• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Sting Defied Age with His Unwavering Concert Performances?

In summary, Sting still sounds good, and his performance of "Rooooxxxxxannnnnnne. You don't have to put on the red light" was amazing.
Jean DeVries
Gold Member
(the "do do do do, da da da da" kind, not the "woohwoohwooh pull over" kind)

Still basking in the afterglow of the Police concert last night. Dang, they still sound good!

You know how aging rockers don't sound as good 30 years later (anyone see that REO Speedwagon lead singer on 'Don't Forget the Lyrics'?)...well, Sting still sounds as good as he did 30 years ago, and then some.

Of course, Sting could come out and read the phone book for an hour and a half and I'd still fork over $100 to watch....:D

The only bummer was I was sitting in a section of people who thought concerts were for sitting. Mostly, I'm that crowd. But, seriously, how can you not shake what your momma gave you when you hear "Rooooooooxxxxxannnnnnne. You don't have to put on the red light"? Luckily, we were in the last row, so I could still do it and only disturb the stranger sitting next to me who was at butt-level.

Yum.

(yes, I know there's no point to this thread...just had to share)

Cool! I was going to buy tickets for DH last summer, but he told me he didn't want to go. I thought he was nuts!Glad you enjoyed yourself.

glad you had fun!!

Did you ever see the episode of South Park that did a parody of Masterpiece Theater? Sting played the part of Alistair Cooke and said, "Hello, I am a famous British person." They went on to do the South Park version of Great Expectations, and when I see it, I think I hear Dickens' spinning in his grave.Sting makes watching the whole mess worthwhile!

This is too funny...last summer I went to an Alice Cooper concert. I had no idea at all what I was getting into. But my husband who is older then I insisted that I knew his music and it would be fun. We go to the State Fair every year...and my husband thinks we need to attend a concert every year. So last year it was Alice. To my amazement I did know the music and to tell you the truth it was a good concert! There was a variety of people there but I really had a good time. Don't know that I would go again but it was worth the $30 to go!

Jean,

I am SO with you on Sting/The Police!!!!
I saw them last June in Dallas and will be there again on the 21st (in the 11th row mind you!!!!!).
I am a Sting FANATIC!!!!! And, I am also 31 years old. I never got the chance to see The Police live the first time around since they broke up when I was 7. But, I became a huge Sting fan (and subsequently a Police fan) in the 90's and have never missed him coming to Dallas since. I do know they have changed the set list a little since last year, but the show is AWESOME!!! I literally felt like I had reached the Mt. Everest of concert going. So, I am really excited to get to see them again on the 21st!!!
I am concert going person, and now with two toddlers, it's harder to get out to shows, but I will NEVER miss Sting live, ever!!!

P.S. I also got tickets for Stone Temple Pilots next month and just found out that Coldplay is coming in November, so this year is going to be a lot of concerts for me!!!

That was my second Police concert...I saw them last year in Detroit. '

Yep. Sting could have read the phone book then too.

I did have to laugh, though, because he looks so good, but Andy and Stewart just look bewildered.

My Mt. Everest of concerts was Eric Clapton last year. In the 12th row. And then Bob Seger a few months later. Everything after that is just concert gravy...

1. What songs did Sting perform during the concert?

During the concert, Sting performed a mix of his solo hits as well as songs from his time with The Police. Some of the popular songs included "Every Breath You Take," "Roxanne," "Fields of Gold," and "Shape of My Heart."

2. How was Sting's performance overall?

Sting's performance was incredible and received a standing ovation from the audience. His vocals and stage presence were just as captivating as they were 30 years ago, and he showed no signs of slowing down.

3. Did Sting have any special guests during the concert?

Yes, Sting had a surprise guest appearance by Shaggy, with whom he collaborated on the album "44/876." They performed their hit single "Don't Make Me Wait" together, much to the delight of the audience.

4. How was the sound quality at the concert?

The sound quality at the concert was exceptional. The venue had top-of-the-line audio equipment, and Sting's band was incredibly talented and well-rehearsed. Each instrument and vocal could be heard clearly, making for an immersive and enjoyable concert experience.

5. Did Sting interact with the audience during the concert?

Yes, Sting interacted with the audience throughout the concert, engaging in playful banter and sharing stories behind some of his songs. He also took a moment to thank the audience for their continued support over the past 30 years, making the concert feel intimate and personal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • leftymac
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • jesusluvsu2005