• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spending a Fortune on Ink Cartridges?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of printing flyers and other materials in color at home, and the cost of ink cartridges. Some participants shared their strategies for reducing ink usage, such as using the lowest quality setting, printing in black and white, and emailing materials to hosts. Others suggested using colored paper to make their materials stand out. The discussion also touched on the difference between ink and toner in printers, as well as the potential consequences of printing during work hours. Overall, the conversation provided various tips and ideas for minimizing the cost and usage of ink when printing marketing materials for the business.
Just curious - do you all print all these wonderful flyers and OOFs in color at home? I'm spending a fortune on print cartridges!!!!:eek:

I haven't spent too much... I use the lowest quality setting and print most in black and white. I print the OOF that has the gues special, so now I don't print up the GS flyer. That has saved me some ink.

I print one each month of the guest/host special and have it in a sleeve in a binder to show everyone.

I have an HP R60 and I've printed A TON of stuff on one cartridge...

Other things, I try to do B/W on a laser...(reminder to self...stop printing invoices with my inkjet and get my old laser hooked back up...)

I use a laser printer as well, those cartridges last quite a long time and mine are about $80 to buy...Probably use one a year.

I print all of my OOF's (that's what I use for order forms even at shows), print off host/guest specials to give to each host, and then PP receipts for everyone.

Yes, I have gone through a TON of Ink. I may have to invest in a Laser Printer soon.

I've started emailing the OOF and specials to the host. I've used a lot less ink that way and they can print as many as they like.

I print mine. I don't feel like I use oodles of ink, but I do use the "draft" quality.

I print mine in black and white on my laser printer. If I want them to be noticeable, I use colored paper. That also helps me identify which month the page is for if I have several months in a folder (like to add to generic host packs): pale blue is April, pink is May, bright yellow is June, etc.

I have used the draft quality and it has helped me out on the ink cartridges some, but then again.....I'm just coming off three fundraisers and had to print ALOT of OOF's & Letters.

I've decided to try out Ann's idea about colored paper. As a matter of fact, I bought a pack of pastel paper at Wal-Mart Last night. :D

Most office supply stores carry packs that are a full ream (500 sheets), but 5 different colors (100 each). Those are nice because if paper sits too long, it can dry out or absorb humidity from the air, either of which will affect how well it runs through your printer. And with 5 colors in 500 sheets, you don't end up with partial packs of paper sitting around.

I didn't realize that a laser printer uses less ink. Makes sense, I guess. I'll have to look into it.

A laser printer doesn't technically use any ink. It uses toner, which are little particles of color that are attracted to the page magnetically/statically and then fused with heat.

Color laser printers have really come down in price, but the cartridges for them are really high. We got a color laser for Christmas, and we're dreading having to replace the cartridges (they run about $100 each).

That said, the toner cartridge for my B/W laser runs about $80 and I can go all year before I need to replace it.

Have a bound book that I pass around at shows that I put in the monthly host and guest specials I get from HO in the consultant news in protective sheet covers. I also put in there benefits of hosting, my theme parties and things about the business. I find passing this around really helps with my bookings and lets hosts see what's coming up.In host packets themselves I print the host/guest special on draft on my printer along with OOF. Most of the time however I print them out at work and use the copier. I don't pay for copies that way.

sailortena said:
Ha
In host packets themselves I print the host/guest special on draft on my printer along with OOF. Most of the time however I print them out at work and use the copier. I don't pay for copies that way.

:eek: OMG. I would be canned if I got caught doing that. I admit, I print something out occassionally, but usually just one or two sheets of something. I know they fired a lady from my job years ago for doing something like this.

It's bad enough that I'm on here during office hours, but I can get away with this easier! :p

hoosierchef said:
:eek: OMG. I would be canned if I got caught doing that. I admit, I print something out occassionally, but usually just one or two sheets of something. I know they fired a lady from my job years ago for doing something like this.

It's bad enough that I'm on here during office hours, but I can get away with this easier! :p

I work in a large newsroom with more than 150 other people in it. There are at least 500 people in our building. We have reams and reams of paper stacked all over the place. A few copies here and there, no one notices or cares. :D

My hubby got a really nice Cannon that uses ink tanks - Goes a long way . ALthough I need to print 1000 flyers for a half-marathon and I don't want to kill my printer . Not sure where to get them printed.

check Ebay for your ink and printer supplies. 1 cartridge would cost me about $25 at Walmart or Office Max, on Ebay I can get about 24 cartridges. I have an Epson all in one that takes 4 different cartridges. this way it doesn't bother me so much when I go thru alot of ink. HTH

Kathytnt said:
My hubby got a really nice Cannon that uses ink tanks - Goes a long way . ALthough I need to print 1000 flyers for a half-marathon and I don't want to kill my printer . Not sure where to get them printed.
Kathy,

Take them to OfficeMax or Office Depot, and use your PC discount. They'll be pretty reasonable, especially if they're black and white. If you want them to have more impact, have them copied onto colored paper. And buy 2 reams of it and tell the person at the counter that you want them copied onto it (or load it into the self-serve copiers yourself) - it'll be cheaper than paying the colored paper upgrade charge.

