what they'll turn up. Besides, one of those catty's is an Oct show.

Any advice on how to get my month pumped a little more and get some sales/ bookings for the month with the holiday so close?

Thanks for anything. At this point, I'm desparate.... :(

Amanda host a party for everyone at your place-----You can do it!!!! Send catty's with everyone to collect for your party before they arrive----

MORFIA said:
Amanda host a party for everyone at your place-----

You can do it!!!! Send catty's with everyone to collect for your party before they arrive----

I just did a mystery host party at my home in Sept. I think its too soon for that. What do you think? (I'm also planning another one in Feb '08. My clients know that I do this and expect it now.)

Do you have any past hosts/guests who absolutely LOVE Simple Additions?

Maybe you could call them, and offer an extra 10% off the sale price.....and if they have a PHD, it would be an additional 10% off that too!

I'm new to P3. IS there a way to pull up the Total Items Sold Histoey report on P3 like the one on PP? If so, it could make this idea a little easier. Its a good idea and feel a little absent-minded that I didn't think of that....

Under reports - go to order history - I think that is what you need.

Thanks!! I'll probably make some calls this weekend and Tuesday night. (Can't do it Monday on account that Heroes is on NBC. I LIVE That show and it really picked up with a cliffhanger this week!! Can't wait till next week!)

ragschef said:
Thanks!! I'll probably make some calls this weekend and Tuesday night. (Can't do it Monday on account that Heroes is on NBC. I LIVE That show and it really picked up with a cliffhanger this week!! Can't wait till next week!)

Hey - you gotta have some priorities in life!:D

I just did a mystery host party at my home in Sept. I think its too soon for that. What do you think? (I'm also planning another one in Feb '08. My clients know that I do this and expect it now.)
__________________I think my best advice is think about who came to the mystery party---ok now think how many could not make it? Maybe do it as a pie class or something off beat to the last one!!! I would word it by your request I have added a mystery host---etc.....
How bad do you want the new--------oh and they are going to be awesome!!! less than 65 days until we see them!!!

Why don't you do a Mystery Host show? Call all or at least 20 of your past hosts, ask each one to collect at least $100 in outside orders. Once you have at least 10 to participate, you will have a $1000 show or maybe more!
You then mail each "host" 3 catalogs and 8-10 (to think big) outside order forms. THEN, I tell each host I will split the host benefits of the $1000 show-or whatever the show total is; and each "host" receives EITHER: $40-50 in FREE product, a half-price item or the November host special....plus each host that participates receives UNLIMITED items at %30 off (they just don't receive a receipt with their name on it. You just have to keep really good records so you know which guest ordered from which "host" and which "host" received which host benefit. Just keep really good track and have everything written down, and it's a good way to boost your sales.
I then have the show shipped to me and bag everything up for each host and deliver it to her
If you do this now, then each "host" can pass around catalogs at Thanksgiving. Make the deadline for all orders to be in the Sunday or Monday after Thanksgiving. I have done this several times, it just takes a little phone time, good record keeping, and the time to sort and deliver products. :)

zmom58 said:
Why don't you do a Mystery Host show? Call all or at least 20 of your past hosts, ask each one to collect at least $100 in outside orders. Once you have at least 10 to participate, you will have a $1000 show or maybe more!
You then mail each "host" 3 catalogs and 8-10 (to think big) outside order forms. THEN, I tell each host I will split the host benefits of the $1000 show-or whatever the show total is; and each "host" receives EITHER: $40-50 in FREE product, a half-price item or the November host special....plus each host that participates receives UNLIMITED items at %30 off (they just don't receive a receipt with their name on it. You just have to keep really good records so you know which guest ordered from which "host" and which "host" received which host benefit. Just keep really good track and have everything written down, and it's a good way to boost your sales.
I then have the show shipped to me and bag everything up for each host and deliver it to her
If you do this now, then each "host" can pass around catalogs at Thanksgiving. Make the deadline for all orders to be in the Sunday or Monday after Thanksgiving. I have done this several times, it just takes a little phone time, good record keeping, and the time to sort and deliver products. :)

Good Idea! I will have to try this I hope works! Thanks

1. What are some tips for dealing with show cancellations and low sales?

One tip is to reach out to your host and offer to reschedule the show for a later date. This can give you more time to promote the show and potentially increase attendance. It's also important to communicate with your host and guests about any changes or cancellations as soon as possible.

Another tip is to focus on promoting your upcoming shows and reaching out to potential new hosts and customers. Consider offering special incentives or discounts to encourage bookings and sales.

You can also try hosting virtual parties or events to reach a wider audience and potentially increase sales.

2. How can I make the most of a postponed show?

If a show has been postponed, use the extra time to plan and prepare. Reach out to potential guests and promote the new date. Consider offering special incentives for guests who attend the rescheduled show.

You can also use this time to follow up with previous customers and encourage them to place orders or host their own parties.

3. What can I do if a scheduled show cancels last minute?

If a show cancels last minute, it's important to communicate with your host and guests as soon as possible. You can offer to reschedule the show for a later date or host a virtual party instead. You can also use this opportunity to reach out to potential new hosts and customers.

4. How can I reach my sales goals when faced with cancellations and low attendance?

One way to reach your sales goals is to focus on promoting your upcoming shows and reaching out to potential new hosts and customers. You can also offer special incentives or discounts to encourage bookings and sales. Consider hosting virtual parties or events to reach a wider audience and potentially increase sales.

Additionally, it's important to stay positive and motivated. Don't get discouraged by cancellations and focus on making the most of the remaining shows and opportunities.

5. What can I do to increase sales and bookings during the holiday season?

During the holiday season, it's important to promote your products as great gift ideas. Offer special holiday-themed products or bundles. You can also offer discounts or incentives for hosting a party during the holiday season.

Utilizing social media and reaching out to potential customers through email or text can also help increase sales and bookings during the busy holiday season.

Additionally, consider hosting special holiday-themed events or promotions to attract new customers and encourage repeat business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cathyt
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cathyt
  • mistym
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MGG
  • StephsKitchen