• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ss 2010 Theme - Mexican in Minutes

In summary, there are three recipe cards available for Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa, Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake, and Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches Trifle. These recipes are featured on a postcard invitation along with a main dish recipe for Cool and Crunchy Chicken Tacos, which is not available as a card. All the recipes are also included in the new SBRC. Additionally, there are two supporting beverage recipes for Mango Margaritas and Cool Caramel Cafe con Leche in the SBRC. Other recipes in the SBRC that fit the theme include Artichoke Bacon Bites, Raspberry Habanero Goat Cheese Puffs, and Sweet Cinnamon Churros with Dolce de
chefann
Gold Member
3 recipe cards available: Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa, Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake and Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches Trifle.

Postcard invitation has pics of all 3 card recipes.

Additional main dish recipe, but no card: Cool and Crunchy Chicken Tacos

All the recipes are in the new SBRC.

2 supporting beverage recipes, also in the SBRC: Mango Margaritas, Cool Caramel Cafe con Leche

Other recipes in the SBRC that can be used to fit the theme: Artichoke Bacon Bites, Raspberry Habanero Goat Cheese Puffs, Sweet Cinnamon Churros with Dolce de Leche Dip

Refresh recipes for past themes:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
Bacon, Linguini and Tomato Toss
(both also in the SBRC)

Theme show support materials (display card and training pages for theme show binder) will be downloadable on CC. There will also be invitations and emails for the theme on Customer Connection (PWS).

Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa4 oz Chihuahua or Monterey Jack cheese
3 6-inch flour tortillas
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 medium firm, ripe nectarine
1/4 cup roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
1 serrano pepper, seeded
1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime
1/4 tsp salt
optional: additional finely chopped fresh cilantroPreheat oven to 400˚. Cut cheese into 24 1/2-inch cubes using Utility Knife. Brush both sides of tortillas with oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Stack tortillas and cut into 8 wedges using pizza cutter for a total of 24 wedges. Press tortillas into cups of Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan using Mini Tart Shaper. Place 1 cheese cube into each cup. Bake 5-7 minutes or until edges of tortillas begin to brown and cheese is melted.Meanwhile, for salsa, dice nectarine and roasted pepper using Utility Knife. Finely chop serrano pepper, onion and cilantro using Food Chopper. Juice lime to measure 1 tbsp juice. Combine nectarine, peppers, onion, cilantro, juice and salt in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper.Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Cool cups in pan 2-3 minutes. Carefully remove cups from pan to serving platter. Divide salsa evenly among cups. Sprinkle with additional finely chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.Yes, this is a Starter Kit recipe!! Use the whisk as a reamer to juice the lime, and there all the products are kit items. :)

Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake1 medium green bell pepper
6 green onions with tops, divided
1 lb 90% lean ground beef
1 can (16 oz) chili beans in sauce, undrained
1 cup chunky salsa
2 tbsp Chipotle rub
1 pkg (8.5 oz) corn muffin mix
1 container (8 oz) sour cream
1 egg
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 plum tomato, seeded and diced (optional)Coarsely chop bell pepper using Food Chopper. Thinly slice green onions using Color Coated Chef's Knife, separating white and light green bottoms from tops. Reserve 1 Tbsp of the onion tops for garnish. Place remaining tops into Classic Batter Bowl.In Deep Covered Baker, combine bell pepper, onion bottoms and beef; mix well. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7-9 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles halfway through using Mix 'N Chop. Remove baker from microwave using Oven Mitts; carefully pour off juices. Add beans, salsa and rub to beef mixture; mix well. Cover; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until hot.Meanwhile, combine muffin mix, sour cream and egg in batter bowl; mix well. Scop muffin mixture evenly over chili using Medium Scoop; spread evenly to edges of baker using Small Spreader. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7-9 minutes or until center of cornbread springs back when lightly pressed. Sprinkle cheese over cornbread, if desired; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with reserved onion tops and tomato, if desired.

I may have to go by the grocery store on the way home to get the ingredients for the bake...

Yummy the Mango Margaritas sound pretty good. Thanks for posting.

chefann said:
Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake

1 medium green bell pepper
1 cup chunky salsa
2 tbsp Chipotle rub
1 egg
1 plum tomato, seeded and diced (optional)

Coarsely chop bell pepper using Food Chopper. Thinly slice green onions using Color Coated Chef's Knife, separating white and light green bottoms from tops. Reserve 1 Tbsp of the onion tops for garnish. Place remaining tops into Classic Batter Bowl.

In Deep Covered Baker, combine bell pepper, onion bottoms and beef; mix well. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7-9 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles halfway through using Mix 'N Chop. Remove baker from microwave using Oven Mitts; carefully pour off juices. Add beans, salsa and rub to beef mixture; mix well. Cover; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until hot.

Meanwhile, combine muffin mix, sour cream and egg in batter bowl; mix well. Scop muffin mixture evenly over chili using Medium Scoop; spread evenly to edges of baker using Small Spreader. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7-9 minutes or until center of cornbread springs back when lightly pressed. Sprinkle cheese over cornbread, if desired; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with reserved onion tops and tomato, if desired.

I chuckled to myself during the video demo of this recipe, when they said that if you don't like it as spicy to use mild salsa and chili beans---whereas I would just cut the Chipotle rub in 1/2 and just use 1 Tbsp! :D

Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches Trifle1 lb fresh strawberries, divided
3 pkg (3 oz each) soft ladyfingers
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk, divided
1 can (14 oz) unsweetened coconut milk, divided
1 container (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 pkg (3.3 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 tsp Korintje cinnamonSet aside 1 strawberry for garnish. Hull remaining strawberries using Core & More; slice with Egg Slicer Plus. Cut ladyfingers into 1-inch pieces using Chef's Knife; set aside.Whisk together 1/2 cup of the condensed milk, 2/3 cup of the coconut milk and sour cream in large Colander Bowl. Add ladyfingers and toss gently using Mix 'N Scraper.Attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator. Fill with 1 cup of the whipped topping. Combine pudding mix and remaining coconut milk in Stainless (4 qt) Mixing Bowl; whisk until thickened. Add remaining condensed milk and cinnamon; whisk until incorporated. Fold in remaining whipped topping.To assemble, place half of the ladyfinger mixture into Trifle Bowl; top with half of the strawberries. Spread half of the pudding mixture over strawberries. Repeat layers one time. Pipe whipped topping over top; garnish with strawberry fan.

babywings76 said:
I chuckled to myself during the video demo of this recipe, when they said that if you don't like it as spicy to use mild salsa and chili beans---whereas I would just cut the Chipotle rub in 1/2 and just use 1 Tbsp! :D

Me, too! And for real wimps, also use the mild chili beans. :)

Thanks Ann that's the one I was waiting for ;)

Oh, yeah - the recipes have demo videos that will be on the season DVD, which is usually in one's first supply order of the season.

littlemaisyPC said:
Thanks Ann that's the one I was waiting for ;)

You're welcome.

That's all I'm typing up. All the rest are in the SBRC, which will be in changeover boxes.

I am so glad they mention you can use Monterey Jack cheese in place of Chihuahua cheese LOL I have searched and searched and can not find that cheese anywhere around here LOL

Thanks so much Ann for typing out those recipes... they look really, really yummy... I'm looking forward to trying them out.
And that trifle - wow... now I just need a trifle bowl!! I'm waiting for kit enhancement in April to use up my PC dollars...

chefann said:
Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake

1 medium green bell pepper
1 cup chunky salsa
2 tbsp Chipotle rub
1 egg
1 plum tomato, seeded and diced (optional)

Coarsely chop bell pepper using Food Chopper. Thinly slice green onions using Color Coated Chef's Knife, separating white and light green bottoms from tops. Reserve 1 Tbsp of the onion tops for garnish. Place remaining tops into Classic Batter Bowl.

