• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stir Fry Recipe Recommendations Needed

efficient?...than using a stovetop. You can cook a lot more at once on a hot plate, and it's also more portable.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I've been asked to do a stir fry at a show that's upcoming, very soon and I have to admit, I've got the pan and have :eek: Never used it!! I had great intentions, but just never wanted to play.

I'd like a TNT, healthier version if possible, stir fry. Any tips/tricks that you might have discovered also would be great.

Thanks again,

Lisa

(Who's going and digging out my stir fry pan and blowing the dust off the plastic, as it's never even come out of that)

Italian Pasta Stir-fryHere is my favorite stir-fry recipe for shows, I make the garlic bites to go along with it.

Attachments

• Italian Pasta Stir.doc
    22 KB · Views: 249
  • Garlic Pull Aparts.doc
    19 KB · Views: 275
??Do you make the Pull Aparts and cook them while you are doing the stir fry??

I'm going to be in her living room, using my little burner, so I'm hoping to not have to run back and forth too much. Generally my hostess has great turn out.

Can you add a meat to this?? If so, what would you suggest??

This sounds yummy.

Lisa

I'd recommend the Thai Chicken Stir-fry. It was delicious and the kids even liked it.

Other stir-frys to try: Glazed Sesame Chicken Stir-fry from the newset Season's Best, Chicken Curry Stir-fry, Greek Chicken Stir-fry, Italian Pasta Stir-fry, Chicken and Asparagus Stir-fry.

As for Pull-aparts - you start them on the stovetop and then put them into the oven for about 15-20 mins. If you only have one burner this would be tricky - which recipe do you start with?

What a great way to showcase the cookware lines - using the Stir-fry skillet and the "Try me" saute pan! Good luck on your show!

Linda

Here's the recipe: Thai Chicken Stir-fry Salad

Dressing
1 piece (1-inch/2.5 cm) peeled fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
3/4 cup (175 mL) creamy poppy seed salad dressing
2 cloves garlic, pressed

Salad
1 medium cucumber, scored, seeded and sliced
1 pkg (6 oz/175 g) fresh baby spinach leaves (7 cups/1.75 L packed)
1 pkg (12 oz/340 g) broccoli slaw mix (5 cups/1.25 L)
1 small red pepper, sliced into thin strips

Chicken Mixture
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened and cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes
1/4 cup (50 mL) snipped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup (50 mL) peanuts, chopped

For dressing, finely chop gingerroot using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine gingerroot, salad dressing and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; whisk until well blended and set aside.

For salad, score cucumber lengthwise using Lemon Zester/Scorer; cut cucumber in half crosswise and remove seeds using The Corer™. Thinly slice cucumber; cut slices in half. Place spinach, slaw mix, cucumber and red pepper in Simple Additions™ Large Bowl; refrigerate until ready to serve.

For chicken mixture, flatten chicken to ½ -inch/1 cm thickness using flat side of Meat Tenderizer; cut into ½ -inch/1 cm cubes. For chicken mixture, lightly spray Stir-Fry Skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet in a single layer. Cook without stirring 2 minutes or until chicken begins to brown. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; remove from heat. Add basil, peanuts and ¼ cup/50 mL of the dressing; toss to coat.

To serve, toss salad with remaining dressing; top with chicken mixture and serve immediately.

Yield: 8 servings

Per serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 240 mg, Fibre 3 g

Cook's Tip: Variation: Thai Chicken Stir-Fry with Rice: Omit salad ingredients. Prepare dressing as directed in Step 1. Double the chicken mixture; prepare as directed in Step 3, stir-frying chicken in two batches. Toss chicken with all of the dressing. Serve chicken mixture over hot cooked rice prepared with Rice Cooker Plus.

I Make the garlic pull-aparts first, and while they are baking, I make the Pasta Stir-fry. I do it all the time on a hot plate in the living room. It is low-fat, low calorie, and you can dd grilled chicken to it if you want. I make this quite often for dinner also.

Hot Plate????What kind of hot plate are you using?:confused: I want to buy one and am not sure what kind to get!!!! Thanks

I have an electric hot plate that I take to shows occasionally. It's one burner, just like an electric stove. You can find them at Wally World, hardware stores or some drug stores, usually between $10 and $15.

Hot PlateI got mine at Walmart, it was in a blue box, don't know name, but it was ONLY $7.50, I couldn't believe it, I was thinking I'd have to pay like $20.00 for it. I was THIRLLED!!

I've only used it a few times, but it's more than paid for itself, as I've had people order cookware from seeing me use it on that "little crappy" burner!! That's what one guest said to me, well if that cookware did that well on that "little crappy" burner, think what it'll do on MY stove (she just re-did her kitchen) and I was like, we'll I'd be more than happy to come to your house and try them out and show you how well they work and maybe you can earn entire set for 1/2 price. She laughed and didn't take me up on offer of show, but ordered the 12" skillet right there. WOO HOO for that hostess!!

Lisa

What ingredients are essential for a stir fry?

The essential ingredients for a stir fry are a protein such as chicken, beef, shrimp, or tofu, a variety of vegetables such as bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, and onions, and a sauce made of soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and other seasonings.

Can I use any type of oil for a stir fry?

It is recommended to use high smoke point oils such as vegetable oil, canola oil, or peanut oil for stir frying. These oils can withstand high heat without burning and add a nice flavor to the dish.

How do I make my stir fry more flavorful?

To enhance the flavor of your stir fry, you can add ingredients such as chopped garlic, ginger, and green onions to the oil before adding the vegetables. You can also use different types of sauces or marinades to create a unique flavor profile.

What type of pan should I use for stir frying?

A wok is traditionally used for stir frying, but a large skillet or sauté pan will also work. It is important to use a pan with a large surface area and high sides to allow for even cooking and tossing of the ingredients.

How do I avoid overcooking the vegetables in a stir fry?

The key to avoiding overcooking vegetables in a stir fry is to cut them into similar sizes and cook them in batches. This way, they will cook evenly and maintain their crispness. You can also blanch the vegetables in boiling water for a few seconds before stir frying to soften them slightly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • jdavis
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rwesterpchef
  • sfdavis918