• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting a Business with Limited Funds

In summary, the PC company is offering a new mini-kit with $200 in products and business supplies for just $65, which is a great deal for those who can't afford the full kit. The company is also offering a 50% rebate on the kit to those who sign up by March 31.
jwpamp
What's your take on this?

I think it's a great opportunity for those who want to start but have limited funds --- but I can see me doing more training for people whose whole hearts may not be in the business....

I think one great positive is for recruit leads who already have most of the products from the kit! They can get started for a lot less money!

Now I still think the regular kit is the best way to go, but I like the alternative!

I'm thinking it's great for people who can't afford it and they can get the rest of the products free with the PC $$s they will earn in their first 90 days! More incentive to work harder to get the PC $$$ and get the rest of the kit *free*.

Here's what I plan to put in my newsletter (luckily I hadn't sent it on Tuesday like I had planned):

NEW MINI-KIT: April - June you can start your Pampered Chef business with the full kit of over $500 in products and business supplies for just $155 or if your budget is tight you can get the mini-kit with $200 in products and business supplies for just $65! You can easily earn that back in just one show!! Call now for details. If you know someone who needs additional income please send this onto them. It just might make the difference in their life. I do reward referrals.

Join by March 31 and earn a 50% rebate on your kit. Get the full kit for just $77.50 (plus tax)! Call now to learn more.

I think it's great for past hostesses who have everything already and those who don't have the cash. I have people in mind already.

DebbieJ said:
I think it's great for past hostesses who have everything already and those who don't have the cash. I have people in mind already.

I ditto that one!

I sent out 40-50 e-mails last night and will follow up with calls in the next 2 days. I also sent an edited version of the e-mail to my team to forward on to their prospects...working this one as hard as possible!

Let's not forget that we still have a week in March. If someone can afford the full kit it is the better deal especially with the rebate.

I have sent out emails about this too but I am also offering the March deal. I think this is great for those who are laid off or without money for other reasons, for past consultants and long time hosts. I am praying that they make it permanent! I actually hope that they get about equal purchases of both kits and few kitnappers - I think that will determine if they keep it.

I just spoke with Career Solutions. I speculated a host would not be allowed to use a kit credit to purchase the mini kit and I am correct. The information will be going out in the April CN.

ChefLisa said:
I just spoke with Career Solutions. I speculated a host would not be allowed to use a kit credit to purchase the mini kit and I am correct. The information will be going out in the April CN.

That makes sense. I offer all past hosts $40 toward their kit regardless of when they sign so I'd be willing to do that with the new mini kit. No one has taken me up on that yet, but maybe now? We'll see!

DebbieJ said:

Ditto, ditto...I have a couple past host who didn't want the whole kit and those who just didn't have the funds. This is GREAT. I'm so happy. I just signed two girls this week and it will be easier for them to start shareing the business with such a great offer.
I can't wait. I already started to spread the word.:love0010:

ChefLisa said:
I think one great positive is for recruit leads who already have most of the products from the kit! They can get started for a lot less money!

Now I still think the regular kit is the best way to go, but I like the alternative!

I agree. A lot of my recruit leads are customers who don't want duplicates. I can't wait to talk with them about this offer.

I am excited about this! I know that you may think that you will be training people who's hearts are not into it, but think of all of those people who signed up...just to do the 6 parties to get the free stuff and who have now been with the company for years. You just never know when that "needle in the haystack" consultant will stumble into the business and fall in love with it!:love0010:

I sent out and e-mail today to past recruit leads. In addition to the Mini Kit offer, I bragged the objection of "you must think that we are not doing well in the economy at it's current level. But business is thriving even in these economic times" then I let them know this stat:

14 of my team members have already submitted $20,000 for this month already. That averages about $329 in additional income for each of those households.

What I did not tell them is that we have also recruited 3 new members this month too! I am hoping for more by the end of the month.

While I was sending it out, one of my past hosts who wants to re-book mentioned the opportunity again...I sent her the same e-mail!!!! Will work on her...she's bored!!!:D:chef:

baychef said:
I am excited about this! I know that you may think that you will be training people who's hearts are not into it, but think of all of those people who signed up...just to do the 6 parties to get the free stuff and who have now been with the company for years. You just never know when that "needle in the haystack" consultant will stumble into the business and fall in love with it!:love0010::

YUP, that was me! I told my recruiter that I just wanted the Super Starter 6 month products and that was it! Now, almost 6 years later!! I did fall in love with it.

Chef Kearns said:
YUP, that was me! I told my recruiter that I just wanted the Super Starter 6 month products and that was it! Now, almost 6 years later!! I did fall in love with it.

That was me too!! I'm with the company now 4 years!

I just called a lady I have been working with since November. Her family just couldn't afford the $155. She works overnight shifts at Wal-Mart and her husband works in construction (I think). Her FIL just passed away and they inherited his house and debt in CA. In December she wanted to sign, she was going to have a party to use the kit buy-down. But we couldn't get it together. She was going to sign in Jan, but the $155 was too overwhelming. But NOW!! She's ready!! Hip Hip Hooray Pampered Chef!! :D

Way to go!!! My host for April 4th will now be my newest consultant's first party!! Trying to get her signed up today. She and I get along very well. She has already told me that she will need a good amount of hand holding, but I am up for it! She is funnier that heck so I can work with her. (I hope!!):chef:

Woo-hoo, congratulations guys!

Woo hoo!!! That's wonderful guys!

This is going to help so many people. When I announced this last night at my consultants starter show 2 out of 5 people wanted more info we're going to do a follow up on both and get her to team leader in no time. I also had a past hostess who wanted to start doing cooking shows i got a hold of her and she said that this seemed perfect for her, she already has just about everything in the catalog and she didn't need the whole kit again.

1. How much does it cost to start a Pampered Chef business with limited funds?

The cost to start a Pampered Chef business with limited funds can vary, as it depends on your individual goals and budget. However, our starter kits range from $109-$259 and include everything you need to get started, including business supplies, training materials, and product samples.

2. Can I still be successful with a limited budget?

Yes, you can still be successful with a limited budget. Pampered Chef offers various payment plans and financing options to help make the initial investment more manageable. Plus, our business model allows for low overhead costs and the potential for high profits.

3. Do I need to purchase inventory upfront?

No, you do not need to purchase inventory upfront. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can choose to purchase inventory as needed or take advantage of our "no inventory" model and have products shipped directly to your customers. This allows you to save on storage and inventory costs.

4. How long does it take to see a return on my investment?

The amount of time it takes to see a return on your investment can vary depending on your efforts and dedication. Some consultants have seen a return on their initial investment within the first month, while others may take a few months. Our training and support team will work with you to create a personalized plan to help you reach your financial goals.

5. Are there any additional costs besides the starter kit?

The only additional cost besides the starter kit may be a monthly fee for your personal website, which is $9.50 per month. This fee covers the cost of maintaining and updating your website and provides you with a personalized URL to share with customers. However, this fee is waived for your first three months with Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Candi_f
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Candi_f
  • wadesgirl
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kat B