• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soThrilled About My New Purchase!

In summary, the Kodak printer is a great deal for the price and has a printhead in the ink cartridge, which makes it much cheaper than the Brother printer.
pckellyd
Gold Member
Well almost purchase!!! I'm heading to staples first thing inthe morning for a new printer! They have an all in one network ready Brother printer for only $70.00! I have been desperate for a new printer, but haven't found one I liked. I'm so excited! To be able to FINALLY print what I want when I want! WAH HOO!

Wait!!! Check out the Kodak printers....PLEASE! Brother ink is expensive and doesn't last long.

Kodak ink is VERY inexpensive! $9.99 for Black and $14.95 for Color. That is because they don't have a printhead in the ink cartridge (it's in the printer). It adds up QUICK! Brother ink is more than twice as much. They give you a cheaper printer price and gouge you on the ink!

I have one that I use for business and just bought one for my son to take to college. Check out the link here:
KODAK ESP 3 All-in-One Printer / TV Offer

Only $99 with FREE shipping and a FREE USB. It was at my home in about a week. LOVE IT!!

Thanks for the info! I'll check that out. I had been wanting a Kodak, but found this brother.

I do know to check ink prices and the ones for this printer are 11 for each of the 4 cartridges. Not as cheap as the Kodak, but a heck of a lot better than the HP's. :)

Thanks again!!! :)

I went to order this and got a free upgrade to the Kodak ESP-5...they were out of the ESP-3.

I got the upgraded ESP 5 also. I already had the Kodak 5300. They are GREAT with ink conservation (especially if you set the default to "draft").

HTH

pckellyd said:
Thanks for the info! I'll check that out. I had been wanting a Kodak, but found this brother.

I do know to check ink prices and the ones for this printer are 11 for each of the 4 cartridges. Not as cheap as the Kodak, but a heck of a lot better than the HP's. :)

Thanks again!!! :)

That has got to be very expensive with 4 different cartridges! We are looking for a new one in the next few months that we can print to wireless. We have a desktop and laptop here and if someone needs to print from the laptop, we have to email the document to the desktop to do so!

I will say their is one advantage with different cartridges for different colors, if you have an hp or what not that has one color cartridge you end up replacing it if only one of the colors in it runs out. So for example your documents are printing colors that aren't normal and you get a warning that you are low on in, it is more than likely just the yellow or red for example not all of them, but you have to replace the whole thing. So when you have the different cartridges for the different colors you just replace the one that you are actually out of. So it may seem a bit more but it really is cheaper in the long run. Hope that makes sense.

It depends on how you look at it. The individual colors for the other printers include the price of a printhead (which are included in the ink cartridge and make it so expensive). The Kodak printer has a printhead built into the printer, not the ink cartridge.

Also, Kodak has done significant studies on the amount of ink normally used during color and picture printing, so they have (for example) more blue and less yellow.

You can also purchase a wireless printer server for your current printer....I have a NetGear one from Staples.

You can get the Kodak ESP-3 at WalMart for $89...saw it yesterday.

I just went to epinion.com and the reviews that are posted there aren't very favorable for this printer/scanner.

Has anyone had this awhile and can tell me it's really worth the $. How long do the ink cartridges really work?? I don't want to get sucked into buying what I think will be a great deal again and have it not be.

Thanks,

Lisa

I did wind up buying the brother 295CN. I LOVE it! My old HP Cost me almost $75 for just 2 cartridges. This one is 22 for the black and 10 for each color. So $52 IF I have to replace all the cartriges at once, that rarely happens. I love the fact that the printer was only $70 and is networkable. It's set up in my office, not hooked up to a computer and I can scan and print from my laptop ANYWHERE in the house.

I have a brother at my office. It won't work if there is one cartridge out. I have a Lexmark at home and hate it. I am hoping this Kodak one will work better.

Printers depend so much on your own usage. My last printer was a Brother. It wouldn't print at all if it decided that one of the ink colors was out. I hated that. Plus, there was often a bit of ink left in the cartridge, so I felt like it was wasting ink.My current printer is an HP. I'm spending much less on ink. The cartridges cost about the same at Staples, but I can get them online for less. Plus, they're lasting much longer than the Brother cartridges did. I'm having much less trouble with jams, and it prints much faster. Then again, the Brother I had was one of the cheaper ones, while I spent a bit more on my HP. BTW, I think it's funny that the Kodak research shows people use more blue than yellow. It's always my yellow that runs out first.

Just speaking for myself, I haven't had any problems with my Kodak printer (I use the 5300 which was replaced with the ESP 5). I have owned it for almost 2 years.

I know from my own experience that my ink costs have been cut in half. And I print pictures from my 5300....LOTS of them! Not just flyers and docs. As I said, changing the default ink usage from "Normal" to "Draft" saves even MORE ink. The default ink setting for pictures is always "Best".

I LOVE the speed, the accuracy and the low ink costs. I will never buy another printer. That is why I purchased the ESP 5 for my son to take to college!

OK everyone who purchased one of these Kodak Printers......are they really worth it??? Do they do what's promised??

I want to get a printer/scanner that will really work and not cost me a fortune.

Thanks,

Lisa

Re: So thrilled about my new purchase! ?? Kodak Printersanyone, opinions on Kodak printers???

:thumbup: or :thumbdown:

Lisa

Related to soThrilled About My New Purchase!

What are the benefits of using Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef products are designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable. They are made with high-quality materials and innovative designs that can save you time and effort in the kitchen. Plus, our products come with a satisfaction guarantee, so you can be confident in your purchase.

How do I care for my new Pampered Chef product?

We recommend following the care instructions that come with each product. Most of our products are dishwasher safe, but some may need to be hand washed. It's also important to avoid using metal utensils on our non-stick cookware to prevent scratching.

What sets Pampered Chef products apart from other kitchenware brands?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company, which means our products are only available through independent consultants. This allows us to provide personalized customer service and support, as well as exclusive deals and promotions. Our products are also backed by our 30-day guarantee and limited lifetime warranty.

Can I host a Pampered Chef party to earn free products?

Yes, hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free and discounted products. Our consultants will guide you through the process and provide fun and interactive cooking demonstrations for you and your guests. Plus, as a host, you can earn exclusive host rewards and discounts.

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not happy with your product, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Our limited lifetime warranty also covers any defects or damages to our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nikked
  • pchefinski
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • sandilou