• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soWhat Did Ya Think? Wasn't It Awesome!?

In summary, Bobby and Kristi had a great time at the conference, and they both loved the new products and theme shows. They are both excited to start playing with their new toys, but Bobby is going to have to wait until he gets home to do so. Ann mentioned that there is an email newsletter with information about the products that attendees earn, and Kristi is already trying to figure out ways to save for next year.
jennytodd
:D Just got back from Wave 2-I think I liked the schedule/set up for this year's conference better than last year. SOO excited about the new products and theme shows! I'm ready to start now. Can't wait for our changeover kit at least....

Loved every moment of it!!!!

Now I'm just looking to see the date they will start shipping the products we've earned!!! Anyone know?

end of the month sometime.... Sorry, I know that's not much help.Just an FYI- Deb posted (in a thread titled, "I'm Back!") that we can share Conference announcements starting at 9am Central time on Wednesday, since that's when Wave 3 will be wrapping up.

Thanks Ann! Okay... this month? I am going to NY for vacation with my family (basically 5 straight days of drinking... I'll need to to get through it) and wish they would come before I go so they aren't sitting on my porch all week... I'm leaving the 29th. Think that'll be the time frame?

Ironic, huh? The 29th specifically stands out in my mind as a ship date. I'm not too far from you (Southfield). Would you like me to pick yours up off your porch while you're gone?

Thanks so much for the offer!!!! Our house is for sale and our realtor is planning to come by daily so she can bring them in for me. Not sure where she'll put them since it's the director's box!!!!

Now I'm going to have to wait until I get home to play with my new toys!!!!! UGH! :)

I used to live over that way, too, a little farther east, though. My shows were mostly in Troy and Auburn Hills and Sterling Heights.

I volunteer to play with your products and report back. :D

I had a BLAST!!! I just tried finding where it says when we get our products and NOTHING says it!! Hmm.....

I think it was in a newsletter or Weekly Bytes.

I loved every minute of conference. Even though it seemed like we just went from one thing to another it was great. I liked the way it was set up this year. The only thing I would like to change is that they have all the recognition completed on day 2. We had to leave early on day 3 to catch our flight and we missed the announcement on the consultant incentive...found it in our special consultant news...and we missed the announcement on what we get for attending conference and turning in 2 shows in July. Can someone pm me with that info? I didn't find it in the consultant news. I know what the 2 sharp products we earn are, but not the extra for attending conference. Thanks in advance.

I PMed you, Shawnna.

I'm already trying to figure out good ways to save for next year. I talked to someone at the airport that got a discount rate at The McCormick Place Hotel using Priceline.com. I might try that next year since I get the room to myself.

Bobby

I was in wave 1 but I have to say it was an amazing 1st time experience! I hope to go every year, if $$$ permits!?!

Chef Bobby said:
I'm already trying to figure out good ways to save for next year. I talked to someone at the airport that got a discount rate at The McCormick Place Hotel using Priceline.com. I might try that next year since I get the room to myself.

Bobby
The very first year I went, the Hyatt was a conference hotel, and my cluster Pricelined (yes, I'm making that a verb now) rooms there for $50 a night. We also got a great deal on train tickets - ended up paying less than $140 each for hotel and transportation.

It was my first and it was a blast!

Kristi, I screamed for you when you walked! You looked stunning!!!

chefann said:
I think it was in a newsletter or Weekly Bytes.

Ann - you truely are a computer nerd... our email newsletter is "Weekly Bites", not "Weekly Bytes"!!!

Of course, what does that say about me that I noticed it!!!

katie0128 said:
Ann - you truely are a computer nerd... our email newsletter is "Weekly Bites", not "Weekly Bytes"!!!

Of course, what does that say about me that I noticed it!!!
I could have sworn HO spelled it with the "y" as one of their usual silly puns.
Sorry. :rolleyes:

No no .. I'm the only silly pun around here :p

I'm the one who yelled something about needing "the missing item" for my hot date... (during wave 1) :D

chefann said:
I'm the one who yelled something about needing "the missing item" for my hot date... (during wave 1) :D
Excuse me Ann!!!! Can I put in an order for some star slippers???? I loved them!!! Rae was wearing them and they were so cute!!!!!

chefkristin said:
Excuse me Ann!!!! Can I put in an order for some star slippers???? I loved them!!! Rae was wearing them and they were so cute!!!!!
Sure. What size do you need? I'll go to my Red Dot Boutique (Target) to get the base slippers.

chefann said:
Sure. What size do you need? I'll go to my Red Dot Boutique (Target) to get the base slippers.
9 1/2

I want to send you money for the ribbon so I can send some for those too! Just let me know how much! I noticed them right away!!! Thank you!! Are you sure you don't mind???

I don't mind. I'll let you know how much they'll be with shipping once I get slippers.Don't worry about the ribbons. They really weren't that much to make.

chefann said:
I don't mind. I'll let you know how much they'll be with shipping once I get slippers.

Don't worry about the ribbons. They really weren't that much to make.
Thanks again.

Email me at [email protected] when you got a total!! You should sell them on ebay!!

I had a blastReally fun. I learned a ton in the workshops. there were quite a few men that I was able to talk to. I had quite a few stop and ask how a man does this business. I got a lot of nice pictures. really excited for next year when I walk the stage. Goal setting time

chefkristin said:
It was my first and it was a blast!

Kristi, I screamed for you when you walked! You looked stunning!!!

Well thank you!!:eek: That was the dress I got for $32 and was originally $128!!!:D

Kristi - I yelled 2 but your friends in the row behind me yelled louder!

You looked great! Congrats!

Hi Kristi and janetupnorth!! It's me Patsy from Dallas. I loved meeting you two and I can't wait until next January. I have already decided to go to Cincinnati even if it is frozen over. I don't ever want to miss another minute with all my pc friends. I just had to say hello.

Hi Pat - I have no recruits but I have a goal now to get 2 to go to Leadership! :)

Fun! Fun!I had a really good time! It was great to meet everyone Thursday night (and Wed night too) and like everyone has said - to put a face with a name! This was the best conference yet - I went last year and to Leadership - but this topped the 3 so far!!!

I hope that you all found it motivational and that you all got your money's worth through the information at the workshops and energy surging through the general sessions! So set your goals, aim high and see you all at Leadership!!!!

This was my first NC and I enjoyed it so much. It was an absolute blast. So much information in the workshops and then the General Sessions were outstanding. I can't wait for next year. I need to sit down now and set goals also.

This was my 6th one, and it was awesome! Thanks to those of you who recognized my name (especially Rae) from here and CHEERED for me when I walked for TPC! It was so fun! Marla said to me as I crossed the stage and so many were cheering "wow, you have a fan club", and I told her "nah, i just paid them well, LOL". It was a lot of fun. My first conference 6 years ago I had to leave early because I was so sick from cancer treatment that I was septic and didn' know it, so it's come a long way from cancer to TPC!! AND, I was in the Atlantis video! Last year my husband was in the Vienna video, and this year we were in the Atlantis video! How cool was that?

Thanks Ann for the pm. I am sorry I missed meeting everyone on Thursday. My hospitality director and I went out for pizza. We needed some time together to talk about our meetings and stuff. I looked for the paige ribbons and the cheffer buttons but didn't see any until Friday when I was running to catch the shuttle so I could get ready for the banquet. So, I didn't have a chance to talk to anyone. Sounds like you all had a great time.

Perhaps I can meet some of you in Ohio in January at Leadership. I am already planning to go. A sister consultant told me it is better than NC.

Nanisu said:
This was my 6th one, and it was awesome! Thanks to those of you who recognized my name (especially Rae) from here and CHEERED for me when I walked for TPC! It was so fun! Marla said to me as I crossed the stage and so many were cheering "wow, you have a fan club", and I told her "nah, i just paid them well, LOL". It was a lot of fun. My first conference 6 years ago I had to leave early because I was so sick from cancer treatment that I was septic and didn' know it, so it's come a long way from cancer to TPC!! AND, I was in the Atlantis video! Last year my husband was in the Vienna video, and this year we were in the Atlantis video! How cool was that?

What an aweseom and inspirational story you have! God Bless You!!!

Shawnna said:
Perhaps I can meet some of you in Ohio in January at Leadership. I am already planning to go. A sister consultant told me it is better than NC.

I heard the same thing from a Senior Director in my cluster.

dannyzmom said:
I heard the same thing from a Senior Director in my cluster.
This year (2007) was my first Leadership and I LOVED it! The workshops are more directed toward people who are serious about building their teams and their business. And they have some little perks (like snacks) that they don't have at Conference.

It was great! I like the way they broke up the recognition so that we weren't all tired of the whole thing by the time the last people walked the stage. Everyone deserves an enthusiastic response.The workshops I attended were great. I have lots of ideas that I can get started on right away. As a matter of fact, I've already implemented a few. The only thing I didn't like was that in The Test Kitchen Cooks! they made several things with chocolate and didn't let us have any. I mean, honestly, what kind of sick, twisted mind comes up with the idea of having that much chocolate in front of that many women without handing out a sample or two? Ann (BayChef), I still think we should have stormed the platform. We could have taken those people.Meeting you Cheffers was fabulous! I'm pumped and ready to promote so I can attend Leadership. Hey, with 3-2-1, I should have a full team by then. Right?

What a wonderful weekend!! I am so inspired to do great things with my business this year!!! Was great meeting those I did!!

response to Bobby
chefann said:
The very first year I went, the Hyatt was a conference hotel, and my cluster Pricelined (yes, I'm making that a verb now) rooms there for $50 a night. We also got a great deal on train tickets - ended up paying less than $140 each for hotel and transportation.

Bobby,
I stayed at the Hyatt this year. I was not impressed by the service there at all, but the rate was the same as the conference hotels, plus, you just have to walk to the meeting rooms. The downside, though, is that you aren't with your peeps! I made the decision on Tuesday night that I would stay in the conference hotel next year with everyone else. I felt kind of disengaged. Also, a cab ride from McCormick Place to downtown is about $11 - so that really adds up!!:D

I agree. There's something about rubbing elbows with all those other consultants as you go back and forth on the bus and up and down in the elevators that really adds to the experience. I know I got lots of great advice just chatting with people outside of the conference center.

ljeffries said:
Bobby,
I stayed at the Hyatt this year. I was not impressed by the service there at all, but the rate was the same as the conference hotels, plus, you just have to walk to the meeting rooms. The downside, though, is that you aren't with your peeps! I made the decision on Tuesday night that I would stay in the conference hotel next year with everyone else. I felt kind of disengaged. Also, a cab ride from McCormick Place to downtown is about $11 - so that really adds up!!:D

I guess it's all going to depend on my money situation next spring when it's time to make reservations. Being around everybody else was nice except when they decided to bang on my door and run at 2am.

Bobby

raebates said:
It was great! I like the way they broke up the recognition so that we weren't all tired of the whole thing by the time the last people walked the stage. Everyone deserves an enthusiastic response.

The workshops I attended were great. I have lots of ideas that I can get started on right away. As a matter of fact, I've already implemented a few. The only thing I didn't like was that in The Test Kitchen Cooks! they made several things with chocolate and didn't let us have any. I mean, honestly, what kind of sick, twisted mind comes up with the idea of having that much chocolate in front of that many women without handing out a sample or two? Ann (BayChef), I still think we should have stormed the platform. We could have taken those people.

Meeting you Cheffers was fabulous! I'm pumped and ready to promote so I can attend Leadership. Hey, with 3-2-1, I should have a full team by then. Right?

Rae - was that last day and were you in room 103 (I think it was?)...if so, Jennifer and I would have helped you take them down...don't have a license to serve us...BAH!...what is one wrapped Andes candy?????

Besides, with the amount of people who thought I really wasn't a firefighter and just borrowed someone's gear...I'd love to show them... (he-he - just kidding there - BTW!)

That was it. Ann and I were begging Damien to toss us some Rolos, but he completely ignored us. If we'd known you and Jennifer were there, we might have given it a go. ;)

I would have helped too, that Trifle looked awesome!!!

Vanilla, and chocolate, and raspberry, oh my!

Nanisu said:

That's what it is all aobut sister !!! :cool: CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

Nell's-a-Cookin' said:
I had a really good time! It was great to meet everyone Thursday night (and Wed night too) and like everyone has said - to put a face with a name! This was the best conference yet - I went last year and to Leadership - but this topped the 3 so far!!!

I hope that you all found it motivational and that you all got your money's worth through the information at the workshops and energy surging through the general sessions! So set your goals, aim high and see you all at Leadership!!!!
It was great meeting you too Janell! It is good to know who your talking to but I love talking to you all anyway! The funny thing is everyone I met is obviously so genuine because the way you all were in person is the way you are on here..I will post the group pictures I have from Wednesday and Thursday when I get them on cd.

1. What were the highlights of Wave 2 at the conference?

The new products and theme shows were definitely the biggest highlights of Wave 2. Everyone was excited about the fresh and innovative products that were introduced, as well as the new theme shows that will add more variety to our parties.

2. How did the schedule and set up compare to last year's conference?

Many attendees felt that the schedule and set up for this year's conference was better than last year's. The sessions were well-organized and the flow of the conference was smoother, allowing for a more enjoyable and productive experience.

3. When can we expect to receive our changeover kit?

The changeover kit will be available for all consultants starting next week. We understand the excitement to start using the new products and theme shows, and we assure you that the changeover kit will be delivered as soon as possible.

4. Will there be any training or resources available for the new products and theme shows?

Yes, there will be training and resources provided for the new products and theme shows. We want to ensure that all consultants feel confident and prepared to present these new offerings to their customers.

5. What should we do while waiting for the changeover kit?

In the meantime, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the new products and theme shows. You can also start incorporating them into your party presentations and getting feedback from your customers. This will help you hit the ground running once you receive your changeover kit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies