• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help Boosting Your Party Plan Business? Get Expert Advice Here!

maybe you could start an event, or do a webinar, or something like that to get people interested?Great idea!I would go back to my list of 100, fill in if you didn't finish and ask them to help you re kick off your business. Ask for referrals!! Those are the best!
pcchris
Silver Member
Greetings to everyone! I'm pretty new to this website, but have gotten some AMAZING ideas, so I thought I might ask you all for help. Here's my dilemma: Started PC in August, had a great 3 months, earned SS for month 1-3. Love the products, love the company, love being my own boss...however, my calendar is pretty empty. I have called just about everyone I know, and no one wants to even do a catalog show! :confused: I've talked to my director, she's been great, but still no luck. I don't really want to stop doing this...any ideas? I'll take any advice you give me...thanks so much

welcome to my club.
i must say though, this sight has some wonderful ideas. I have been jotting ideas down for the different ideas floating around about the HWC and...hello... setting up at a babies r us... why don't i ever think of these things....

and conratulations, btw, on an awesome start!

never thought about that either (HWC) now i'm thinking about that...thanks! This is a great site...but don't remember even how i found it. sure glad that i did!

ive discovered customer care calls mean alot to people and i did it the other day and booked two parties, and that wasnt everyone.

Two kinds of mystery host ideas come to mind. First host your own show at your house and market it as THE easiest way to host without doing any of the work! Have wrapped gifts for past hosts and hands-on demos. Do something like everyone who orders $60 gets an extra ticket into the mystery host drawing.Another mystery host is the $1000 catalog show. Find AT LEAST 10 people willing to collect AT LEAST $100 in orders each. For each $100 they collect, they get into a drawing for the host benefits. Can you imagine getting $200 in FREE products (plus the other benefits) for just collecting $100 in orders! Have an ending date when the orders are due to you - money in hand. Maybe offer an extra ticket for each show for each booking? An extra ticket for bringing a guest - 5 tickets if that guest books?HTH

great idea...thank you! I'll have to try that. I've had a show at my house, and picked a winner for a 20% discount on thier order, that worked well. I'll try the mystery host show!

Maybe offer an extra ticket for each show for each booking? An extra ticket for bringing a guest - 5 tickets if that guest books?Another mystery host is the $1000 catalog show. Find AT LEAST 10 people willing to collect AT LEAST $100 in orders each. For each $100 they collect, they get into a drawing for the host benefits. Can you imagine getting $200 in FREE products (plus the other benefits) for just collecting $100 in orders! Have an ending date when the orders are due to you - money in hand.

Maybe offer an extra ticket for each show for each booking? An extra ticket for bringing a guest - 5 tickets if that guest books?

What a great idea... i likes

I would go back to my list of 100, fill in if you didn't finish and ask them to help you re kick off your business. Ask for referrals!! Those are the best!
Also, I would do customer care calls for all the customers you ever had. See if they love their products, need a recipe and ask to tell them about all the new awesome things going on at the pampered chef!
Good luck!

I never thought about a business re-kick off! Another great idea!! I knew all of you "pros" would help me come up with new ideas...keep 'em coming! I will go back through my list of 100...I am certainly not phone shy...just get bummed when I call and everyone says no thank you. I'm beginning to think that people just don't like me, but every host I've had say that they had a lot of fun. I only played one game once...does anyone else play games at their show? Thanks again for the great ideas!

Do you know anyone else who is involved in Direct Sales for another company (Southern Living @ Home, Taste of Home Entertaining, Longaberger.....)see if they want to go in with you for a combined show that way each of you can feed off of the other's customer base. I did this and each of is gave away our host benefits through a Mystery Host drawing. I got a lot of leads.

Hi Linda,
I do have a very good friend who does SLAH, but she lives in WV, while I'm in WI...any ideas as to how to do a multi-state show?

pcchris said:
Hi Linda,
I do have a very good friend who does SLAH, but she lives in WV, while I'm in WI...any ideas as to how to do a multi-state show?
Other than a catalog type thing - no I don't. But you really want local bookings don't you? Ask around and maybe you'll find someone. When I did mine, there were 4 of us. I only knew one of them, she knew one and the other knew that 4th person.
Or maybe try getting in on a craft fair.
Go back through your receipts and make customer care calls.
Do you do a monthly newsletter? If not you need to start. Keep your name in front of your customers.
Leave catalogs in Doctor & Dentist offices, Hair and Nail salons.
See if some of your local businesses will allow you to leave a drawing box and offer a grand prize. Grand prize can be a GC only redeemable with you (or whatever you want it to be) and then call everyone else and tell them that they "won" a free cooking show (that means that you supply the recipe ingredients and paper supplies).

Hopefully this will give you some ideas....maybe others will post more.

currently, no I do not do monthly newsletters. I have asked all of my guests for thier email addresses so I can send them an email newsletter, they all say "no thank you" and won't give them to me. Any suggestions on a better way to ask for email addresses? Thanks for all the great ideas...I really appreciate it!

pcchris said:
currently, no I do not do monthly newsletters. I have asked all of my guests for thier email addresses so I can send them an email newsletter, they all say "no thank you" and won't give them to me. Any suggestions on a better way to ask for email addresses? Thanks for all the great ideas...I really appreciate it!
When I do the DPSP at my show I tell people that when they give me their email address I will use it to send them my monthly newsletter and to notify them of any specials and that I will not spam them! I make a point to tell them that I ALWAYS bcc their address so that no-one will be getting it from me. I have not had any problems getting email addresses. and I'v eonly had one person email and ask to be removed frm my monthly newsletter :( .

pcchris said:

I email the recipe the day after the show. I think this helps. I let them know that I email out a recipe once a month and the monthly specials. Almost everyone seems to give me their email address.

Great idea with emailing the recipe! I'll have to try that at my next show...hopefully that will work.

With mass emails like that, how do you keep from becoming spam?

Linda, great ideas! You didn't leave much to add. One thing is ask for referrals. When you make your calls or talk to people and they say no to hosting then ask if they know anyone who would be interested in earning free products.

You could also try asking them what is holding them back from having a show now. Tell them you're trying to learn what you can do to help your hostesses. Maybe they have some ideas about a party that isn't true, like no room, no friends, too much work. This will give you a way to possibly work through their issues. Make sure you're talking about fundraiser shows.

There are also several threads here on approaching realtors. Work up ideas for both closing gifts for their clients and small items for keeping their name out there. We have a realtor who delivers pumpkins to the houses in our neighborhood each fall. That is a cute idea but can't say that I remember her name as we just toss the card and the pumpkin sure isn't a lasting reminder.

Good luck on rekindling your business. You were obviously doing something right to have such a great start. I'm sure you're going to get some more leads and this site is definately a great resource.

Michele, thanks for the realtor idea! I've been battling this issue for a while, and figured it was time to post my thread to get ideas. You all are great...and UR right...this site is a great resource, as are all of you!!

Try the "Pampering a Business" idea from Christie Northrup, the Lemonaid Lady...

You - select a medium/small business nearby your home. Ring-Ring! "Hi, Riverside Dentistry? I am PC Chris, your Pampered Chef Consultant. I am servicing businesses in your area, and am scheduled to bring you all lunch next Tuesday. How many people are at your office? 8? Great. I'll bring a hot dish and a fruit dessert - you all supply the drinks. I'll be by around 11am."

You supply...something cheap like Tomato Basil Squares on a stone. hot. ready to serve - maybe covered with foil. Also - 2-3 apples with Apple Wedger, a small bowl with caramel dip, and a dish with chopped nuts (maybe leave your food chopper or your cheese grater plus w /nuts for THEM to chop!) Leave 6 catalogs and 6 order forms, Chat briefly with receptionist (get her name so you can call her the host, and familiarize her with the host benefit and basics in cleaning the stone and how to chop the nuts). Then - leave - come back in 1-2 days to collect any orders.

Call Preschools in your area and offer to do a simple cooking demo for the kids (Making Chocolate Milk in plunge pitcher or Apple slices with Apple Peeler Corer/Slicer) and ask if they need any money for toys or playground equipment and could you do a fundraiser for their parents?

Look around for home shows and bazaars to participate in. Get your name out there, and You Will Get The Business You Want! Mostly - get out of your house, quit doing the same things you've always done. It will happen!

wow! great idea with the preschool fundraiser! I'll get right on that one!!
Thank you so much for the great info!

I'm just starting out - can't say this works from personal experience but it is what I am going to try. Staples has sturdy cardboard ballot/voters boxes with header cards that can be decorated with PC information and info slips. I'd place them at various merchants (with permission of course and only in places where potential PC customers are likely to be) and check back every few days to collect the leads. I anticipate decorating the box with some type of "carrot" such as a special drawing or free gift offer.

This came to mind because I am very much a hermit. When I do work with others, it is in a social service capacity which has me surrounded by people more concerned about having food for dinner, let alone how to prepare it so this was the best I could come up with besides looking for local fairs and expos that I can have a table.

Related to Need Help Boosting Your Party Plan Business? Get Expert Advice Here!

1. How can I increase sales at my party plan business?

To boost sales at your party plan business, it's important to focus on creating a welcoming and engaging atmosphere for your guests. This can include offering special discounts or promotions, providing hands-on demonstrations of products, and actively listening to your guests' needs and preferences.

2. What are some effective marketing strategies for my party plan business?

Some effective marketing strategies for your party plan business include utilizing social media to reach a wider audience, hosting a launch party to introduce your business to potential customers, and collaborating with other businesses or influencers for cross-promotion.

3. How do I stand out from other party plan businesses?

To stand out from other party plan businesses, it's important to offer unique and high-quality products, provide exceptional customer service, and continuously innovate and improve your business. Consider offering exclusive products or hosting themed parties to differentiate yourself from others in the industry.

4. How can I motivate my team of consultants to boost their sales?

Motivating your team of consultants can be achieved by setting clear and achievable goals, offering incentives for top performers, providing ongoing training and support, and recognizing and celebrating their successes. It's also important to foster a positive and collaborative team culture.

5. How can I handle objections and rejections from potential customers?

Handling objections and rejections from potential customers is a common challenge in any sales role. Some strategies for overcoming objections include actively listening to the customer's concerns, addressing them with empathy and understanding, and offering solutions or alternatives. It's also important to remain positive and confident in your products and business, and to not take rejection personally.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caitynsmom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • keyssizzler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • Shelbi