• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strange Cc Charges From Atlantis

I think I'll just stick to eating at home then.The massage was great. I didn't indulge, but they offered affordable (for Atlantis) poolside or oceanside massages!! Imagine feeling the fresh air, hearing the ocean, and having someones hands all over you! Pure luxury!!With the exception of lack of privacy, I think this kind of massage beats the more expensive spa massages they offered!I would definitely call the hotel itself and ask what they are for. It could be something simple that was a mistake (it occasionally happens).
Paige Dixon
Anyone else getting strange credit card charges from Atlantis? I found two legitimate charges and two non-legit charges on my statement today. One was for almost $150, the other wasn't posted until May 17th, only for about $22, but still...

Check your statements carefully! I'll keep ya posted if they're ripping me off!

How was the massage?<giggle>

Paige Dixon said:
Anyone else getting strange credit card charges from Atlantis? I found two legitimate charges and two non-legit charges on my statement today. One was for almost $150, the other wasn't posted until May 17th, only for about $22, but still...

Check your statements carefully! I'll keep ya posted if they're ripping me off!
Definitely keep us posted. I didn't notice anything odd and I did just check my cc statement. I'm going to look through it again just to be save. Were they during the dates you were there??

WOW! Did you call and find out what they were? I'd also call my CC company to let them know... they can put an alert on your account.

I work in a bank and we had a client come in because her hotel had added a second charge after she'd checked out. She'd called them and they said that they had to right to add additional charges as needed. She asked what the charges were FOR and the woman just kept saying they had the right to add additional charges... couldn't and wouldn't tell her what FOR. Their position was, her signing the form when she checked in gave them that right. She had a copy of it... didn't say ANYTHING like that.She disputed the charges.I wish I remembered the hotel... I'd never stay there.

My point was... call first, to see what if any explanation they can offer. There *may* be one... otherwise, dispute it!

pamperedbecky said:
Definitely keep us posted. I didn't notice anything odd and I did just check my cc statement. I'm going to look through it again just to be save. Were they during the dates you were there??

There were two ligit charges during my stay, one illigit the day I left, and one illigit from May 17.

They gave me a number to call during office hours. I guess I"m so suspicious because when we ordered two smoothies at the pool, I think the tab was $10 plus 15% gratuity, plus tax. If I remember correctly, the total was like $12.62. I didn't add a tip since it was included, but I was charged $21.62 when I reviewed the bill at check out. I think the server intentionally inverted the numbers to get a bigger tip, thinking I wouldn't notice. The front desk lady said the subtotal had been $18.50, so I don't think it was a mistake.

I hate it when I have had strange charges on my CC. And for the smoothies, sounds a mite bit fishy to me... I really don't like dishonest people!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
How was the massage?

<giggle>

I actually didn't indulge, but they offered affordable (for Atlantis) poolside or oceanside massages!! Imagine feeling the fresh air, hearing the ocean, and having someones hands all over you! Pure luxury!!

With the exception of lack of privacy, I think this kind of massage beats the more expensive spa massages they offered!

I would definitely call the hotel itself and ask what they are for. It could be something simple that was a mistake (it occasionally happens).

I worked in a hotel for 12 years and the only extra charges we ever put through after a guest checked out was if they went back to the room and made a long distance phonecall (people do that more than you think!), restaurant bill (if the waitress didn't bring it around in time) or if they stole the linens (you'd be surprised the number of people who do this then call and complain about the charge!!)

There is no reason if you call that they shouldn't be able to tell you what it is (may take some research through past days of work). If they can't (or won't), then be suspicious.

Good luck!

Paige Dixon said:
They gave me a number to call during office hours. I guess I"m so suspicious because when we ordered two smoothies at the pool, I think the tab was $10 plus 15% gratuity, plus tax. If I remember correctly, the total was like $12.62. I didn't add a tip since it was included, but I was charged $21.62 when I reviewed the bill at check out. I think the server intentionally inverted the numbers to get a bigger tip, thinking I wouldn't notice. The front desk lady said the subtotal had been $18.50, so I don't think it was a mistake.

