• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sip & Dip on Wed - Needs "Dip" Ideas Fast

In summary, Kim is doing her first Sip & Dip show Wednesday night. She is so overwhelmed by the number of dip recipes she has found that she doesn't know what to do. She thought she would do the new Brie (sp?) cheese recipe but would like to do maybe 2 other dips. She asks for advice on what to do. Suggestions include a cold dip, a sweet dip, and a dip with chips. She is just a dump and taste kind of person in the kitchen and doesn't know of a particular recipe for this. She does find a recipe for a cream cheese ball with sprinkles using the new sprinkles and chips. She will try to find a recipe
jrny2001
Silver Member
I'm doing my first Sip & Dip show Wednesday night. I am so overwhelmed by the number of dip recipes I have found that I don't know what to do. I thought I would do the new Brie (sp?) cheese recipe but would like to do maybe 2 other dips?
Please help. All advice welcomed!!!:confused:

Do you need one to demo or just to serve?

Want cold ones since you are doing the Brie (hot)

What about a sweet dip?

Make the cream cheese ball using our new sprinkles and roll in chopped crushed vanilla wafers. Serve with vanilla wafers. (mini ones are the cutest!)

Dill Dip and pretzels

Southwestern Dip and tortillas

I LOVE the Touch Down Taco Dip! It's fairly quick, easy to demo, tastes great, and football season is coming up so it might be good to show it off for potential bookings.

I thought I would demo them. Put one out to eat while I was making the other one?
I don't know why I'm getting so overwhelmed by this. Hopefully they will be "sipping" a lot and not even notice if I make a fool of myself!!:D

KellyTheChef said:
What about a sweet dip?

Make the cream cheese ball using our new sprinkles and roll in chopped crushed vanilla wafers. Serve with vanilla wafers. (mini ones are the cutest!)
Ok. Where do I find this recipe??

don't forget the Chipotle Ranch Dip - all the host needs is a cup of mayo and a cup of sour cream...every time I make this at a show (and, btw, it takes about 3 seconds literally) I end up selling TONS of it -- and since it is a consumable item they will come back fo rmore!!

jrny2001 said:
Ok. Where do I find this recipe??
I am just a dump and taste kind of person in the kitchen. I don't know of a particular recipe for this.

8 oz. cream cheese softened
powdered sugar to taste
caramel or cinnamon sprinkles to taste

I will try and see if I can find some sort of a recipe with measurements for you! ;)

Here is something you could adapt and use the sprinkles with...I would not add chocolate chips...they would probaby overpower the flavor of the sprinkles...

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
Submitted by: Kim
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 391 members Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 3 Hours 20 Minutes
Yields: 32 servings

"A sweet switch from the usual cheese ball. Cream cheese and butter are sweetened and blended with miniature chocolate chips, then rolled in chopped pecans."
INGREDIENTS:
1 (8 ounce) package cream
cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving.

You could roll it in nuts...but if there's a nut allergy, I would roll it in crushed vanilla wafers or graham crackers and serve with whatever you roll it in!

I feel a little foolish here (lost, duh), help me understand do I roll the balls in either/or the new cinnamon sprinkle or caramel sprinkle. Or do I add the sprinkles to the mix and then roll in vanilla wafers or graham crackers.

Also, how much of the sprinkles do you add.

Also, I omit the chips, right.

Thanks

vtchef said:
I feel a little foolish here (lost, duh), help me understand do I roll the balls in either/or the new cinnamon sprinkle or caramel sprinkle. Or do I add the sprinkles to the mix and then roll in vanilla wafers or graham crackers.

Also, how much of the sprinkles do you add.

Also, I omit the chips, right.

Thanks
Yes...omit the chips.

I would leave out the brown sugar and add 1/2 cup of sprinkles instead? (You will need to taste it to see if you need to add more...)

Then, once it's chilled and you make it into a ball (use Saran Wrap to form it without making a complete mess of your hands!) then roll it into crushed vanilla wafers or graham crumbs.

Or, it would look good to roll the finished ball in whatever flavor sprinkles you use, too! I just figured it would "go" nicely if you rolled it in whatever you were serving it with. The mini wafers are cute, as are the graham sticks for something like this!

HTH

Never feel foolish...I am so used to just "winging" it that I forget not everyone cooks/bakes like I do!! :blushing:

BTW- Whoever tests this out better pass along the results to the rest of us!! I would try it, but I made those truffle brownie bites just last night and I certainly don't need another yummy dessert sitting around here for me to eat!! LOL

Thank you so much for the great tips. I will make the cheese ball tomorrow and see how it goes.

Do you think 3 dips is too much?

Will the Brie thing, the taco dip and the cheese ball flow well together?
I was thinking along the line as an elegant dip, casual dip for football Sunday's and a dessert dip.

One of my go-to recipes is the Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip. Uses the chopper, garlic press, measure-all cup, batter bowl, and the "spoonula" (I always forget what that thing is called!) I mico it in the mini oval baker.....awesome for a show!!!

Thanks so much Kelly.

I'm going to try to make the Sweet Caramel/Sweet Cinnamon balls for Thursday evening, I have a bunch of friends/family coming over.

I will let you know how they came out.

Thanks guys for the ideas I have a show at the end of the month and there is going to be about 20 people there and its my first show! I think dips will be best cause it quick and easy.

Tried the SCS Cheese Ball:thumbup:

So I checked and had everything on hand. Used the:
8 oz Cream Cheese
1 stick butter
3/4 c powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla ext.
1/2 c sweet caramel sprinkles

Mixed it all together. Wasn't bad. Maybe a little on the sweet side.
I bet it would be great with green apples.
I've got it chilling in the fridge now so I'll see how it tastes in the morning. The caramel sprinkles give it a surprising crunch. We'll see how well the crunch holds up.
More to follow in morning.

LOL, you might have been better off picking 5 and having us vote on our favorites.

Last edited:
And the result was...So, after chilling all night, the SCS cheese ball was ok. Less sweet than last night when I tasted it after it was just mixed. The sprinkles stayed crunchy. I did roll the ball in more sprinkles, it looked nice.
I had it with some biscut cookies (all I had in the house). Wasn't crazy about them together. I still think it would be awesome with green apples!

I think the recipe might need to be tweeked a bit. Or, maybe it was just me. I'd like to know how it went for the rest of you.

What is the "Sip & Dip on Wed" event?

The "Sip & Dip on Wed" event is a weekly virtual gathering hosted by Pampered Chef where guests can learn new recipes and tips for making delicious dips and beverages.

When does the "Sip & Dip on Wed" event take place?

The "Sip & Dip on Wed" event takes place every Wednesday at 7pm EST.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to attend the "Sip & Dip on Wed" event?

No, the "Sip & Dip on Wed" event is open to everyone. Whether you're a Pampered Chef consultant, a customer, or just interested in learning new recipes, you're welcome to join us.

What type of "dip" ideas will be shared at the "Sip & Dip on Wed" event?

At the "Sip & Dip on Wed" event, we share a variety of dip ideas, including hot dips, cold dips, sweet dips, and savory dips. We also share ideas for dips that are perfect for entertaining or for everyday snacking.

Do I need to purchase Pampered Chef products to participate in the "Sip & Dip on Wed" event?

No, while we do use Pampered Chef products in our demonstrations, you do not need to purchase them to participate in the event. You can use any similar products you have on hand to make the dips and beverages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • dldunphy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
Staci