1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Single Serving Hot Cocoa Spoons?

1. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

My director was telling us about a way to make single serve hot cocoa spoons using the small bamboo spoons. She said there was even a cute little poem/label for it but she can't find the directions or label anymore. Does anyone else know how do to this? It was basically melting chocolate then dipping the spoon in it. Then to use it you would heat up a cup of milk, stir and the chocolate would melt turning it into hot cocoa. I already tried looking it up on the files here and couldn't find anything.

Nov 11, 2009
  2. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

:thumbup: bumping this up - I would like to do something like this for Valentine's day - maybe use white chocolate or even dye it pink??

Jan 12, 2010
  3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I don't have a poem or anything, but I did try this around Christmas. What I found that with the melting chocolates (Wilton's), I couldn't get the spoon to look pretty. I used Chocolate Bark (Kroger brand), and the spoons looked pretty, but the result after melting in milk wasn't that great. I did use the big coffee and more mugs which probably explains why it wasn't very chocolate-y, but I also found that the chocolate bark flaked more than just plain melted and dissolved into the milk.

Jan 12, 2010
  4. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

I think this was an idea a few years back when the small bamboo spoons came out. It was used as a gift topper to go on top of a package. I don't recall a poem, but then again, I don't remember what day it is sometimes!!

Jan 12, 2010
  5. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

Thanks Noora - I'll have to try one. Maybe if I used white chocolate w/ a little red sugar or a few red hots. I could advertise them to be used with coffee?

Jan 12, 2010
  6. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

You can find directions on how to make chocolate dipped spoons all over the internet. The reason I posted was specifically to see if I could find that poem. I think white chocolate with those little pink or red sugar crystal spinkles would be cute and milk (or dark) chocolate with white non parriels (sp???).

Jan 12, 2010
  7. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

For Christmas i always buy gold or silver plastic spoons
    dip them in melted dark chocolate chips and sprinkled the heath toffee bits

Jan 12, 2010
  8. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

YUMMMMM!:love::love::love:

Jan 13, 2010
  9. kaiser

kaiser Member Gold Member