• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soLong, Wfmr. I'm Broken Hearted.

WFMR has been broadcasting classical music in the Milwaukee market for over 50 years. Granted, it is a niche market, but a niche with a very loyal listener base.As of midnight tonight, WFMR is dumping the classical format and will start playing "smooth jazz."It is the purpose of any radio station to make money, and a format that attracts the most listeners allows the station to charge more money for advertising due to advertisers getting more listeners.What happened was that the smooth jazz station dumped the format (just what the market needs, yet another rocker) so the classical station is dumping classical to get that huge smooth jazz audience - all three or four more listeners than classical had.
Did I tell you the college story about sliders?

2 guys who lived in my dorm were discussing various food items one evening. One of them was from the Chicago area and mentioned sliders. His roommate was from an area of the country without WCs. They decided that it was unthinkable that he was 20 and had never tasted a slider! So they hopped in a car, drove 4 hours to Chicago, got sliders, and drove back. They got back to campus just in time for 8:30 class.

Yes, you did.

Well, fine then.

My 8th grade algebra teacher had a good story about them, too.

When he was in high school, he'd hang out with his friends at a local WC. Being teenage boys, they'd usually each order a bag of 10, and then they'd sit in their cars in the lot and eat them. One evening, my teacher couldn't finish all of his, so he picked up the last one, removed it from it's box and threw it at the plate glass window on the front of the restaurant. Not only did it stick to the window, it stuck together! Then it started "crawling" down the glass, falling apart only when it reached the windowsill.

ROFL!It's probably still there, too!

I can't win.Now the feed from my new friends in Rhode Island is corrupted.:(

Maybe later...I'm listening to the one rocker in Milwaukee that I can...tolerate. Local news and all that.

Just missed the Sousalarm, anyway.
Drat! I'm soooo late leaving the house this morning.

Buh-BYEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Have you noticed how the times are all screwed up on here this morning?

<h2>1. Why is WFMR, a classical music station, changing its format to smooth jazz?</h2><p>WFMR has been broadcasting classical music in the Milwaukee market for over 50 years. However, in order to attract more listeners and generate more revenue, the station has decided to switch to a more popular format like smooth jazz.</p><h2>2. How long has WFMR been broadcasting classical music?</h2><p>WFMR has been broadcasting classical music in the Milwaukee market for over 50 years. It has built a loyal listener base during this time, but unfortunately, the classical genre has not been as profitable as other formats.</p><h2>3. Will WFMR still be broadcasting any classical music?</h2><p>No, WFMR will no longer be playing any classical music. The station will completely switch to a smooth jazz format as of midnight tonight.</p><h2>4. Why is WFMR making this change when there are already two public radio networks in Wisconsin, one of which plays classical music?</h2><p>While there are two public radio networks in Wisconsin, Milwaukee does not have an outlet for the classical network. Additionally, the smooth jazz format has been proven to attract a larger audience and generate more revenue, making it a more profitable choice for the station.</p><h2>5. What other options do classical music listeners in Milwaukee have now that WFMR is changing its format?</h2><p>Unfortunately, there will no longer be a dedicated classical music station in Milwaukee. However, there are still other options for listeners such as streaming classical music online or tuning into the classical network on other public radio stations in nearby cities.</p>

1. Why is WFMR, a classical music station, changing its format to smooth jazz?

WFMR has been broadcasting classical music in the Milwaukee market for over 50 years. However, in order to attract more listeners and generate more revenue, the station has decided to switch to a more popular format like smooth jazz.

2. How long has WFMR been broadcasting classical music?

WFMR has been broadcasting classical music in the Milwaukee market for over 50 years. It has built a loyal listener base during this time, but unfortunately, the classical genre has not been as profitable as other formats.

3. Will WFMR still be broadcasting any classical music?

No, WFMR will no longer be playing any classical music. The station will completely switch to a smooth jazz format as of midnight tonight.

4. Why is WFMR making this change when there are already two public radio networks in Wisconsin, one of which plays classical music?

While there are two public radio networks in Wisconsin, Milwaukee does not have an outlet for the classical network. Additionally, the smooth jazz format has been proven to attract a larger audience and generate more revenue, making it a more profitable choice for the station.

5. What other options do classical music listeners in Milwaukee have now that WFMR is changing its format?

Unfortunately, there will no longer be a dedicated classical music station in Milwaukee. However, there are still other options for listeners such as streaming classical music online or tuning into the classical network on other public radio stations in nearby cities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
topchef.heather
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies