• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soWho Else Occupies Your Home????

In summary, Flower is a chicken that lives with Asher and Janet. Flower is a chicken that was in a picture that won a $25.00 GC to the retail store at my work.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
Training CDsI just took my semi-annual road trip from Boise, ID to Ft. Collins, CO to see family, do shows and go to New York...okay, the New York thing isn't semi-annual, but the rest is. Anyhoo, I took my whole CD library so I could listen while I was driving. I heard so many amazing tips that I would like to share some of them every week with my team and, of course, I will be posting that email here. It will be my Tuesday Tips email - Monday usually comes too fast to do a Monday Morning Motivation email to my team. Just wanted to get feedback on how many tips I should use, should I theme them, should I make them specific to the month/season or just something that my team needs to work on, etc. Also, my team is really in need of a boost. I do have 5 active, but only two submitted the last month and another two the month before. I need to get them to do SOMETHING each month.

Whew:bugeye:...that was more of a brain dump than a question or discussion....but let's discuss amongst ourselves!

How about a tip in each of the 4 main phases of business (cooking, host coaching, recruiting and customer care) maybe linking them with a theme.

At first I was going to say 1 tip per week but I know those CD's are packed with tips too good to wait to share. Too many at once get lost though.

Beth - I love it!

I'm also adding bookings.

cmdtrgd said:
I'm also adding bookings.

lol - In my post "cooking" was supposed to be "booking". :blushing:

I took it as cooking show.

Here are our "other occupants"...

Maverick - age 6 - Samoyed/Border Collie - adopted at 8 wks. from the shelter
IM000340.jpg

Sinjin - age 6 - Samoyed/Border Collie - adopted at 8 wks. from the shelter
IM000341.jpg

Asher - age 13 - DSH - adopted at age 11
Outforastroll.jpg

That is Flower the Chicken on Asher's back which since the picture had an awful fate with her parents to a fox in the area.

Janet- that chicken & cat pic is fantastic !!!! i bet you could win a few contests with that!!
i don't have any pictures downloaded in this computer but we also live with 1 dog, Jade 7 year old red nose pitbull, adopted from shelter. 2 long haired domestic cats Max & Cindy Lou Who who were born to a neighborhood stray 7 years ago. and 2 fish- Mink & ......???? not sure if he has a name !!! lol

reba515 said:
Janet- that chicken & cat pic is fantastic !!!! i bet you could win a few contests with that!!
i don't have any pictures downloaded in this computer but we also live with 1 dog, Jade 7 year old red nose pitbull, adopted from shelter. 2 long haired domestic cats Max & Cindy Lou Who who were born to a neighborhood stray 7 years ago. and 2 fish- Mink & ......???? not sure if he has a name !!! lol

Oh yeah, we have 3 koi and 3 goldfish - biggest koi is 17" YIKES!

On the picture, it was a cute moment! It did win a $25.00 GC to the retail store at my work (I work for a pet supply company)...I entered it in another pet photo contest and they sent the stuff that says, "You may have one or have a good chance, but travel to XXX city and pay for a banquet dinner to find out...or purchase the album of pictures...

...not willing to do that!

Here is my roommate/lawyer mason in his office working hard! :)

mase.gif

Admin Greg said:
Here is my roommate/lawyer mason in his office working hard! :)

mase.gif

He looks ready to pounce! Can I borrow him?...mice are suddenly sneaking into our house lately! I've caught 4 in traps in my kitchen in the last 24 hours! :yuck::cry:

Asher is 13 and not up to mouse hunting!

Let's see...there is Heath - age 17, Hayley - age 14, Hunter - age 12, my husband Doug along with 2 Shi Tzuhs...Sampson and Delilah. These are all living in the house with me, but we also have 2 hound dogs...Buddy and Blue, 9 or 10 horses, way too many cattle to count, and one cat...socks...who lives at the barn.

We have a dog who is a Black Lab mixed with Weimeraner (sp?) She is 7. And when my brother moves back in her will bring his Siamese cat Cleo (as in Cleopatra) and she is 12.

We have me- Alison- I am 35, my hubby Nelson- also 35, our oldest son Alex (13yrs old), our middle son Andy (10 yrs old) and our youngest son Martín (13 months old). Then we have Moe- our cat- he is about a year and a half. Then we have a whole bunch of fancy guppies- there are about 50 of them. The dust bunnies also live here, but we try not to acknowledge them in public.

We have us plus the baby....Smith's Sir Oliver...or Ollie for short. He will be 2 on Nov 4 and is a Chocolate Lab.

friday said:
We have me- Alison- I am 35, my hubby Nelson- also 35, our oldest son Alex (13yrs old), our middle son Andy (10 yrs old) and our youngest son Martín (13 months old). Then we have Moe- our cat- he is about a year and a half. Then we have a whole bunch of fancy guppies- there are about 50 of them. The dust bunnies also live here, but we try not to acknowledge them in public.

:D LOL! Forgot about those...yeah, we're known for an occasional cobweb too!

...and poor you, surrounded by all guys. No wonder you spend time here! :p

I forgot to mention the 3 kids and DH !!! (and the teenage visitors who seem to flock here on weekends!!)

There is myself, my DH and our 3-yo DD. We also have our dogs, Sabrina (Rhodesian Ridgeback) and Rosco (Border collie mix), Wilbur, the hamster, about 15 chicken and 15 horses, although the chickens and horses don't technically occupy our house!! ;)

Oh, and we have our share of dust bunnies too!! hehe

PChefPEI said:
There is myself, my DH and our 3-yo DD. We also have our dogs, Sabrina (Rhodesian Ridgeback) and Rosco (Border collie mix), Wilbur, the hamster, about 15 chicken and 15 horses, although the chickens and horses don't technically occupy our house!! ;)

Oh, and we have our share of dust bunnies too!! hehe

We have friends who have a Rhodesian Ridgeback - have only seen 2 of them in my life.

We had a 1/2 Rhodesian Ridgeback 1/2 Australian Shepherd once. She was the best dog. She looked like a collie...pretty yellow color. When my oldest was 2 my husband thought he needed a puppy. At that time we had a broiler/cattle/hog farm...60,000 chickens, 30 pigs and about 100 cows...and I was pregnant with our daughter. My husband worked a full time job and I took care of the farm and our son. I said that I didn't have time to take care of anything else...or the energy. But, he insisted. When we went to pick out a puppy there were only 2 left. One was slick haired and the other was a ball of fur. My son and husband wanted the slick haired one, but I insisted on the fur ball. My son named her Lovey Dovey. So, Lovey became an important part of our family. She was my son's constant companion. It was winter when she joined our family, which meant she had to be inside. She was house broken in 2 days...a very smart dog. She and my son were the best of friends. If he played too rough she would go away from him until he calmed down. Once he accidently slammed her tail in the car door. It hurt and she turned to snap at whatever had gotten ahold of her. When she saw him there she walked away. She was a great protector. She wouldn't let a stranger near us and she would fight a coyote if it came within 1/2 a mile from our home. The only thing she seemed to be afraid of was snakes. She would run away. She also would go coon hunting with my husband and his hounds. She worked cattle when needed. One night we came in late and she didn't meet us. We went to bed and my husband couldn't sleep. He went to find her. She had died on the back porch. We tried to get another one, but both of her parents had died. I wouldn't have a dog around for several years after that.

shawnna said:
We had a 1/2 Rhodesian Ridgeback 1/2 Australian Shepherd once. She was the best dog. She looked like a collie...pretty yellow color. When my oldest was 2 my husband thought he needed a puppy. At that time we had a broiler/cattle/hog farm...60,000 chickens, 30 pigs and about 100 cows...and I was pregnant with our daughter. My husband worked a full time job and I took care of the farm and our son. I said that I didn't have time to take care of anything else...or the energy. But, he insisted. When we went to pick out a puppy there were only 2 left. One was slick haired and the other was a ball of fur. My son and husband wanted the slick haired one, but I insisted on the fur ball. My son named her Lovey Dovey. So, Lovey became an important part of our family. She was my son's constant companion. It was winter when she joined our family, which meant she had to be inside. She was house broken in 2 days...a very smart dog. She and my son were the best of friends. If he played too rough she would go away from him until he calmed down. Once he accidently slammed her tail in the car door. It hurt and she turned to snap at whatever had gotten ahold of her. When she saw him there she walked away. She was a great protector. She wouldn't let a stranger near us and she would fight a coyote if it came within 1/2 a mile from our home. The only thing she seemed to be afraid of was snakes. She would run away. She also would go coon hunting with my husband and his hounds. She worked cattle when needed. One night we came in late and she didn't meet us. We went to bed and my husband couldn't sleep. He went to find her. She had died on the back porch. We tried to get another one, but both of her parents had died. I wouldn't have a dog around for several years after that.

Awww...how special and sad at the same time... :(

My friends have 2 retrievers and an australian shepherd. They adopted him at 1 year old - he had been kicked by a horse and lost an eye. Bandit is a great dog too...hangs around all the campers and the horses at camp.

By the way...60,000 chickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine caring for those daily!!!!

That is a sad story Shawna. Dogs do become a very special part of our families, don't they?? We had a dog named Nacho and we're pretty sure he had some Ridgeback in him. He was also a great protector and we loved him to pieces! We had to put him down because he couldn't walk anymore....something wrong with his spine (I forget the name of the disease). I still miss him lots..............

Well, let's see... my DH and I. Our two beautiful little girls: Cassidy 3 and Carissa 21 months. We also take care of my 84 year old grandmother who lives in an apartment that my dad built above our garage. My mom and dad are here when they are in town. :grumpy: but technically we haven't "purchased" the house yet so they are entitled, I guess... We have a miniature pinscher named Abby and she is 6. A DSH named Patches and he is 8ish. And my parents have a dog named Kali and she is 9. And that'll do it! That completes my mad house...

I guess I can add my inlaws for June to mid-October and their Boxer, Chlada! :grumpy:

Me~Ellen (29 next month)
DH~John (29 in Dec.)
DD~Brianna (8 years old)
DS~Isaac (2 on Nov. 19th)

Boxers~ Lilo & Stitch
Bull terrier~ Marley
Tabby Cat~ Honey (about 15 years old)

Box Turtle~ Gandolph

Christ Follower said:
Me~Ellen (29 next month)
DH~John (29 in Dec.)
DD~Brianna (8 years old)
DS~Isaac (2 on Nov. 19th)

Boxers~ Lilo & Stitch
Bull terrier~ Marley
Tabby Cat~ Honey (about 15 years old)

Box Turtle~ Gandolph

My youngest DD wants a turtle for Christmas!

It is just me and my husband and our 5 year old son Ethan. We also have a black cat named Salem who we just got this past June. His owner was moving to Australia and could not take him with her.

At home...

Me, DH, DS recently discharged from military with Honorable Medical. He is going to be fine, praise the Lord!

4 cats too, and outside, Chickens (Silkies, Cochins, Marans, Americaunas).

Lastly...we have a possum that keeps sneaking in the cat door...to steal cat food. The other night I woke to find him near my bed, scratching on the window screen to go out!!:yuck:

Me, my husband (Russell), my son (Luke), and our cat (Puddles which I wish did not live with us, ha!), new baby on the way May 17th.

Me (just turned 30)
DH, Robert (30 in Dec.)
Emily (5.5)
Sara (3)
Samuel (21 months)

That's it besides the family members that sleep outside. :)

Related to soWho Else Occupies Your Home????

1. What are the benefits of listening to training CDs for your business?

Listening to training CDs can provide you with valuable tips and advice from experts in your industry. It can also help you stay motivated and inspired, and can provide you with new ideas and strategies to improve your business.

2. How many tips should I share with my team from the CDs I listened to?

This will depend on the length of the CD and the amount of valuable information you want to share. It's best to focus on a few key tips and make sure your team understands and implements them, rather than overwhelming them with too much information.

3. Should I theme the tips I share with my team?

Themed tips can be a great way to keep your team engaged and interested. You could choose a theme based on the current season or month, or focus on a particular aspect of your business that your team needs to work on.

4. How can I motivate my team to take action?

Motivating your team can be a challenge, but setting clear goals and providing incentives can be effective ways to encourage action. You could also try hosting team meetings or training sessions to discuss and brainstorm ideas together.

5. How can I boost the productivity of my team?

To boost productivity, it's important to communicate clearly and regularly with your team, provide them with the necessary resources and support, and recognize and reward their efforts. You could also consider implementing a performance-based incentive program to encourage productivity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
Replies