I hate that, that happened! Before I met Wesley he had that happen to him. He put 0 for a tip because the service was so bad and the guy changed it to 10. When he found out he showed his copy of the receipt and the mananger fired him and gave wesley his money back. I don't understand why people have to be like that! I hope everything works out for you!

Paige Dixon said:
I actually didn't indulge, but they offered affordable (for Atlantis) poolside or oceanside massages!! Imagine feeling the fresh air, hearing the ocean, and having someones hands all over you! Pure luxury!!

With the exception of lack of privacy, I think this kind of massage beats the more expensive spa massages they offered!
Paige...you never told me about those!!! Not that they would let me have one!! I had no credit card and my cash was no good so along with a few other things, our stay wasn't the best. The Bahamas were beautiful and I SO needed to get away, but The Atlantis would only be my choice if PC gave it to us again.
When I checked out they didn't have many of the "courtesy bar" (like candy!!) items that we used. I didn't tell them since they wouldn't let me use the $260 on my account at the front desk...even one call to an "800" number!!! On the bright side...it was nice going home with cash!
Keep on them Paige, even though the staff is pleasant, it seems like they don't like to make prediciments like this very easy.

Chef_2_Four said:
I hate that, that happened! Before I met Wesley he had that happen to him. He put 0 for a tip because the service was so bad and the guy changed it to 10. When he found out he showed his copy of the receipt and the mananger fired him and gave wesley his money back. I don't understand why people have to be like that! I hope everything works out for you!

That happened to my sister in law. She left the tip blank one time, meaning not to leave one the the server gave herself a $10.00 tip. So if I leave a cash tip I alway draw a line through the tip so there can't be any changes. I can't beleive someone would have a the guts to do that. Don't people have ethics anymore. I hope my child never does that.

Take it a step further. A line or a zero can be changed to another number. I have a friend who writes "at table" on the receipt. Thought that was pretty smart!

Doesn't help what you're going through now, but it's a nice "tip" (oops, did I do that?) for the future!

GROANING may now commence...

nikked said:
Take it a step further. A line or a zero can be changed to another number. I have a friend who writes "at table" on the receipt. Thought that was pretty smart!

Doesn't help what you're going through now, but it's a nice "tip" (oops, did I do that?) for the future!

GROANING may now commence...

I am probably just really dense right now - but what does that do?

ChefBeckyD said:
I am probably just really dense right now - but what does that do?

Just makes it harder for someone to change the tip amount since you wrote words in the blank.

That's a good idea. I'm going to have to do it, too!

katie0128 said:
Just makes it harder for someone to change the tip amount since you wrote words in the blank.

That's a good idea. I'm going to have to do it, too!

Yup! It's easy(ier) to change a line or a zero to look like you wrote a different amount. Try changing "at table" to look like numbers...I don't think so!!!

Related to Strange Cc Charges From Atlantis

1. What are these strange credit card charges from Atlantis?

These charges may be related to purchases made at a business or website named "Atlantis." However, it is important to thoroughly review your statements and contact your credit card company if you do not recognize the charges.

2. How do I know if these charges are legitimate?

If you have made purchases at a business or website named "Atlantis," then these charges may be legitimate. However, if you do not recognize the charges or have not made any purchases at "Atlantis," it is important to report the charges to your credit card company for further investigation.

3. What should I do if I find unauthorized charges from Atlantis on my credit card statement?

If you find unauthorized charges from Atlantis on your credit card statement, you should contact your credit card company immediately to report the charges and dispute them. It is also important to keep a record of the charges and any communication with your credit card company.

4. Are there any other steps I should take if I suspect fraudulent charges from Atlantis?

In addition to reporting the charges to your credit card company, it is also a good idea to check your credit report and monitor your credit card statements regularly for any other unauthorized charges. You may also want to consider placing a fraud alert on your credit report to prevent further fraudulent activity.

5. Is anyone else experiencing strange credit card charges from Atlantis?

If you have found unauthorized charges from Atlantis on your credit card statement, it is possible that others may also be experiencing similar issues. It is important to report the charges to your credit card company and stay vigilant in monitoring your credit card activity to protect yourself from potential fraud.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
myinnerchef
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • KimoMakano
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies