• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Strawberry Amaretto Pastries be Prepared Ahead of Time?

In summary, it is not recommended to make the pastries ahead of time due to texture and flavor concerns. The filling can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, but the pastries should be assembled just before serving. The low fat vanilla yogurt substitution should work fine, but may require adjusting the sweetness. Good luck at your show!
gussey30
I made these first time tonite as practice... planning to do tomorrow at my first official show -- which is at a doctors office over the lunch hour.

how well will these keep if I make them up ahead of time?

i was going to pre-bake the pastry and assemble there, but its TOO messy with all the nuts and sugar falling all over the place.
I only used about half of the filling. I was thinknig I could mb use tomorrow for the 2nd batch at the show? or should i mix up a new batch?

I also had to sub low fat vanilla yogurt for the sour cream.
very quite tasty though!

Unfortunately, it is not recommended to make the pastries ahead of time due to the fact that they will not keep as well in terms of texture and flavor. The pastry can be pre-baked, but the filling should be made fresh and assembled just before serving. As for the substitute yogurt, it should still work out fine, though you may want to adjust the sweetness depending on the type of yogurt you used.

I'm not sure how well these will keep if made ahead of time, as the pastry may become soggy over time. It's best to make them fresh for the show, if possible. If you do want to make them ahead of time, I would suggest keeping them in an airtight container in the fridge and assembling them right before serving. As for the filling, you can definitely use it for the second batch tomorrow. Just make sure to keep it refrigerated until ready to use. As for the substitution of low fat vanilla yogurt, that should be fine as long as it doesn't affect the taste too much. Good luck at your show!

1. How do I make the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

To make the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, you will need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then, take a sheet of puff pastry and cut it into 4 equal squares. Place a spoonful of strawberry jam in the center of each square, followed by a sprinkle of chopped almonds. Fold the corners of the pastry square into the center, creating a triangle shape. Brush the tops of the pastries with egg wash and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Once done, drizzle with amaretto glaze and enjoy!

2. Can I use fresh strawberries instead of jam?

Yes, you can definitely use fresh strawberries in this recipe. Simply slice the strawberries and place them on top of the puff pastry before folding and baking. You can also mix the strawberries with a bit of sugar to create a jam-like consistency before using it in the pastries.

3. Can I substitute the amaretto glaze with a different flavor?

Yes, you can use any glaze or icing that you prefer for these pastries. Some popular alternatives include vanilla glaze, lemon glaze, or chocolate drizzle. You can also omit the glaze altogether if you prefer a less sweet pastry.

4. How long can I store the pastries for?

The pastries are best when served fresh, but you can store them in an airtight container for 1-2 days. If you have leftover pastries, you can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw them in the fridge before reheating in the oven.

5. Can I make these pastries in advance for a party?

Yes, you can make these pastries ahead of time for a party. Prepare the pastries as instructed, but do not bake them. Instead, place them on a lined baking sheet and freeze for up to a week. When ready to serve, simply thaw and bake as directed. This is a great way to save time and still have delicious pastries for your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LakesideMom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LakesideMom
  • Joyful
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
catlwilles
  • rsmpta