• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sports Illustrated - Sept 10, 07

In summary, the conversation suggests using websites like eBay and Half.com to find affordable copies of magazines and books. It is also recommended to contact the magazine directly for back issues. Another good site for books is Alibris.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
Does anyone have this copy of SI that they would be willing to part with? It is the one that has App State beating Michigan as the cover story.

I would love to get one for my son who is a freshman at App State and a huge football fan - but we don't subscribe to the mag and I didn't know about the issue until reading about it on CS. lol

If you don't have any luck here, try calling SI. A lot of times they have back issues to sell. Good luck!

RebelChef said:
If you don't have any luck here, try calling SI. A lot of times they have back issues to sell. Good luck!
Thanks for the tip!

Found one on the dreaded ebay.

FYI: If you ever need books or movies or games - half.com has great prices. It is a offshoot of ebay but it is not set up as a bidding forum.

I could have gotten a reprint of the cover I wanted for $20 from SI and didn't see a way to get the magazine from them, on line anyway. My son will love getting this but I'm not sure he'd really want the reprint - can always order it later if he wants it...

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, Beth. Someone in my moms group just posted a question on finding German-written books, so I was able to give her the site. She appreciates it, too!

dianevill said:
Thanks for the tip, Beth. Someone in my moms group just posted a question on finding German-written books, so I was able to give her the site. She appreciates it, too!
Glad to help!

I LOVE HALF.COM. They have textbooks, books, video games, cd's. Its awesome. Very loyal user.

Kodeysmom said:
I LOVE HALF.COM. They have textbooks, books, video games, cd's. Its awesome. Very loyal user.
Another great site for books is Alibris ( http://www.alibris.com ) they have great buys on new and used books too!

Related to Sports Illustrated - Sept 10, 07

1. What is the significance of the "Sports Illustrated - Sept 10, 07" issue?

The September 10, 2007 issue of Sports Illustrated featured Brett Favre, the legendary quarterback for the Green Bay Packers, on the cover. This issue was highly anticipated as it marked Favre's record-breaking 253rd consecutive start in the NFL, breaking the previous record held by Jim Marshall.

2. What other notable stories were featured in this issue?

In addition to the cover story on Brett Favre, the September 10, 2007 issue of Sports Illustrated also included articles on the US Open tennis tournament, the upcoming baseball playoffs, and a piece on the new head coach of the New England Patriots, Bill Belichick.

3. Was there any controversy surrounding this issue of Sports Illustrated?

Yes, there was some controversy surrounding the cover of this issue. Many fans and critics felt that Brett Favre, who was known for his tough and gritty style of play, looked too clean and polished on the cover, leading to accusations of airbrushing.

4. Is this issue considered a collectible item?

Yes, the "Sports Illustrated - Sept 10, 07" issue is considered a collectible item for sports fans and avid collectors. It is especially sought after by fans of Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers, as well as those interested in significant moments in sports history.

5. Can I still purchase this issue of Sports Illustrated?

While this issue is no longer available on newsstands, it may still be possible to purchase a copy through online retailers or auction sites. However, the price for this collectible issue may be higher than its original cover price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rebeccastt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
  • chefamanda
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
stephaniekocala
Replies