• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Soo Aggravated at a Bride for a Bridal Shower!

In summary, the author is complaining about how difficult it is to work with a bridezilla. The author has had similar difficulties with a bridezilla and has found ways to overcome them.
ChefBurke
Silver Member
Ok soo thisis a friend of a friend who wanted to do a bridal shower,i i called & tried to find out when she'd like to do it,no response then the mutua; friend wrote me & said bla bla shes busy & i understand you are into your job but give her a break,youve called alot(no i called 3 times in amonths period) I only called because she expressed alot of interest in not only having a bridal shower but becoming a consultant! i told her that.then the next evening the bride-ethel emails me saying oh hi i've decided to have a housewarming/bridalshower on july 29th Yea thats two weeks away!So i called her & made plans i was making desserts,well getting ahold of this girl is like pulling teeth! i got her all excited to get on the website & pick her wishlist & guess what! SHE HASN'T DONE IT!!!! NOT ONE THING! then she expects me to make all this food for people,and not go over $30 or she wont pay! theis is bridezilla! all i want is to get thru this show & be done with her! She has put no effort towards this at all!! not even communicated with me! I left her 2 messeges today the last saying-i understand your busy,but if the wishlist isnt filled in by tonight the computer will automatically fill in our top 50 items for birdal shows & you can add or subtract,if there is nothing in there the show will be deleated.I mean cmon how hard is it to pick wedding gifts you'll get for FREE!!!!!!! its crap! Im sorry but i have to vent!!! I've decided to make strawberry ameretto pastries & the cool & creamy fondue & thats all im putting effort but not jumping thru hoops she has been impossible. ANY ADVICE??!!!!

ummmm...go into a well padded room and get out your frustrations. Then, put on your "family reunion/high school reunion" smile and pretend to be happily there. Don't let your frustrations show through - even if you are joking! This will kill you for sales and bookings. Look at this as a learning experience to figure out what possible problems are. That way you can address them with your next showers before they come up. Also, do your best to get leads and bookings at the show - then it won't totally be a waste of time! Good luck and feel free to vent here...we've all been there one way or another.

if she hasn't got a wishlist yet... i would maybe find out if they have invited any guests yet to... sounds tough.... ya, go tothe rubber room.

I like the rubber room idea. We all should have one. I have to say that there are host out there that get really excited about PC then bail out when it comes to doing the work. Thank GOD that not everyone is like that. I would try calling one more time to see if she is still interested, then if not, forget bridezilla!! Frustrating, yeah. Screaming helps in the rubber room.

I think they are sound proof...No?
If not, let er rip! Man, you have a tough one on your hands. I had a sort of similar problem where the date kept changing and I was never told.
I finally found out about a week and a half in advance of the final change. Iteresting too because the last date I had on my calenadar had already come and gone. I simply left a message two days before, that if Sherry did not call me tomorrow night, I would NOT be showing up on Thursday. Sure as shootin, no phone call. That date was two weeks prior to the new date and it was the third date we set. It was on the 4th date that we actually had the show. I have to admit though it was worth the wait. It was about $1400! Two bookings too. Not tomentiont hat it was the last show I needed to get to the $25,000 mark before the end of October last year fro the 25th anniversary charm.
I put on my "smily face", bit my tounge alot and plowed right in!
You never know! This is one of those time when ESP would definatley come in handy.
Maybe just call a medium!

Related to Soo Aggravated at a Bride for a Bridal Shower!

1. Why is the bride so aggravated for her bridal shower?

The bride may be feeling overwhelmed with the wedding planning process and the added pressure of hosting a bridal shower can be too much to handle. She may also have high expectations for the shower and may be disappointed if they are not met.

2. How do I handle a bride who is constantly complaining about the bridal shower?

Try to understand where the bride is coming from and listen to her concerns. Offer to help alleviate some of the stress by taking on some tasks or delegating them to others. Remind her that the shower is meant to celebrate her and it's important to focus on the positive aspects.

3. What can I do to make the bride feel more relaxed and excited about the bridal shower?

Plan a surprise or special element for the shower that you know the bride will love. It could be a personalized game, a special gift, or a sentimental activity. Also, make sure to communicate with the bride and keep her updated on the shower planning progress.

4. How should I handle a bride who is being ungrateful for the efforts put into her bridal shower?

It's important to remember that everyone has different expectations and reactions, especially during the stressful time of wedding planning. Try to have a calm and honest conversation with the bride about her feelings and remind her of the time and effort put into planning the shower. It's also important to not take her behavior personally and continue to show support and understanding.

5. Is it okay to confront the bride about her attitude towards the bridal shower?

It's important to approach the situation with sensitivity and understanding. It may be helpful to talk to the bride privately and express your concerns in a non-confrontational manner. Remember to focus on finding a solution rather than placing blame. Ultimately, it's up to the individual's discretion whether or not to confront the bride, but communication and understanding are key in resolving any issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • BeckyC5830