• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stainless Cookware Info I Got....

In summary, the conversation discusses the benefits of using stainless cookware and compares it to other brands. It is mentioned that stainless cookware is a good alternative to Teflon cookware due to health concerns. The discussion also mentions the reasons behind using aluminum instead of copper in the cookware and how the design and materials used make it competitive in the market. It is noted that the handles on the Pampered Chef cookware are designed to stay cooler than those on other brands. The conversation ends with a question about the length of the handles on the new stainless cookware.
lacychef
I got this from my director yesterday....thought I'd share in case you haven't seen it. I'm anxious to practice with my stainless saute pan, because I've never cooked with stainless before....I'm ready to learn all about it!

"This came to me from Lisa Donavon, who got it from her director, Exec. Director Cheryl Bovee:

Wanted to pass along some great information about stainless cookware that was shared by my friend and

Exec.Director Dot Dorion. Thanks Dot!!!!

Hi everyone,

I have a friend whose registries include both the Pampered Chef and Bed, Bath & Beyond. I asked her why she chose All-Clad Cookware ($1100 for the 12-piece set). She replied that as a chemical engineer, she is well aware of the Teflon issue, so that kind of cookware was out of the question. She said All Clad has a copper core, which is the best heat conductor. Knowing that our core is aluminum, and knowing that customers are going to ask us how ours differ from All-Clad, I called the Test Kitchen and asked why they chose aluminum instead of copper. Here is what I learned from Jackie in the Test Kitchens (she was delightful on the phone).

They researched and tested numerous forms of stainless cookware before choosing the design used it the Stainless Cookware.

1) Jackie said it's true that copper is the best conductor of heat, however it is also very costly to produce. They wanted to make a line of cookware that was high quality but also affordable, knowing that very few of our customers would pay $1100 for a set of cookware. Aluminum is the next best thing.

2) They found the tri-ply design (stainless, aluminum, stainless) to be very effective. Some cookware types are 5-ply, and some are even 7- and 9-ply. They say that makes their cookware even better. However, the test kitchens tried out all these types and found no difference in how fast they heat or how they cook the food in the pan. The extra layers of copper add additional weight to an already heavy piece of cookware and drive up the cost.

3) The handles on All-Clad cookware get very hot on the stove top, requiring you to use a hot pad/oven mitt. The handles on the Pampered Chef cookware are hollow after you get past the Y-shape (outward, toward the end of the handle), allowing the heat to go from the metal into the air in the middle of the handle. This keeps the handle cooler and takes a little weight out.

4) All-Clad cookware has aluminum lids, so you cannot see inside your pans. Ours are clear glass with high handles so you have less chance of touching the hot lid with your hands.

I just used my little 1-1/2 Qt saucepan to heat up some spaghetti sauce last night and I was surprised at how fast it came to a boil. The handle stayed perfectly cool, not even warm. So I think we will have a set of cookware that is very competitive in the market."

Good to know:)

Thanks Lacy! I am going to pass that along to my cluster!

This is awesome! I'm going to send it to my up- and downline!
Thanks!!!

Lacy,

Thanks for the great info! I'm going to send it to my director too!

Thanks for the information!!

Anyone know how long the new stainless cookware handles are?? Please PM me if you k now, I have someone VERY interested in it, but she is afraid the handles will be too long for her small counter space.

Please PM me if you know. TIA.

Lacy - is your director under Cheryl? She's my ED! :)

You're very welcome! I thought it was good info!

crystalscookingnow said:
Lacy - is your director under Cheryl? She's my ED! :)
No, not sure if they know each other or not.....just came around in emails! My director got it from our executive, Kelly Downey.

Great info Lacy, thanks for sharing! And, big kudos to your director for getting this info for us!

vwpamperedchef said:
Anyone know how long the new stainless cookware handles are?? Please PM me if you know, I have someone VERY interested in it, but she is afraid the handles will be too long for her small counter space.

Please PM me if you know. TIA.

Hi, Vanessa... I just measured the handle on my 1.5 qt saucepan they gave us at Conference. It was 7.5 inches from where the pot ends and the handle starts. Just for reference, I put it next to a similar-sized Executive saucepan... the handles seem to approximately of equal length. I'm sure handle size will vary depending upon the size of the pot/pan, but I don't think they will be overly long or anything.

Hoep that helps.

=) Jen

What material is the Pampered Chef Stainless Cookware made of?

The Pampered Chef Stainless Cookware is made of high-quality, 18/10 stainless steel. This type of stainless steel is known for its durability and resistance to rust and corrosion.

Is the Pampered Chef Stainless Cookware safe to use on all stovetops?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Stainless Cookware is safe to use on all stovetops, including induction, gas, electric, and ceramic stovetops.

Can I put the Pampered Chef Stainless Cookware in the dishwasher?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Stainless Cookware is dishwasher safe. However, to maintain its quality and longevity, we recommend hand washing with mild soap and water.

Does the Pampered Chef Stainless Cookware come with a warranty?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Stainless Cookware comes with a limited lifetime warranty. This warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship under normal household use.

Can I use metal utensils with the Pampered Chef Stainless Cookware?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Stainless Cookware is designed to withstand metal utensils. However, using non-metal utensils can help prolong the life of your cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Debala715
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • lindy0116
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Zsu
  • PampMomof3