• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting a Gourmet Dog Bakery: Finding Pet/Craft Shows & E-Commerce Outlets

In summary, to market your gourmet dog bakery products, you can reach out to local pet stores, pet boutiques, and dog grooming salons, as well as participate in pet and craft shows and sell online through platforms like Etsy and Amazon. It's important to research and comply with any necessary licenses and permits in your area and focus on making your products stand out through high-quality ingredients, unique flavors, and engaging with customers. Consider a combination of event and online selling to maximize profits.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
I'm in the process of starting a gourmet dog bakery & looking for places to market. Where are some good places to find pet shows/expos & craft shows? I'm also looking for places similar to etsy to list my products. Thanks in advance everyone. I'm super excited about this new adventure (& for those wondering, I'll still be selling PC)!

Just because it's the industry I work in, have you considered some kind of logo wear? Yup sort of like PC! You can get cute shirts made or even design your own for a good price. Then if you take your own pups to the dog park or any where else there are puppies around, you can market yourself that way.

I find a lot of vendor things on craigslist. You can advertise on there also. Have you approached your local pet stores to see if they would mind putting business cards/flyers up for you?

Thanks for the great ideas. :)

I would try to advertise at the vets and the groomers. But not like Petco type groomers, small individually-owned. And you could also see about contacting local dogwalkers and offer them referral bonuses. My reasoning is if someone loves their pet to hire a dogwalker or take them to a doggie daycare, they would love gourmet food for their pet! AND to tie in PC, maybe offer to do a fundraiser at an animal shelter where you make treats and then plug your gourmet company. Just a few ideas....

Hi there! Congratulations on your new venture, that sounds like such a fun and unique business idea! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely understand the excitement of starting a new venture while still maintaining your PC business. When it comes to finding places to market your gourmet dog bakery, I would suggest reaching out to local pet stores, pet boutiques, and even dog grooming salons. These places often have a built-in customer base of pet owners who would be interested in your products. You could also look into participating in local farmer's markets or community events that have a focus on pets.For pet shows and expos, I would recommend checking out websites like BringFido.com or Petfinder.com, which have a list of upcoming pet-related events in different areas. You could also reach out to local animal shelters or rescue organizations to see if they have any events coming up that you could participate in.As for craft shows, I would suggest researching local craft fairs and markets in your area, as well as looking into online platforms such as Handmade at Amazon or ArtFire. These websites are similar to Etsy and cater to handmade and unique products.Best of luck with your new adventure, and I'm sure your Pampered Chef skills will come in handy when it comes to creating delicious treats for our furry friends!

1. How do I find pet and craft shows to sell my gourmet dog bakery products?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, one of the best ways to find pet and craft shows is to network with other vendors and pet owners. You can also search for local events on websites such as Eventbrite or the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters. Additionally, joining pet-related Facebook groups and forums can help you connect with potential event organizers.

2. What are some popular e-commerce outlets for selling gourmet dog bakery products?

Some popular e-commerce outlets for selling gourmet dog bakery products include Etsy, Amazon, and Shopify. These platforms provide a user-friendly interface, shipping options, and a large customer base for your products.

3. Do I need to obtain any special licenses or permits to sell my products at events or online?

The requirements for licenses and permits vary by state and country, so it's important to research and comply with the laws in your area. In general, you may need a business license, food handler's permit, and/or tax ID number. Check with your local government or small business administration for more information.

4. How can I make my gourmet dog bakery products stand out among other vendors at events?

One way to make your products stand out is to focus on high-quality, natural ingredients and unique flavor combinations. You can also create eye-catching packaging and signage that showcases your brand and products. Offering samples and engaging with customers to share the story behind your products can also help differentiate your bakery from others.

5. Is it more profitable to sell my products at events or online?

There are pros and cons to both selling at events and online. By participating in events, you can interact directly with customers and potentially make more immediate sales. Online selling allows you to reach a larger audience and have a more passive income stream. Ultimately, it may be beneficial to have a combination of both methods to maximize your profits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • Laura Kavanaugh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Niki Kate
  • carriemc
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies