• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stirfry Vs. Family Skillet for Cakes?

In summary, the main difference between using a stirfry pan and a family skillet for making cakes is the shape and size of the pan. While a family skillet is generally the preferred pan for making cakes, a stirfry pan can also be used, especially for layered or filled cakes. However, the cooking time and method may need to be adjusted accordingly. Ultimately, it is recommended to use a family skillet for making cakes for best results.
n8vtxn
I do not have the family skillet, but I do have the stir fry skillet, can I still use it for things like the molten brownie, etc? The shape I guess would be different, but is that a problem? :confused:

Thanks,
Leesa

CakesYES you can We went to a kick off and they showed pinapple upsidedown cakes in th stir fry pan and they looked great the cake had a dome to it and it looked pretty then use the easy accent dec to do the bottom around the dish part . you can make any cake in it SELL that COOKWARE any way you can
Doreen Zaino
Future Director 252326
[email protected]

Do you need to change the temp. or cooking time any if you are doing it in the stirfry??

I don't have the family skillet yet (I will have it soon since we can get it for $54 :D ) but I do have the stir-fry skillet and have made the turtle fudge skillet cake many many times. I maybe bake it for an extra 2-3 minutes but that's all. It really looks nice!! Good Luck!~ :)

What about the 10 inch skillet that comes in the 4 piece set? That's the biggest skillet I have so far. Would that work for the cakes?

10' skilletYes the 10' skillet works great too the cakes come higher too I make alot of cakes in that too cause it will also fit on the New Celebate Dish .

Doreen Zaino [email protected]
252326 Future Director

Thanks, Doreen!

Hi Leesa,Great question! While the stir fry skillet may have a different shape than the family skillet, it can still be used for dishes like the molten brownie. The most important thing is to make sure the skillet is oven safe and can withstand high temperatures. You may need to adjust the cooking time and temperature slightly, but with a little experimentation, you should be able to achieve the same delicious results.Happy cooking!

What is the difference between using a stirfry pan and a family skillet for making cakes?

The main difference between using a stirfry pan and a family skillet for making cakes is the shape and size of the pan. A stirfry pan has a deeper, rounded shape which is ideal for cooking stirfry dishes with lots of vegetables and sauce. A family skillet, on the other hand, has a flatter and wider surface area which is better for cooking larger dishes like pancakes or omelettes.

Can I use a stirfry pan to make cakes?

Yes, you can use a stirfry pan to make cakes, but it may not be the most ideal option. The deeper shape of the pan may cause the cake to cook unevenly and may also make it difficult to flip the cake. It is recommended to use a family skillet for making cakes for best results.

Which pan is better for making cakes, a stirfry pan or a family skillet?

The better pan for making cakes would be a family skillet. The wider surface area and flatter shape of the skillet make it easier to cook and flip the cake evenly. Additionally, family skillets often come with non-stick coating which can make it easier to remove the cake from the pan without it sticking.

Are there any benefits to using a stirfry pan for making cakes?

While a family skillet is generally the preferred pan for making cakes, using a stirfry pan can have its benefits. The deeper shape of the pan can be useful for making layered cakes or cakes with fillings, as it allows for more depth and volume. Additionally, the non-stick coating on some stirfry pans can make it easier to remove the cake from the pan without it sticking.

Can I use the same recipe for cakes in both a stirfry pan and a family skillet?

Yes, you can use the same recipe for cakes in both a stirfry pan and a family skillet. However, the cooking time and method may differ slightly due to the different shapes and sizes of the pans. It is always recommended to adjust the cooking time and method based on the specific pan being used for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rwesterpchef
  • jchesley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
c00p
  • IAmChefJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies