• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience Spring's Beauty: Blooming Flowers at Our House

In summary, the conversation is about the beautiful flowers and landscape at the speaker's house, which is maintained by her husband. The husband has planted a variety of flowers and trees, and has also built a bell using recycled materials. The speaker and her family have been living in their house for 16 years and have made significant improvements to the property. The conversation also touches on the strange weather patterns, with unexpected snowfall in May, and the challenges of gardening in Canada.
raebates
Staff member
A few warm days and a lot of rain equals lots of flowers at our house.The view from our porch.
AcornBirdHouse.jpg
The front of our house.
FrontoftheHouse.jpg
The bell.
TheBell.jpg

Last edited:
Those are beautiful pictures. Most of my stuff won't bloom until next month.

The Furry Guy has planted plenty of stuff that blooms perennially from spring through late fall. Our property is an ever-changing kaleidoscope of color. He's also planted over 250 trees. (We have just over 2 acres of rolling hills.) He doesn't have to do a lot to it now except trim things here and there and thin things out occasionally. The man's amazing.

Breathtaking!

I adore Spring.:love:

Wow!! You have a beautiful yard! We woke up friday (May 15th) morning to over a foot of snow. School buses didn't run, we had huge broken branches all down our driveway and we had tree branches on fire from sagging down and touching power lines!

Attachments

• may snow.jpg
    may snow.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 335
We had plenty of that in December and January. Of course, you live in Canada. You've got to expect stuff like that. LOL!

I love the sideyard...that takes years to develop like that

We've lived here 16 years on Labor Day weekend. The Furry guy started work on the property that first fall. The hill with the stone is quite a story. The Furry Guy used carpet that he salvaged from a house as landscape fabric. It doesn't tear and it really keeps down the weeds. For over a year the carpet was the only thing on the hill. People would stop and stare. We developed quite a reputation as weirdos. (Sometimes reputations are true. LOL!) Tons (literally) of field stone cover the hill. Our son spent one spring break helping The Furry Guy with the stone. They moved 8 tons of stone twice--once into the truck; once onto the hillside. The Furry guy moved it a third time placing it. He said it was like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. He picks out the stones individually. He had a load of stone delivered once, but it had a lot of junk rock he couldn't use. He's picky.The bell is one he made. We saw something similar at a Natural Wonders store. He got an empty tank and the rebar at the salvage yard. They had cut the bottom off for safety. He used a grinder to remove the paint, then left it out in the rain for a few days. The knocker is a window weight. The loop is a part he had lying around. It's really loud and has a wonderful tone. People tend to stand and ring it over and over.

raebates said:
We had plenty of that in December and January. Of course, you live in Canada. You've got to expect stuff like that. LOL!

Not in May!!!!!!!!!!!

The weather has been very strange here. It snowed in the mountains today, but it was so nice on Saturday I got a sun burn:rolleyes:

I say you lives in Canada; you takes your chances. ;)

lisaw said:
Wow!! You have a beautiful yard! We woke up friday (May 15th) morning to over a foot of snow. School buses didn't run, we had huge broken branches all down our driveway and we had tree branches on fire from sagging down and touching power lines!

Everyone's poor gardens!!!!!:grumpy:

raebates said:
I say you lives in Canada; you takes your chances. ;)

I kick ankles too Rae:D:p:D

Yeah, but the cold slows you down. LOL!

raebates said:
We've lived here 16 years on Labor Day weekend. The Furry guy started work on the property that first fall.

The hill with the stone is quite a story. The Furry Guy used carpet that he salvaged from a house as landscape fabric. It doesn't tear and it really keeps down the weeds. For over a year the carpet was the only thing on the hill. People would stop and stare. We developed quite a reputation as weirdos. (Sometimes reputations are true. LOL!)

Tons (literally) of field stone cover the hill. Our son spent one spring break helping The Furry Guy with the stone. They moved 8 tons of stone twice--once into the truck; once onto the hillside. The Furry guy moved it a third time placing it. He said it was like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. He picks out the stones individually. He had a load of stone delivered once, but it had a lot of junk rock he couldn't use. He's picky.

The bell is one he made. We saw something similar at a Natural Wonders store. He got an empty tank and the rebar at the salvage yard. They had cut the bottom off for safety. He used a grinder to remove the paint, then left it out in the rain for a few days. The knocker is a window weight. The loop is a part he had lying around. It's really loud and has a wonderful tone. People tend to stand and ring it over and over.

Not to over simplify, but it's that care and customization that make it a home instead of a house...

We just moved into our home almost a year ago now and I was pregnant and miserable. It's only now that I've started doing some planting and fully expect to for years to come. The art of overplanting, complementary colors and heights and maturing years can be overwhelming if you think about it too much. This year I'm going to take it easy and just do some probably unimaginative lillies and my favorite: peonies. An actual "plan" will take some time....

BTW, that's a monkey bars in the background behind the bell. The Furry Guy bought it at a school auction for $5 (I think). His uncle's church was building a playground. The Furry Guy's reasoning was that if his uncle didn't want it he could use it as a trellis. He has a flowering vine of some kind started on it. He has a swing that he's going to clean and then hang from the monkey bars. One day in the future I'll be able to sit under the flowers and cuddle with him on the swing.

Michelle, The Furry Guy's always planning and thinking. I'm sure that what we have now isn't exactly what he pictured 16 years ago when he started. He's very knowledgeable about plants of all sorts. I've got a black thumb. Plants I touch die. He has made our home quite a showplace. Kind of. The angles I used taking the pictures obscured the (now smaller) piles of materials and such that he has stashed in various places around the property. I tell people they're lawn art in homage to white trash.

Beautiful Rae! 4 days ago I woke up to snow here too so spring is slow coming. I have pictures from last year on May 24th with plants already coming up. This year they are still in boxes in the house...

1. What is "Experience Spring's Beauty: Blooming Flowers at Our House"?

"Experience Spring's Beauty: Blooming Flowers at Our House" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef to showcase our spring-themed products and recipes. It is a fun and interactive way to learn about our products and how to use them in your cooking and entertaining.

2. When and where is the event taking place?

The event will take place on Saturday, April 10th at our Pampered Chef headquarters in Addison, Illinois. The address is 1 Pampered Chef Lane, Addison, IL 60101.

3. Is there a cost to attend the event?

Yes, there is a $10 registration fee to attend the event. This fee includes a complimentary gift, access to exclusive discounts, and the opportunity to win prizes throughout the day.

4. Will there be any special guests or demonstrations at the event?

Yes, we will have a special guest chef who will be demonstrating how to use our spring-themed products to create delicious recipes. We will also have product experts available to answer any questions and provide tips and tricks for using our products.

5. How do I register for the event?

You can register for the event by visiting our website, www.pamperedchef.com/events and searching for "Experience Spring's Beauty" in the event search bar. From there, you can select the event and complete the registration process. Spaces are limited, so we recommend registering early to secure your spot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
Replies
Views
flemings99