• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

4 Cancellations in an Hour...how to Recover??

In summary, your host coaching calls may have played a role in the number of cancellations you experienced last night. You should try to get back on the phone with your hosts to see if you can get them excited about booking again soon.
cathyt
It's true. I had four cancellations in an hour last night. I left a full-time job to do this business and because I HAD to leave that job for many other reasons.

Last night half of my shows cancelled in the course of an hour. Two I figured were coming and the other two were a total shock to me.

I'm beefing up my efforts to host coach with the three call system, but having trouble getting ahold of my hosts. I'm sure that either helped lead to the problem or was at least indicitave of it.

Anyway, I'm sort of shell shocked, and very dissapointed but determined to have an awesome month anyway.

Any tips to get four new bookings for this month!!

OM gosh! Sorry to hear that! What do you mean indicative of this? Do you mean that your host coaching calls may have caused this? If so, I can tell you this is probably not what really happened. It more than likely means simply that these people may not have been really excited about doing parties but rather, were doing it as a favor to you. So my only suggestion here is to get back to your list of 100 and back on the phone. Offer something little to entice them to book soon! Maybe a free show. You buy the ingredients and point out that this is a $15 saving to them so you can introduce your line of wares to their friends and family. I know I am doing this today as well. I want more February parties because of double points and I have only two. One tonight and one on the 13th. So I have a whole lot of time to fill!

Call everyone on your lead list and let them know you just had two dates open up (your next two). And would they like to get some friends together to learn how to make a Ham N Cheese Calzone in less than 30min.

Then once those two dates are filled, do it again with the other two dates that opened up. Also, please tell me those that cancelled you rebooked for March shows.

You know, you could call those host back and offer them the free party to rebook this month as well! Only you know though the circumstances of them not doing their parties so that would your call.

At my party this Friday, I'm going to ask if anyone is free the next Friday. I'll tell them that if they are, chances are some of their friends are too. I'll let them know that if they invite their friends over, I'll bring all the ingredients for a recipe and we can have an impromptu party. Sometimes last minute parties work better.Hang in there. Also send out an email to your contacts and let them know that they can order the stoneware at 20% - then make your own party.

pampered1224 said:
OM gosh! Sorry to hear that! What do you mean indicative of this? Do you mean that your host coaching calls may have caused this? If so, I can tell you this is probably not what really happened. It more than likely means simply that these people may not have been really excited about doing parties but rather, were doing it as a favor to you. So my only suggestion here is to get back to your list of 100 and back on the phone. Offer something little to entice them to book soon! Maybe a free show. You buy the ingredients and point out that this is a $15 saving to them so you can introduce your line of wares to their friends and family. I know I am doing this today as well. I want more February parties because of double points and I have only two. One tonight and one on the 13th. So I have a whole lot of time to fill!

you type faster than I do... my sentiments exactly!

book in close for the rest of your shows for the month. Work what you have very closely to prevent any other cancellations... use the phone not email

pampered1224 said:
OM gosh! Sorry to hear that! What do you mean indicative of this? Do you mean that your host coaching calls may have caused this?...

What I meant was the fact that I couldn't get ahold of them may have helped contribute, or at the least, it could have been an indicator to me.

I'll be on the phone today to see what I can do! And when I do have shows this month, I'll be working it to try ot get things on the books for this month...I CAN do this!!

I did have some reschedlers and some that I'm not in a hurry to rebook given the circumstances of their cancellation. I have 10 bookings on the calendar for March...and I'm happy with overbooking given what happened this month. Then again, I hope that I don't take on more than I can handle!!!

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks everyone for the encouragement and ideas!

1. How can I prevent having four cancellations in one hour?

To prevent having multiple cancellations in a short period of time, it is important to have a clear and firm cancellation policy in place. Make sure to communicate this policy to your customers and have it clearly stated on your website and order forms. Additionally, regularly following up with customers and confirming their orders can help prevent last-minute cancellations.

2. What should I do if I have four cancellations in one hour?

If you do experience four cancellations in a short amount of time, it is important to remain calm and professional. Reach out to the customers and try to understand the reason for their cancellations. If possible, offer alternative solutions or reschedule the order for a later date. It is also important to take note of any patterns or recurring issues that may be causing these cancellations.

3. How can I recover from four cancellations in one hour?

Recovering from multiple cancellations in a short period of time can be challenging, but it is not impossible. One strategy is to offer discounts or incentives to customers who have experienced cancellations. This can help regain their trust and encourage them to continue doing business with you. It is also important to address any underlying issues that may have caused the cancellations and make necessary improvements.

4. What if I have already prepared the products for the cancelled orders?

If you have already prepared the products for the cancelled orders, consider reaching out to other customers who may be interested in purchasing them. You can also offer the products at a discounted price to help recoup some of the costs. Alternatively, you can freeze or store the products for future use.

5. How can I avoid losing money due to multiple cancellations?

To avoid losing money due to cancellations, it is important to have a clear cancellation policy in place and to communicate it effectively to your customers. You may also want to consider implementing a deposit or pre-payment system to ensure that customers are committed to their orders. It is also important to regularly review and analyze your sales data to identify any recurring issues or patterns that may be causing cancellations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCAbby
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • k1tchng0ddess
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
heather223
  • mom2leelee