• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for St. Patrick's Day Recipes? Try These Delicious Ideas!

S
sfdavis918
Anyone have any ideas for a St Patricks Day recipe? My hosts want to do a more substantial appetizer or a main dish.

Thanks!

Having a hubby who is from Ireland and we own an Irish restaurant - anything with corn beef would work - maybe like a ring of sorts (ring of Kerry --LOL)

Beer batter mix - that is one and maybe actually a the smashed potato soup -

Mind is working as I type -

Hey, that gave me a thought. I have never cooked corned beef before (not a big fan of it) but could it be done in the DCB? Maybe not, doesn't it need to be boiled?

I just picked up a book from the grocery store that's full of recipe ideas for St. Patrick's Day. It's from Taste Of Home, and was at the checkout lane. There were a lot of things in there that could be adapted to a show.

sfdavis918 said:
Hey, that gave me a thought. I have never cooked corned beef before (not a big fan of it) but could it be done in the DCB? Maybe not, doesn't it need to be boiled?

It should work fine, I always cook my CB in the oven & am going to try it in the DCB. I'll let you know how it comes out! :chef:

I know you didnt ask for a dessert but here's what I am using

St. Patty's Trifle

1 frozen loaf of poundcake
1 vanilla instant pudding or pistashio pudding
a few green drops of food coloring
cool whip
garnish the top with some shamrock cookies

Layer

(If using vanilla pudding I had a 1-2 tsp of mint extract and crush some thin mint cookies on the top.)

Yum Vanessa!!!

chefann said:
I just picked up a book from the grocery store that's full of recipe ideas for St. Patrick's Day. It's from Taste Of Home, and was at the checkout lane. There were a lot of things in there that could be adapted to a show.

This is a terrific book! I picked one up, too... I absolutely LOVE the slow cooker bread pudding recipe that uses leftover cinnamon rolls. I do a double batch of the Cinnamon Sprinkle Cinnamon Rolls (sometimes with some fried apples and Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend added), and then make them into the bread pudding. My family LOVES it! I haven't done it at a show yet, but it would make a nice thing to make ahead and serve as a supplemental desert at a show... I just have to type up the instructions in a nice format and make it into recipe cards.

Anyway, that is my favorite, but there are a lot more great recipe ideas in that book that could be adapted for shows. If they are not available everywhere, and anyone wants one, I would be happy to pick one up and ship it to you... I think it was about $5.

My dessert is similar to Vanessa's. Mint Brownie Trifle

1 pkg. Brownie mix ( make cake like brownies)
1 pkg. Instant white chocolate pudding with green food coloring
1 bag of Andes Mint pieces
Cool Whip

Just layer the brownies, pudding and mint pieces, then on top pipe some cool whip on with the accent decorator and stick a few more Mint pieces on top for decoration. Quick and Simple.

1. What are some traditional St. Patrick's Day recipes?

Some traditional St. Patrick's Day recipes include corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda bread, shepherd's pie, and colcannon.

2. Are there any vegetarian options for St. Patrick's Day recipes?

Yes, there are several vegetarian options for St. Patrick's Day recipes, such as roasted vegetable shepherd's pie, vegetarian Irish stew, and meatless Irish soda bread.

3. Can you suggest any St. Patrick's Day appetizer recipes?

Some delicious St. Patrick's Day appetizer recipes include Irish cheddar and Guinness fondue, Irish smoked salmon bites, and mini shepherd's pie bites.

4. What are some main dish options for St. Patrick's Day?

There are many main dish options for St. Patrick's Day, including Irish beef and Guinness stew, corned beef and cabbage casserole, and Dublin coddle.

5. Is there a way to incorporate green into a St. Patrick's Day recipe?

Absolutely! You can add green food coloring to mashed potatoes, make a green salad with spinach and avocado, or even make a green shamrock-shaped pizza using pesto as the sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • chesse
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies