• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Steven Curtis Chapman's Daughter Died Today

In summary, Steven Curtis Chapman's 16 year old adopted daughter was killed when his son backed his car over her, and his 5 year old adopted daughter died earlier this year after being backed over by her father's car. This is so awful.
JAE
I just heard on the news that Steven Curtis Chapman's 5 year old adopted daughter was killed when Chapman's 16 year old son backed his car over her. This is so awful. I can't imagine what this family is going through right now.

Here's a link I just found: http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080521/TUNEIN/80521174/1005/ENTERTAINMENT

Last edited:
Oh my goodness- that is so sad... I KNOW God will carry this family through- My prayers will be with them, and my heart goes out to their 16 year old who has got to be feeling as low as you can feel right now!

The two reports I read say that she was 5 years old.

Yep, I changed it just before you posted your first post.

That is unbelievable sad...I just cannot imagine...

He did a concert at our church back in October and his sons were both in the band with him. My daughter worked backstage and actually held this little girl in her lap. She is heartbroken. He is a wonderful father and those boys absolutely DOTED on those two little girls. How heartbreaking.

That is just terrible. I'm always so afraid of backing up and not seeing the kids, this just confirms me still being anal about them moving up towards the house when I back out.

How terrible...praying for them all. :(

PampMomof3 said:
That is just terrible. I'm always so afraid of backing up and not seeing the kids, this just confirms me still being anal about them moving up towards the house when I back out.

That is so heartbreaking - the pain the brother (along with the family) must be feeling. I'll be praying for them today. Just can't imagine....

I'm anal about that too - I always make sure DS is with DH, or at the front of the car where I can see him, before I start moving....

How did I miss this - oh no - so sad, I love his music.
This happened here in our town a few years back - same thing - 16 year old son backed over 3 year old sister. He was on the way to school and thought she was inside, she had run after him instead.

Prayers, strength and Gods guidance for Stephen and family. This just breaks my heart.

Happened here recently as well - a father ran over his 3 year old son - just heartbreaking - I believe that most SUV's are starting to come out with cameras in the back so it can be avoided if possible - I just can't imagine the pain they must be feeling!!

How terribly heartbreaking :(

I was just at his concert last week and the way he talked about his children, especially his little girls...oh, this has to be so so terrible.His sons are 17 and 18, so not sure who this happened to. They both play in his band and tour with dad and are super amazing.I am so shocked.

How sad. I love his music. My heart goes out to his family.

Oh...he is such a wonderfully blessed musician. I know that God will get their family through this, but the pain they are in right now just makes me sick to my stomach. This is just heartbreaking...

So sad! Prayers for the family and extra ones for the brother too.

I saw this page Becky - the video will break your heart. My brother and family live in Franklin, TN. If I find out more than what is in the news, I will post and let you know. Prayers continuing.

This just breaks my heart. Prayers for that entire family are on my lips!

I am not familiar with the Chapmans but what a little angel. I read an article that just said "their teenage son" was driving the SUV that accidentally ran over her. They did not say which son or reveal his age. How tragic for this family.

It is tragic enough to lose Maria, but to this young man will forever hold this in his heart. I have no doubt that their strong faith will carry them through this heartache.

Here is an updated article about the Chapman family's tragedy. If you are a praying person, please pray for them.

http://www.cmcentral.com/news/7880.html

Wow, what a tragedy. The family will be in my prayers. I often pray for Christian performers. It's sometimes difficult to maintain a consistent walk while in the limelight. Steven seemed to do that very well.

Little Maria's memorial service is today. Steven was supposed to be performing at a festival in FL, but instead he's burying his daughter.Prayers for the family today.

1. What happened to Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter?

Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter, Maria Sue Chapman, tragically passed away in a car accident on May 21, 2008 at the age of 5.

2. Was Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter a celebrity?

No, Maria Sue Chapman was not a celebrity. She was the youngest daughter of Christian music artist Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife, Mary Beth Chapman.

3. How did the accident happen?

The accident occurred when one of Chapman's teenage sons accidentally hit Maria while backing out of their driveway in their SUV. The family was preparing for a birthday party for one of the children.

4. Did the accident have any impact on Steven Curtis Chapman's music career?

The tragic accident had a significant impact on Chapman's music career as he took a break from touring and performing to grieve and support his family. He released a song, "Heaven is the Face," in honor of his daughter and the experience of losing her.

5. How has the Chapman family coped with the loss of their daughter?

The Chapman family has leaned on their strong Christian faith to cope with the loss of their daughter. They have also started a charity organization, Show Hope, in honor of Maria to help orphaned and abandoned children around the world.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cat
Replies