• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with My PC Business? Consider These Options for Success"

In summary, Jessica is considering quitting her PC business due to the fact that she misses it and is considering taking another job that might provide more opportunity for her.
chefpatrice
Gold Member
At this point I don't know if I need advice, encouragement or validation that maybe it's time to give up PC. I have been a consutant for approx. 7 years, and I always had a pretty consistent show schedule until we moved a year ago. Moving from Los Angeles County (where my entire customer base is) to Riverside County has been like the death of my business. Though I love my past hosts, the commute to do shows for them is not realistic. I've had a mystery host party and while it was well attended by people I already knew, the 40+ invitations that I passed out in the neighborhood only yielded 2 attendees. I work full time so I'm limited in the days/times that I can do shows. I am wearing my PC clothing, carrying my tote wherever I go and speaking about the business to every one I meet.

What do you think, has the proverbial well dried up?:confused:

Remember where you were at when you first started? It takes time to build that customer base. The question is, do you ENJOY what you are doing? If not, then probably time to give it up. If so, then you need to decide what effort you give. You can't do one show invite to tell you what to do with your entire business though. You may have hit a bad time... Also, did you call people or just mail invitations...face-to-face yields the contacts.Up to you to decide...good luck!!!!

I don't think so. How about the people where you work? Your kid's school. Have you joined any clubs or a church?
I too am planning on moving and have been brainstorming ways to build my business. One thing for sure is with the experience I have I am not afraid to "just ask".
If you truly desire it you can achieve it.

I really believe in the "gut" feeling or "Women's Intuition." Try on both senarios-picture yourself not doing PC and seeing how that feels. Relief? Sadness? Regret? Stress-free? Now try picturing yourself continuing and see how that feels-Satisfaction? Stress? Fulfillment? Sometimes when I am trying to make a decision I literally see how each choice feels to my body and the answer really comes to me. I almost quit this summer. We welcomed a 2 1/2 year old boy into our family and it has continued to be both challenging and rewarding and we love him to bits. But I wondered did I really have the time to dedicate to my own business? I decided yes. Quitting just felt wrong. It may not be where I want it, but my kids come first and as long as I stay active, I'm OK. I can always reevaluate later.

I really believe in listening to what your mind and body says.
Very good luck to you!
Jessica

I needed the few responses on this thread. I got a call yesterday about a part time position in the field I used to work before my mommy days and the offer is really too good to pass up. So I've been questioning if I'll have the time to keep up PC, and my house and have family time and have me time. I'm still questioning after reading this, but now I have a little more perspective. I think that starting a new PT job may expand my clientale, as well as thicken my sanity level. Although giving up PC would seem to be the "right" thing to do, I dont think I will, but am still pondering the options....
I guess what I'm trying to say, Patrice (that was my middle name BTW), is that its up to you. Really weigh your pros and cons and the advantages of giving it up or keeping it up. That may not be what you wanna hear, but that's all I got this late in the day.... ;)

Best of luck!

Patrice
I taught a class about moving your business---

the class is still available on the paperwork order supply
Move it You Won't Loose itGO FOR IT

Thanks for your responses. Jessica, picturing myself without PC was kind of easy since I've been "without" it for awhile now. I miss it terribly. Helping people, making people laugh (they called me the Comic Chef) and making new friends are the things I love about this business. I ordered the Moving Your Business CD before we moved. I have decided that I don't want to give up yet. Since I'm on vacation, I am going to use the next 2 days to listen to the CD again and then I'm going to call every contact that I have in PP to request bookings for January. I will not stop until my calendar is the way I want it. I'm also going to host another Mystery Host show at my home.
If I have to go back into LA to do shows, I will. :chef:

We do what we have to do to get what we want!
(quote from The Great Debaters)

I moved last Feb (out of state knowing no one), and I listened to Morfia's class (actually I still listen to it)...there is a WEALTH of knowledge on there, and I can honestly say my business has doubled since I moved. I highly recommend it as there are great tips regardless if you are moving or not!
There is plenty of business to be found and I have complete faith you will find it! Good luck and keep us posted!

chefpatrice said:
Thanks for your responses. Jessica, picturing myself without PC was kind of easy since I've been "without" it for awhile now. I miss it terribly. Helping people, making people laugh (they called me the Comic Chef) and making new friends are the things I love about this business. I ordered the Moving Your Business CD before we moved. I have decided that I don't want to give up yet. Since I'm on vacation, I am going to use the next 2 days to listen to the CD again and then I'm going to call every contact that I have in PP to request bookings for January. I will not stop until my calendar is the way I want it. I'm also going to host another Mystery Host show at my home.
If I have to go back into LA to do shows, I will. :chef:

We do what we have to do to get what we want!
(quote from The Great Debaters)

I think you know your answer then!!!! :) Keep chugging and see what happens!

Patrice~

I am glad that you were able to get some perspective from some very smart cheffers here! I pray that God will direct you in your business!

Kelly

at lease take a sales waiver until after the holidays and you can keep afloat---honestly moving is a blessing in this business----This time of year all the stores have holiday help---go meet them---talk to them tell them you are new to the area looking for ideas, Dr's, good eats and people to share your business with---
ask everyone who had the last party you attended? there is your party person----if the one you are asking cant remember who----then why not her----
just some ideas----

One thing to do with your "old town" host & FriendsAsk all of your past hosts and friends from the area you moved from, who they may know in the area you moved too. Give a prize to anyone who gives you a lead.
I can not remember her name off hand but Christi JFDWIHFI the Lemon Aid Lady had this to say on the subject.
"Take a few catalogs and go to the doors of your new neighbors. Tell them your name and that you are new in the area. Ask if they would be interested in attending a Pampered Chef Party at one of their neighbor's homes. Also tell them that person will get great discounts on products and free products. If they say yes and ask you who is having the party, look them in the eye and say, "I do not know yet, would you like to get free Pampered Chef products?"
As you go to each person's home. Give them a catalog, if you want to do this, and if they say yes to attending, get their name, address and phone number so you "can let them know when the party will be". If they say no but take a catlaog, get that info anyway if they will give it, use "Just in case" as a way to get it. If you get a yes to hosting, you can tell others down the way, who is having a party. Then say, but I can do a party for you as well if YOU want free and discounted products."
I have not needed to do this but I can feel it coming shortly. What with the economy and the winter blahs setting in, I just may take that walk.
Again, feel the answer you choose before you act on it. Live with it for a few days. Just simply say, I am going to stop doing PC. on such and such a date. Then do not go back on it. Not until you "feel" the answer. Your heart will tell you what to do.

What are some common challenges faced by Pampered Chef consultants?

Some common challenges faced by Pampered Chef consultants include difficulty finding and booking parties, low sales, lack of support and guidance, and feeling overwhelmed with the responsibilities of running a business.

What are some strategies for overcoming these challenges?

Some strategies for overcoming these challenges include utilizing social media and online platforms to reach a wider audience, networking with friends and family to book parties, offering promotions and discounts to attract customers, and seeking guidance and support from fellow consultants or the company's resources.

How can I increase my sales as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To increase sales, it is important to showcase the products in a visually appealing way, offer product demonstrations at parties, and provide excellent customer service. Additionally, utilizing customer loyalty programs and offering incentives for referrals can also help boost sales.

What are some ways to manage the responsibilities of running a Pampered Chef business?

Some ways to manage the responsibilities of running a Pampered Chef business include creating a schedule and setting aside dedicated time for tasks such as party bookings, order processing, and inventory management. It is also important to delegate tasks and seek help from others when needed.

What resources does Pampered Chef offer for struggling consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources for struggling consultants, such as training and support from experienced consultants, online tools and resources, and incentives and rewards for meeting sales goals. The company also offers a mentorship program and various workshops and events to help consultants grow their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bearhall04
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
bearhall04
  • wcsis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcnurselori
  • Cr8vKitchen