• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need St. Patrick's Day Cooking Show Ideas

In summary, Tammy Downham, a Christian woman, is planning to do a party/cooking show with a St. Patty's Day theme. Guests could win a door prize by wearing green. There are many ideas for recipes and games, including a punch in the triffle bowl and green peanut butter cups in the silicone cupcake pan.
pckelly
I have a show booked for March 17, which is St. Patty's Day. If anone has any ideas for any recipes or games I could do for that day I would appreciate it! She wants to have a party/cooking show with a St. Patty's Day theme!!:D

For starters, you could give a small door prize to each person that remembered to wear green :)

Maybe make a green drink in the QSP?

We used to do green everything in elementary school... make some sort of cake... maybe a trifle where you died the cake green? Tie in April HS and the st patty's theme in one... hmmm... i'm sure we all can come up with more...

I have a show 3-16 and was thinking the same thing... I have this weird thing about eating artificially colored green things though, LMAO!! Think the guests would be bothered by green food??

Hmm. Maybe AppleTini's? Or Green Balloons with Book *pop* to look? I was thinking something in the trifle too. That would be really cute! You can also do something with green apples and use the mandoline to slice them into chips or something.. Hmm. I don't know! lol.

What about doing a punch in the triffle bowl? Or maybe doing green peanut butter cups in the silicone cupcake pan, by using white chocolate. Caramel Apple Dip with Granny Smith Apples, or fruit fondue with green fruit? Hope this helps!

Tammy Downham

Margie...what are Apple Tini's????

Anything with Bailey's in it!

--

You could do a Shepherd's Pie in the DDB or Rectangular Baker. Shepherd's Pie is a traditional Irish dish. They use lamb, but you could use beef. It's a "peasant" recipe, so there's no real science to it - just toss stuff together.

Boil and mash 3-4 potatoes. (Use the Rice Cooker in the microwave, and cut the potatoes pretty small to reduce the cooking time.)
Brown 1-2 lbs. ground beef (or a combo of beef and lamb). Drain.
Add 1 bag frozen mixed veggies and 1 jar mushroom gravy.
Spoon meat mixture into the stoneware. Top with mashed potatoes. (Use the EAD to make fancy potatoes.)
Bake 20-30 minutes until hot through and potatoes are golden brown on top.

Serve with beer! (Guinness or Harp)

Last edited:
Sorry, nothing with Baily's or Beer! Christian woman doing the show! But thanks for the advice!! Will be making some kind of green punch!
LOL

One year I made Tuxedo Brownie Cups, but tinted the filling green - and flavored them w/ a little mint extract....they were very good!

pcheftammy said:
What about doing a punch in the triffle bowl? Or maybe doing green peanut butter cups in the silicone cupcake pan, by using white chocolate. Caramel Apple Dip with Granny Smith Apples, or fruit fondue with green fruit? Hope this helps!

Tammy Downham

Love the green punch in the triffle bowl idea. Shows it is good for other things besides salads, dips. I think I will do the sherbert punch where you float the sherbert in there and will use green sherbert. I am also going to do some kind of savory recipe so will just tint something green.....green omlet anyone lol:D

You could freeze the sherbert in the silicone floral cupcake pan... how cute would those floaties be :)

I heard a neat idea....refrigerate sugar cookie dough, then cut into cookies. Put cookies next to each other on stone to form shamrock shape. When you bake, they bake all together. Then, you can frost with green icing. Try at home first to get good at the shape of it....

Ann, I like your Shepherd Pie idea! In fact, I just made that the other night! I used some fresh veggies (used the Forged Cutlery) and Cream Mushroom soup. I made the potatoes in the classic batter bowl while browning the meat. Our family loves cheese, so I used the DCG for some cheddar on top and baked in Rec Baker- YUM!

Does anyone have a St. Patrick's Day show invite made yet? I thought I would check and see before I make one this weekend... TIA!

a few weeks back in our weekly news there was a recipe for cupcakes. this is what i am going to do for my shows around that time.

make white cake mix died green, cupcakes
cut tops off, use creative cutters, shamrock and cut through top
mix cool whip and cheesecake pudding mix, pipe onto cupcake and top with decorated top

easy & delicious

You need to do a search on here for St Patrick's Day, because I know last year I found a ton of stuff. Really great ideas!! If I remember right, it was Greg's Mom that had posted it. Hope this helps.

1. How can I incorporate traditional Irish dishes into my St. Patrick's Day cooking show?

One idea is to make a classic Irish stew with lamb or beef, potatoes, and vegetables. You could also serve Irish soda bread or colcannon, a dish made with mashed potatoes and cabbage. Another option is to make shepherd's pie, which usually consists of a meat and vegetable filling topped with mashed potatoes.

2. What are some festive green foods I can make for a St. Patrick's Day cooking show?

You could make a green salad with spinach, avocado, and green apples. Another option is to make green deviled eggs using food coloring or natural dyes like matcha powder. You could also serve a green smoothie made with spinach, kale, and pineapple.

3. How can I involve my audience in the cooking show for St. Patrick's Day?

You could have a "green food" potluck where everyone brings a dish to share. You could also have a cooking competition where teams have to create a traditional Irish dish with a modern twist. Another idea is to have an interactive segment where audience members can come up and help prepare a dish on stage.

4. What are some creative decorations I can incorporate into my St. Patrick's Day cooking show?

You could decorate with shamrock-themed tablecloths, napkins, and plates. You could also use green-colored utensils, cups, and serving dishes. Another idea is to create a rainbow-themed centerpiece using fruits and vegetables in different colors.

5. How can I make my St. Patrick's Day cooking show accessible for those with dietary restrictions?

You could offer alternative options for dishes, such as a vegetarian version of Irish stew or gluten-free Irish soda bread. You could also provide a list of ingredients and potential allergens for each dish, and offer substitutes if necessary. It's also a good idea to have a variety of dishes that cater to different dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • eatoninthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies