• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting Pampered Chef: Can I Make Enough Profit?

In summary, with PC you can make a good living without putting in a ton of hours. You only have to spend $90.00 to start PC and you can get rewarded for your sales.
CarrieB
Gold Member
I am just starting PC. I really love the company and cooking so it seems like a perfect match. My question is this. I am worried about staring out at only 20% profit. I looked into MaryKay and Premiere Jewelry witch both have 50%. I know the products are more moderately priced and so will sell better but I don't want to kill myself for a small paycheck. So my question is do you make enough for the time you spend? Thanks for the input!

I don't know about the jewelry but with mary kay you have to buy inventory, so the only reason it's 50% is because you need to recoup what you've already gotten into it!

With PC, you start at 20%, but you can always give yourself a raise by doing more shows a month. also no inventory to keep at all.

And, you get paid what you put into it. Meaning if you only work the business at 20%, that's all you're going to make. For some people that's just what they need, others really throw themselves into it and make quite a bit more.

This year so far I've averaged about $300 a month, doing only 1-3 parties a month. My fall will be more than double that because I have started putting more time into it, so I have a fuller schedule.

make it what you want and good luck!!!

First of all Welcome!

I am finding that you definitely make enough for the amount of time that is put in! I am going to attach a flyer that shows why 20% is enough. You have to factor in that you do not have to carry inventory, Pampered Chef pays for the hostess gifts, etc.

Attachments

• why only 20 percent commission.doc
    24 KB · Views: 420
And you also have to keep in mind what kind of average show MK or other groups have... nationally ours is $470 but there are MANY shows that are mich higher!

Never just 20%I have NEVER received only 20% commission! My average commission is 23%. I just hit my $15K mark so now I will get 2% more. I started back in December and looked back through the months. I only do about 3-4 shows a month, but every month was about 24%. Just something to think about...

Joanne

AJPratt said:
And you also have to keep in mind what kind of average show MK or other groups have... nationally ours is $470 but there are MANY shows that are mich higher!

This is the number to remember. We have one of THE highest show averages of any Direct Sales Company.

ChefinHarmony said:
I have NEVER received only 20% commission! My average commission is 23%. I just hit my $15K mark so now I will get 2% more. I started back in December and looked back through the months. I only do about 3-4 shows a month, but every month was about 24%. Just something to think about...

Joanne
This is true for me, too!

With the 'average' show, at 20% comission you would make around $100. If you average about 4 hours total for the show (actual show time, driving, inputing into computer) you would make $25/hour. Not bad;)
Like someone else mentioned....the more sales you have in a month, the higher your comission is. PC rewards you more for working harder. I don't know about the other companies, but w/PC SEVERAL times in the year you get to earn FREE products & other rewards based on you sales also! I've been doing 4-6 shows a month & have been averaging $600-700 per month.
This is truly an awesome company!:)

You only had to spend $90.00 to start PC with MK you have to spend $100's of dollars to start and keep an inventory. Also with MK you have to pay for the host's gift with PC you don't. The 50% looks good but you don't really get the whole 50%. With PC you do, it's all you about what you put into yoru business. Good Luck

I don't know about other direct sales companies but PC is fairly easy in my opinion. My FIRST paycheck with four shows (one of them lest than $200) was $500! I think that's amazing since I don't like to cook, didn't know the products at all and couldn't answer any questions. My husband was amazed as well for as little effort as he saw me put into it. Since last Nov, I have earned money, gotten hundreds of dollars of FREE products that I would never be able to justify buying, and given my husband the chance to be the main guy with the kids (as well as giving me an outlet).

Now, don't get me wrong, I still spend more time than I should on much of this business so my hourly rate wouldn't average to $25. I do buy paperwork, postage and other supplies so it's not all profit; however, it is worth it.

I'm not a director, but I think you don't start making the easy money until you have quite a few people under you. I see it as planting seeds. If you stay in any business long enough, you should see a profit later. PC just makes it easy to keep the motivation to do. No Inventory is the BEST.

Bee: THAT'S AWESOME!!!!

I make about $100 a show on average which considering how little time I have to put into it is great.

CarrieB said:
I am just starting PC. I really love the company and cooking so it seems like a perfect match. My question is this. I am worried about staring out at only 20% profit. I looked into MaryKay and Premiere Jewelry witch both have 50%. I know the products are more moderately priced and so will sell better but I don't want to kill myself for a small paycheck. So my question is do you make enough for the time you spend? Thanks for the input!

I average $150 commission for each show I do, so if I do 2 shows a month, I get about a $300 paycheck. I'm pretty happy with that.
But I'd like to have a consistent 4 shows a month, so I'd have a $600-$700 paycheck!

I do 4 shows a month on average (minus July) a very slow month! I earn between $400-600 every month. And I just got my 2% raise this month for my $15k mark so I am looking forward to that each paycheck! PC rules by far!

Carrie: Sorry, but I didn't answer the second part of your post. I feel that what I am paid is more than worth the time I spend, because it doesn't feel like work at all. I'll look at my commission and can't believe someone even gave me a dime for laughing my butt off and meeting some really great people. Now don't get me wrong, not everyone is my new best friend but some people I just can't see not being a part of their life or them a part of mine!

Thanks for all the info! I am really starting to see what yall mean. I am very excited to get to where yall are!

Best of luck to you! Have you signed up yet?

Yeah, What are you waiting for?! This is so much fun!

CarrieB said:

I earned my kit back on my frist show which was almost 600.00 it was just shy of it!!! I also made my first SS month....... so 20% seems small but it really isnt!!!!

I just became a consultant in March and it is so worth it. I am PT and my first show was $808 which more than paid my kit, so I was very pleased. Most months I have made 22%+, but I think 2 months I only made 20%. Go for it! If you like to meet people, talk and have fun you will enjoy it. The money is there, but it's just how much effort you want to put into it. I work another FT job which I intend to continue, so I don't do as much as many people. Oh yeah, the free products are great, too!

Jeanie

Getting startedI just had my show at my house and am going to use part of the hostest benifts to get my kit. I can't wait I am very excited!!! I have already set up two shows.

WAY TO GO!!!! Congrats!!!

Yea, Carrie!!!!

Related to Starting Pampered Chef: Can I Make Enough Profit?

1. How much profit can I expect to make as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The amount of profit you can make as a Pampered Chef consultant varies depending on your sales and efforts. On average, consultants earn between 20-27% commission on their sales. Additionally, there are opportunities for bonuses and incentives based on your performance.

2. Are there any costs associated with starting as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, there is a one-time $109 fee to join as a consultant, which includes your starter kit with over $800 worth of products and business tools. There are also optional business tools and supplies available for purchase, but they are not required to get started.

3. Do I need to meet sales quotas to maintain my consultant status?

No, there are no sales quotas or minimum requirements to maintain your consultant status. However, to remain active and earn commission, you must submit at least $200 in sales every rolling three months.

4. Can I work as a Pampered Chef consultant part-time?

Yes, many consultants work part-time and still see success with Pampered Chef. You have the flexibility to set your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want. Keep in mind that your earnings may be impacted by the amount of time and effort you put into your business.

5. Is there any training or support provided for new consultants?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers comprehensive training and support for new consultants. This includes online training resources, a mentorship program, and a community of other consultants to learn from and share tips with. You will also have a dedicated support team to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have along the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef02
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Christina Wood
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • krahema