I am lucky. I can copy mine for FREE at work. They are in black and white, but that is good enough for me when they are FREE.:D

I use something called Inksmile.com that has generic ink that costs so much less than what I would normally pay and it honestly works just as well. The cool thing too is that I get a referral bonus right now and then if you start to use it and you tell other people about it you can get a referral bonus and save money on the ink you buy from them too! It's actually pretty cool. Let me know if anyone is interested in giving it a try and if you want to use my referral number (39440) that would be great, but if not, I'd say try it out anyway!!

Have a great May!!! One of the best months to be a consultant w/ PC :)

I print one in color for my binder and as an original for copies. I take colored paper to Ofc Depot where we get 3c b&w copies if you link your CC online from consultant's corner to OfcD. Saves on ink!

Ditto on OOF. Print one then make copies.

I just use color for flyers, but I don't print a ton of those. my order forms are b&w, since starting in nov I am on my 2 or 3 black cartridge. still on first color.

chefann said:
I print mine in black and white on my laser printer. If I want them to be noticeable, I use colored paper. That also helps me identify which month the page is for if I have several months in a folder (like to add to generic host packs): pale blue is April, pink is May, bright yellow is June, etc.

That's what I do. . .the color coding is very helpful for me.

button92 said:
check Ebay for your ink and printer supplies. 1 cartridge would cost me about $25 at Walmart or Office Max, on Ebay I can get about 24 cartridges. I have an Epson all in one that takes 4 different cartridges. this way it doesn't bother me so much when I go thru alot of ink. HTH

Great idea! never thought of that!!

Schel

chefann said:
Kathy,

Take them to OfficeMax or Office Depot, and use your PC discount. They'll be pretty reasonable, especially if they're black and white. If you want them to have more impact, have them copied onto colored paper. And buy 2 reams of it and tell the person at the counter that you want them copied onto it (or load it into the self-serve copiers yourself) - it'll be cheaper than paying the colored paper upgrade charge.

How much are the "do it yourself" copiers there?

Schel

with the Office Max corporate card, I saved $20 off a 3 cartridge of ink. I thought that was an awsome deal.
Jeanette
3 recruits, 2 to do to Director!

I go through a lot of ink- go to office depot and get them to refill rather than buying new. After 3 refills have the cartidges recycled and they give you$3 off your next order

Ink is expensive!! My boyfriend found this site - which is where I order my ink for my inkjet printer. http://www.razzleink.com/

1. How can I save money on ink cartridges for my Pampered Chef printer?

There are a few ways to save money on ink cartridges for your Pampered Chef printer. First, consider purchasing remanufactured or compatible cartridges instead of brand-name ones. These are often much cheaper and can still provide high-quality printing. Additionally, make sure to only print what is necessary and use the draft or grayscale printing options when possible to conserve ink. Finally, consider joining a rewards program or purchasing in bulk to receive discounts on your ink cartridge purchases.

2. Are there any alternatives to using ink cartridges for my Pampered Chef printer?

Yes, there are a few alternatives to using traditional ink cartridges for your Pampered Chef printer. One option is to use refillable ink cartridges, which can be refilled with ink when they run out. Another alternative is to use a continuous ink supply system, which uses larger ink tanks that can be refilled instead of individual cartridges. Finally, some printers also offer the option to use toner instead of ink cartridges, which can be more cost-effective for high-volume printing.

3. How often should I replace my ink cartridges for my Pampered Chef printer?

The frequency of ink cartridge replacement depends on how often you use your printer and how much you print. Generally, you will need to replace the cartridges when they are running low on ink or when the print quality begins to decline. It is important to regularly check the ink levels and replace the cartridges as needed to avoid running out of ink during important printing tasks.

4. Can I recycle my used ink cartridges from my Pampered Chef printer?

Yes, you can recycle your used ink cartridges from your Pampered Chef printer. Many office supply stores and electronics retailers offer recycling programs for ink cartridges. You can also check with your local recycling center to see if they accept ink cartridges. Additionally, some manufacturers offer their own recycling programs and may even offer rewards or discounts for returning used cartridges.

5. How do I know which ink cartridges are compatible with my Pampered Chef printer?

To determine which ink cartridges are compatible with your Pampered Chef printer, the best place to start is by checking the printer's manual or specifications. This will list the specific cartridge numbers or types that are compatible with your printer model. You can also check the packaging or labels on your current ink cartridges for this information. If you are still unsure, you can contact the manufacturer or a customer service representative for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Pampered Laura
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies