• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Something to Go With Greek Cheese Torta???

In summary, the conversation is about a host planning a theme show and looking for dessert ideas to go with a recipe. Suggestions were made for lemon cakes or a Caramel Pecan Dessert Ring, and the host ultimately decided on serving grapes, crackers, cheese, and wine. One person also suggested baklava or phyllo dough for a Greek theme. The conversation ends with the group complimenting the host on the catchy name for the party.
chefliz
Gold Member
Does anyone have any ideas? My host wants to have a theme show and would like to have a dessert to go with this great recipe. She will make it ahead of the show, but I must confess, I am kind of stumped...

What would you suggest for a dessert to go with it? :confused:

Is there some kind of torta type dessert? That's a good question........

When I first saw your thread title, my first response to myself was "a good glass of wine or a beer!!" LOL

How about the lemon cakes in the prep bowls in the same Season's Best?

Or how about this one:

Caramel Pecan Dessert Ring
1 cup pecans, finely chopped1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar1/4 cup all-purpose flour1 egg1/2 teaspoon vanilla1 package (17.3 ounces) refrigerated grand-size flaky biscuits (8 biscuits)1 large red baking apple such as Jonathan1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping or maple-flavored syrupVanilla ice cream (optional)1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Finely chop pecans. In a bowl, combine pecans and brown sugar; mix well. Set aside 1/4 cup of the pecan mixture. Add flour to remaining pecan mixture; mix well. Add egg and vanilla; mix until well blended. Set filling aside.2. Separate biscuits; peel each biscuit apart into 2 layers for a total of 16 biscuit halves. Arrange biscuit halves in an overlapping circular pattern 2 inches from edge of large round stone, leaving a 4-inch-diameter opening in center of baking stone. To create indentation for filling, lightly flour small end of baker's roller (docker). Beginning in center of each biscuit, roll dough to a 5-inch width, forming a well that continues around biscuit ring. Spoon pecan mixture evenly into well in biscuit ring.3. Cut apple in half; remove stems and core. Place apple halves on cutting board, cut sides down. Using a rocking motion, crinkle cut each apple half crosswise into 1/4-inch slices with crinkle cutter. Place 16 apple slices over filling in a circular pattern. Sprinkle reserved pecan mixture over apples.4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with ice cream topping. To serve, cut between apple slices using pizza cutter and serve . Serve with ice cream, if desired.Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 320 mg, Fiber 1 g

HEhehe-I actually talked her into serving grapes, assorted crackers, cheeses and wine with it! To me that sounded the best anyway... :sing:

We are calling it a My Big Fat Greek Pampered Chef Party...

But thank you all for the ideas...

chefliz said:
HEhehe-I actually talked her into serving grapes, assorted crackers, cheeses and wine with it! To me that sounded the best anyway... :sing:

Very catchy name! Way to go!

I was going to suggest something with phyllo dough. She could buy some baklava. YUM!Sounds fun!

chefliz said:

Love the name!! I may have to "steal" that for a theme! ;)

janetupnorth said:
Or how about this one:

Caramel Pecan Dessert Ring

1 cup pecans, finely chopped

1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 egg

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 package (17.3 ounces) refrigerated grand-size flaky biscuits (8 biscuits)

1 large red baking apple such as Jonathan

1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping or maple-flavored syrup

Vanilla ice cream (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Finely chop pecans. In a bowl, combine pecans and brown sugar; mix well. Set aside 1/4 cup of the pecan mixture. Add flour to remaining pecan mixture; mix well. Add egg and vanilla; mix until well blended. Set filling aside.

2. Separate biscuits; peel each biscuit apart into 2 layers for a total of 16 biscuit halves. Arrange biscuit halves in an overlapping circular pattern 2 inches from edge of large round stone, leaving a 4-inch-diameter opening in center of baking stone. To create indentation for filling, lightly flour small end of baker's roller (docker). Beginning in center of each biscuit, roll dough to a 5-inch width, forming a well that continues around biscuit ring. Spoon pecan mixture evenly into well in biscuit ring.

3. Cut apple in half; remove stems and core. Place apple halves on cutting board, cut sides down. Using a rocking motion, crinkle cut each apple half crosswise into 1/4-inch slices with crinkle cutter. Place 16 apple slices over filling in a circular pattern. Sprinkle reserved pecan mixture over apples.

4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with ice cream topping. To serve, cut between apple slices using pizza cutter and serve . Serve with ice cream, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 320 mg, Fiber 1 g

This sounds really yummy-is it kind of baklava-ish?? LOL I will definitely remember it for future reference...

1. What ingredients are needed to make a Greek Cheese Torta?

The ingredients for a Greek Cheese Torta include feta cheese, cream cheese, mayo, roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, and green onions. Other optional ingredients include sun-dried tomatoes and fresh herbs.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese instead of feta for the Greek Cheese Torta?

Yes, you can substitute feta with other crumbled cheeses such as goat cheese or blue cheese. However, the taste and texture of the torta may be slightly different.

3. How do I serve the Greek Cheese Torta?

The Greek Cheese Torta is best served chilled with crackers, pita chips, or sliced vegetables. It can also be spread on bread or used as a topping for sandwiches.

4. How long can I store the Greek Cheese Torta?

The Greek Cheese Torta can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container to maintain freshness.

5. Can I freeze the Greek Cheese Torta?

Yes, you can freeze the Greek Cheese Torta for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator before serving, and make sure to stir it well before serving to restore its creamy texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• adge
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
adge
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kaiser
Replies