• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soPlaying off the 'Accidents at Shows' Thread...

I bring a first-aid kit with me to shows. I usually borrow some band aids from the host if I need them. I've never needed stitches, but I did burn myself once and had to ask the host for a bandaid.
PCwithStay-C
Who brings a first aid kit with them to shows?

I have one in the trunk of my car, but am starting to think I should buy a small one to toss in my tote :rolleyes:

Do you all carry a first aid kit, or if heaven forbid you do cut yourself!! Do you just borrow from your host's medicine cabinet?

I have never brought a first aid kit but I do bring gloves usually. If I cut myself I would borrow a bandaide and slip on a glove - or have someone else handle the food from there on in.

I think I need to add a small kit to my crate. I think it'd be more professional to just step aside and bandage myself up than having to ask the host to go get my a bandaid.And unfortunately I am a klutz of the first degree, so there WILL be incidents.

I have a little one with band aids and a couple of antiseptic wipes.

I have a little travel pack (holds about 4 band aids) in my apron pocket. :)

Accident Prone & Neosporin/Band-aide Kit
chefjeanine said:
I have a little travel pack (holds about 4 band aids) in my apron pocket. :)

My mother-in-law just gave me a neosporin and band-aide travel kit. Everything can be housed in a plastic box (you could add an antiseptic wipe or 2). The box is small enough for a purse; it is as round/thick as a banana but only half the length. I think she found it at a drug store.

On a side note, she knows how accident prone I am so it will come in handy!

It is is a great idea to have a couple of your own bandaids. I actually did cut myself at a show and the host had NO bandaids!!

I never thought about it before, but that's a good idea! I have a small travel first aid kit in my car - maybe I should buy another one to keep in my tote. :)

oh, I never thought of that! What a good idea!

I never even gave it a thought! And I too and am such a klutz so maybe I should give it a little more thought!

Yes I carry the bandaids that have the antibacterial cream right on the bandage part...in my purse. I dropped the Santuko knife on my foot a couple of days ago (luckily in my own home), and I only had flip-flops on. It hurt so bad, then I looked down and nearly passed out. My toe was GUSHING blood everywhere. I was shocked that I didn't need stitches! I took about an inch slice into my big toe. I am much more careful now!!!

I burned myself at a show once (once was enough...the memory is 'seared' in my brain!). I had one of the Skillet Cakes cooling and grabbed the handle to move it. I tried to continue my demo by placing my hand periodically in ice. I also tried various ointments the host (a friend) had in her medicine cabinet. Finally, one of the guests suggested toothpaste....voila, the pain completely stopped! I was amazed...and grateful.

I cut my finger at a show and had no bandaids. Luckily it was a friend of mine and it happened while the food was in the oven. I was able to ask her for a bandaid in private. Ironically, I cut myself while taking the protective cover off of the apple wedger! I wasn't even demoing it, just showing them what it looked like w/o the cover. I won't be doing that again!

It was a cut I received while cleaning up after a show that prompted my habit of carrying a small first-aid kit. I had placed a dirty USG with the V-shaped blad in my dishpan. (At that time I used a dishpan to carry the ingredients in and the dirty dishes out.) Something dropped into the dishpan. (Can't tell you what it was. I've blocked the memory. :)) I reached in to pull it out and took a sizeable chunk out of my finger.Most of the guests were gone, so I grabbed a tissue and tried pressure to stop the bleeding. Didn't work. I had to ask the host for a bandage.The next day I purchased a small first-aid kit and added it to my show bag.

Related to soPlaying off the 'Accidents at Shows' Thread...

1. How can I prevent accidents from happening at my Pampered Chef shows?

The best way to prevent accidents is to always prioritize safety. Make sure to keep your work area clean and organized, and ensure that all equipment and products are in good condition. Avoid rushing and take the time to set up properly before your show. Also, be sure to communicate any potential hazards to your guests and provide clear instructions on how to use the products safely.

2. What should I do if an accident does occur at one of my shows?

If an accident does happen, the first step is to attend to the injured guest and make sure they receive any necessary medical attention. Then, report the incident to your Pampered Chef consultant or the company's customer service team. They will guide you on the next steps to take, such as filling out an incident report form.

3. Are there any specific safety precautions I should take when using certain Pampered Chef products?

Yes, some products may require extra caution when using them. For example, be careful when handling sharp knives or hot surfaces. Always follow the instructions and safety guidelines provided with the product. If you have any concerns, don't hesitate to ask your Pampered Chef consultant for advice.

4. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party if I have guests with food allergies or dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that cater to different dietary needs, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free options. You can also work with your consultant to customize recipes to accommodate your guests' allergies or restrictions. Just be sure to communicate any allergies or restrictions to your consultant before the show.

5. How can I make sure my Pampered Chef products are properly cleaned and maintained?

To ensure your products last a long time and perform at their best, it's essential to clean and maintain them properly. Many Pampered Chef products are dishwasher safe, but always check the product instructions for specific cleaning recommendations. For products that require handwashing, use warm soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. Also, make sure to dry them thoroughly before storing them away.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa LM
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefZee
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • DebPC