In Deep Covered Baker, combine bell pepper, onion bottoms and beef; mix well. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7-9 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles halfway through using Mix 'N Chop. Remove baker from microwave using Oven Mitts; carefully pour off juices. Add beans, salsa and rub to beef mixture; mix well. Cover; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until hot.

Meanwhile, combine muffin mix, sour cream and egg in batter bowl; mix well. Scop muffin mixture evenly over chili using Medium Scoop; spread evenly to edges of baker using Small Spreader. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7-9 minutes or until center of cornbread springs back when lightly pressed. Sprinkle cheese over cornbread, if desired; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with reserved onion tops and tomato, if desired.

I made this last night. It was pretty good and very easy. I will need to make some adjustments to the cornbread topping. My fam likes a sweet cornbread. .

I think I will add whole kernal corn in the meat mixture next time and mix the cornbread according to the directions on the box since I sometimes add sour cream to it anyway.

The tacos on the front of the recipe guide look so good. Can't wait to test them!

Going to try some new recipes tomorrow! Cannot wait!

The tacos look so good, but jicama can be really hard to find. Any ideas on substitutions to get the same crunch factor that you would get from the jicama?

We were all discussing the jicama. Our team meeting was today.

We had the Caramel coffee drink, the chocolate peanut butter crunch bars, artichoke & bacon bites and the Chili Cornbread.

Overall, they had good reviews. I liked the drink & don't care for coffee. The bacon bites didn't seem to have a wow factor like I thought that they would. The cornbread was GREAT. :D One of my team members made it last night. She followed the recipe exactly and was able to provide some input. She thought that the meat mixture was a bit thick as prepared. Today, we used homemade salsa instead of T&C & thought that using a thinner salsa made it taste better. We used Southwest seasoning too & it had a great flavor.

I just picked up the rest of the ingredients for the bake at the store going to make it for DH as his super bowl dinner. I didn't find any "chili beans" though, so I just got small kidney beans. Would this be a regional food?

I also got the ingredients for the linguine-bacon-tomato, but going to use chicken instead of bacon because we are gf and the bacon is a little to sketchy for me.

robochick84 said:
I just picked up the rest of the ingredients for the bake at the store going to make it for DH as his super bowl dinner. I didn't find any "chili beans" though, so I just got small kidney beans. Would this be a regional food?

I also got the ingredients for the linguine-bacon-tomato, but going to use chicken instead of bacon because we are gf and the bacon is a little to sketchy for me.

Chili beans shouldn't be regional. The grocery store that I use has them with the kidney beans & other beans. I'm not sure the kidney beans will works as well b/c they don't have the chili sauce with them.

crystalscookingnow said:
Chili beans shouldn't be regional. The grocery store that I use has them with the kidney beans & other beans. I'm not sure the kidney beans will works as well b/c they don't have the chili sauce with them.

The two stores I went to here have a lot of "chili" where you buy it pre-made in the cans with meat, tomatoes, etc. But no cans of chili beans. I only looked with the kidney bean section.

Is there usually a can of just "chilli beans" with other "chilli" pre-made products?

I bought Brooks & it was called Chili Beans with Sauce, Mild. They aren't with the regular pre-canned chili stuff. More with the veggies & plain beans.

Chili Beans and Chili with Beans are different. Around here we have them in a blue can, don't remember the brand. Chili with Beans is more like the stuff you put on chili dogs.

PamperedChefLayla said:
I made this last night. It was pretty good and very easy. I will need to make some adjustments to the cornbread topping. My fam likes a sweet cornbread. .

I think I will add whole kernal corn in the meat mixture next time and mix the cornbread according to the directions on the box since I sometimes add sour cream to it anyway.

There's a corn casserole recipe in All The Best that my family has made a variation of for years (from another source). Basically, use the sour cream and egg in the muffin mix and then add a can of creamed corn. YUM! I think that would be a good variant for this recipe.

Bush's makes some:

http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0000394009169_LG.jpg

While Googling for images, I noticed the image popped up from the Sam's Club, Meijer and Wal-Mart sites. The Wal-Mart one at least had a zip search function.

robochick84 said:
The two stores I went to here have a lot of "chili" where you buy it pre-made in the cans with meat, tomatoes, etc. But no cans of chili beans. I only looked with the kidney bean section.

Is there usually a can of just "chilli beans" with other "chilli" pre-made products?

A lot of stores have them, but occasionally I have a hard time finding them. They should be on the shelves right near the kidney beans and pinto beans. If I remember right, chili beans are pinto beans in a sauce. You could probably use pinto beans with a little tomato sauce and add taco seasoning, or chili powder and garlic powder to it.

Can't wait to start making Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake at my March shows! :) We can't reveal any of the recipes, products or catalogs until then, right???

I am going to an "International" market that we have to find the Chihuahua cheese - didn't have it at Safeway. Although I did read that it might be called Queso Menonita. For the Jicama, check with the produce person at your local store. We always have it, but it could be a West Coast thing ... those tacos look yummy, but I think I'll make my own taco shells - I don't like those store bought hard shells. :(
Love this new theme!

Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches Trifle

Memo to HO .. can you please learn to PRONOUNCE a name of a recipie before you bring it out there? I will SCREAM if I hear another person pronounce Tres with an s again!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Memo to HO .. can you please learn to PRONOUNCE a name of a recipie before you bring it out there? I will SCREAM if I hear another person pronounce Tres with an s again!

It's spanish. You do pronounce tres with an -s. In French you don't.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Um, it is pronounced with an S. You've never heard of Tres Leches cake? It means three milks.

I was at the store today and it's Mrs. Grimm's around here.
http://www.snappysdelivers.com/images/thumbnail.asp?img=images/1436803.jpg&height=120

cookingwithdot said:
Can't wait to start making Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake at my March shows! :) We can't reveal any of the recipes, products or catalogs until then, right???

I am going to an "International" market that we have to find the Chihuahua cheese - didn't have it at Safeway. Although I did read that it might be called Queso Menonita. For the Jicama, check with the produce person at your local store. We always have it, but it could be a West Coast thing ... those tacos look yummy, but I think I'll make my own taco shells - I don't like those store bought hard shells. :(
Love this new theme!
I found the cheese at Walmart. But it's not with the regular cheese it's in a different section over by the sour cream and cream cheese. They have a mexican specialty section there.

I think the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake should be re-named Consultant's SuperBowl Chili! :)

My family likes Johnny Cake (Sweet Corn bread) with sour cream in ours as well, you'll have to let me know what adjustments you make to the recipe. Did your family not care for the recipe as is then????

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Ss 2010 Theme - Mexican in Minutes 3 recipe cards available?

1. What are the three recipe cards available for the Mexican in Minutes theme?
The three recipe cards available are Quesadilla Cups with Nectarine Salsa, Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake, and Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches Trifle.

2. Is there a main dish recipe included in the theme?
Yes, there is an additional main dish recipe for Cool and Crunchy Chicken Tacos, but it does not have its own recipe card. It can be found in the new SBRC.

3. Are there any beverage recipes that go well with the Mexican in Minutes theme?
Yes, there are two supporting beverage recipes included in the SBRC: Mango Margaritas and Cool Caramel Cafe con Leche.

4. Are there any other recipes in the SBRC that can be used to fit the Mexican in Minutes theme?
Yes, there are several other recipes in the SBRC that would fit the theme, such as Artichoke Bacon Bites, Raspberry Habanero Goat Cheese Puffs, and Sweet Cinnamon Churros with Dolce de Leche Dip.

5. Are there any past favorite recipes that have been refreshed for this theme?
Yes, the Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars and Bacon, Linguini and Tomato Toss recipes have been refreshed and included in the SBRC.

What support materials are available for the Mexican in Minutes theme show?

The theme show support materials, including a display card and training pages for the theme show binder, will be downloadable on CC (Customer Connection). There will also be invitations and emails for the theme available on the PWS (Personal Website).

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • chefamanda
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
stephaniekocala
Back