• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Splatter Screen - Is It Something I Done Wrong?

In summary, some people have had problems with the quality of the splatter screen, including grease flying up through the handle, moisture getting on top, and spots of grease on their clothes. Others have not had any problems.
Rhonda-Roo
I was so excited about the splatter screen. The quality is awesome, of course. However, I used it the other night while I was frying chicken liver in a cast iron skillet. I had grease splatter up to my face with the screen closed! AND, it happened more than once. I also had several spots of grease on my shirt.
I did notice a lot of moisture on top of the splatter screen so I'm guessing it was the moisture dripping back into the pan to make such a mess. I used to have a cheap splatter screen that seemed to work better than this one. :thumbdown: Has anyone else had this happen? I will use it again when I fry something else to see if there is any difference. I was totally surprised (& disappointed) that I got popped with grease so much using this splatter screen.:confused:

Last edited:
I've never had that problem. Did you make sure the handle of the pan was turned away from you? I could see oil flying up through the notch if it didn't fit snugly.

I've never had that problem either. The stove stays pretty clean when I use it, splatter only coming out when I have it open to turn the food.

I've not had the problem either. As long as it covers all of the pan, I'm good.

Same thing happened to me! It really looks like it's great quality, feels hefty, but I got splattered, too. Those cheap ones that look like window screens work better.

I haven't had that issue with mine. So far so good.

The lid covered the entire pan. I will give it another try when I fry something else.

Just finished using mine and thought of this thread. I'm wondering if perhaps you've put the splatter screen on upside down? It appeared to me that it wouldn't fit properly and would leave openings if on that way. Just a thought.

1. What is a splatter screen and how does it work?

A splatter screen is a kitchen tool used to prevent hot oil or liquid splatters while cooking. It is typically made of a fine mesh material that allows steam to escape while keeping the splatters contained.

2. Do I need to use a splatter screen for every type of cooking?

No, splatter screens are most commonly used for frying or sautéing with hot oil or liquids. They may not be necessary for other cooking methods such as boiling or simmering.

3. How do I clean and care for my splatter screen?

Splatter screens can be washed with warm, soapy water and dried with a cloth or paper towel. Some screens are dishwasher safe, but it is best to check the manufacturer's instructions. Make sure to store the screen in a dry place to prevent rusting.

4. Can I use a splatter screen in the oven?

It is not recommended to use a splatter screen in the oven as they are typically not designed to withstand high temperatures. It is best to use them on the stovetop only.

5. Will a splatter screen fit all sizes of pots and pans?

Most splatter screens are adjustable and can fit a variety of pot and pan sizes. However, it is important to check the measurements of the screen before purchasing to ensure it will fit your specific cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
shelliebeard
  • GeorgiaPeach
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Flamingo
Replies
Views
esavvymom