• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Solving Ethical Dilemmas: Expert Advice and Strategies

In summary, the person is facing a scheduling dilemma with two potential shows and is considering different solutions such as hosting both shows on the same day or giving one to someone else. They are also advised to communicate with the hosts before making any decisions and to consider the potential impact on future bookings and new contacts.
DeniseCal
dilemma solved!

:eek:)

thanks!

Last edited:
Why not do both shows? Look at hosting one at 1 and the other one at 5 or 6 (depending on travel time between shows). I've done this before and it works out great. Talk with your hosts before you make any decisions. Then look at moving the other host to a different day.If you have to resort to giving the show to someone else, make sure to get all details up front. Personally if she does the show, she should get the bookings. People might book with her because they like her. She might be willing to give you the parties but figure out how you want to handle that - will she have a copy of your calendar and book them for you, will you call them later, etc.

I did 2 shows this past Saturday. The first from 1-3 and the second from 7-9. If you can I would do them both. If you can't, then try to get one of them to reschedule. I agree that if you have someone else do your show she should get the bookings.

Thanks! I appreciate your responses! I am going to ask the first host to move hers up an hour so i can accomodate both! and if that doesn't work; I'll give it away and allow her the bookings as well.

Thanks!!!!

If the timing doesn't work out, just apologize for the schedule conflict and see if she'd be willing to pick another day. If not, then offer the show to someone else. But I'd never just hand over a show to someone if I could help it. It's your business and future bookings and new contacts are at stake! :D

Are you worried about being pushy if you ask the 2nd host to change dates? Does she want a July party and that's the only date that you have open? Ask yourself this before you just hand the party over.

What does it mean to be ethical in the workplace?

Being ethical in the workplace means conducting oneself with honesty, integrity, and responsibility. It involves following moral principles and values, treating others with respect, and making ethical decisions that benefit both the individual and the organization.

How can I ensure that I am acting ethically in my job?

One way to ensure that you are acting ethically in your job is to familiarize yourself with the company's code of ethics and follow it closely. Additionally, you can seek guidance from your superiors or HR department if you are unsure about a particular situation. It is also important to always consider the potential consequences of your actions before making decisions.

What should I do if I witness unethical behavior in the workplace?

If you witness unethical behavior in the workplace, it is important to report it to the appropriate person or department. This could be your supervisor, HR representative, or an ethics hotline. It is important to follow the company's policies and procedures for reporting such incidents.

How can ethical behavior benefit my career?

Acting ethically in the workplace can benefit your career in several ways. It can help you build a strong reputation and gain the trust and respect of your colleagues and superiors. It can also lead to opportunities for advancement, as ethical behavior is often valued and rewarded in the workplace.

What are some common ethical dilemmas that may arise in the workplace?

Some common ethical dilemmas that may arise in the workplace include conflicts of interest, confidentiality issues, and discrimination. Other examples may include issues related to bribery, lying, and misuse of company resources. It is important to be aware of these potential dilemmas and how to handle them in an ethical manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• clshirk
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • pcchris
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Shonda1107
  • pkd09