• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simplify Your Business with Easy Weeknight Meal Tips from Laura Morris

In summary, Laura Morris no longer does the Power cooking shows, but now does Easy weeknight meals. She recommends the "5 essentials" for cooking, which are chopper, mandoline, stoneware (rectangular baker is $44), cookware, and knives. She says that magazines are for entertainment, and we are not in the entertainment business. She says that we are not employees, but independent contractors, and that we make a commission on the sales we make.
Kodeysmom
Gold Member
Here is some more info passed down from my director from Laura Morris. She no longer does the Power cooking shows but now does Easy weeknight meals. Enjoy.

Attachments

• SIMPLIFY YOUR BIZ Conference Call 5-07.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 483
Kodeysmom said:
Here is some more info passed down from my director from Laura Morris. She no longer does the Power cooking shows but now does Easy weeknight meals. Enjoy.

What are the "5 essentials" she refers to?

dannyzmom said:
What are the "5 essentials" she refers to?

Chopper, Mandoline, Stoneware (Rectangular Baker $44), Cookware, Knives

Thanks so much for sharing this. It has so much great info. I am So bad about taking too much with me... and I'm trying to change so this is especially helpful.

Oh my. I'll have to find this later and read it. I always, always take too much stuff. Tuesday night I took the App. Plates and Caddy set, 2 trifle bowls (one full of decorations), rectangle platter, small bowls and caddy, 9x13 baker with brownie in it, small batter bowl with layered brownie mix (sold two), classic batter bowl filled with baking stuff (from the mini catalog, sold two), SA small square plate, oven mits, placemat and napkin and napkin holder, large round stone with handles, cutting board (sold at least twp), FC 3 1/2" paring knife, measure-all, two 8" saute pans, EAD (used it and sold two), RUFTH trivet (sold two to one lady), four host packets (12 catalogs just with those), 15 catalogs and order forms, all the cookbooks and my laptop. I knew it was bad, but after typing all of this, I absolutely can't believe I did that! One December booking and one November booking. Only came home with 3 order forms, and 9 catalogs, and two host packets (with 6 catalogs). It was still ridiculous on the way out. I had three helpers getting the stuff to the car.

Last edited:
Wow! Powerful stuff!

I especially like where she said magazines are for entertainment...we are not in the entertainment business! I am weak when it comes to asking for contact info, but I am actively changing that...gets easier each time I do it!

I ask for phone numbers because it never fails that something is wrong with an order, and I don't have the person's number and I can't get ahold of the host. That is what I tell the guest/customer. It's the truth. I really don't want to call people who don't want to be called, but sometimes I have to call them.

I love the power kit!!! Pare down ladies!

JAE said:
Oh my. I'll have to find this later and read it. I always, always take too much stuff. Tuesday night I took the App. Plates and Caddy set, 2 trifle bowls (one full of decorations), rectangle platter, small bowls and caddy, 9x13 baker with brownie in it, small batter bowl with layered brownie mix (sold two), classic batter bowl filled with baking stuff (from the mini catalog, sold two), SA small square plate, oven mits, placemat and napkin and napkin holder, large round stone with handles, cutting board (sold at least twp), FC 3 1/2" paring knife, measure-all, two 8" saute pans, EAD (used it and sold two), RUFTH trivet (sold two to one lady), four host packets (12 catalogs just with those), 15 catalogs and order forms, all the cookbooks and my laptop. I knew it was bad, but after typing all of this, I absolutely can't believe I did that! One December booking and one November booking. Only came home with 3 order forms, and 9 catalogs, and two host packets (with 6 catalogs). It was still ridiculous on the way out. I had three helpers getting the stuff to the car.
I understand, this is my biggest struggle, is not taking to much stuff! After 8 1/2 years, I still struggle with this!

The doc that is shared here is really great but I do have to make one comment.

We do not get a PAYCHECK! That wording is NOT from Home Office. They make a big point at new director training and director training days and other venues where HO people are doing the training that we cannot call our commission checks payckecks. Paycheck implies that we are employees and we are not. We are independent contractors.

We are not to say we are offering someone a job either - we are offering them a business opportunity.

We are not to say we earn $___ per hour. We earn a commission on the sales we make. Saying we earn per hour implies employment. You must refer to this as I make ___% of sales so at Mary's show which was $___ in sales I made $____ . I put about 4-5 hours into the show so you can see we are well compensated!

These examples are some of the things that we need to be careful about when sharing information about the business. They are all rules of the DSA of which Pampered Chef is a member.

[edit: This post was in no way meant to put down the person who posted the thread and the file! I am just stating information that is important for all of us to know. I plan to use a modified version of the file. THANKS for posting.]

Thanks for sharing and I will read and keep for myself or modify as Beth has stated.Thanks again!!!! I like it - I lug WAY too much!

Thanks so much for sharing the flyer! I love it.

What does she make for the Easy Weeknight Meals? Does she have the recipe already prepared or prepares at the show?

I know I need to pare down also. Between age, weight and lugging too much, I am feeling it and I want to keep doing this business for years to come! Thanks for sharing. I love it and will share with my team!

ChefJeniLobdell said:
What does she make for the Easy Weeknight Meals? Does she have the recipe already prepared or prepares at the show?

I wondered the same thing, especially when she talks about carbs! What is she making/bringing!?

i do have the recipes as well. I cannot attach them right now i but i promise to get back on here tonight and post the. I think she has a beef, pork, and chicken file.

Great. Thanks so much! I will be looking for those later.

Thanks for this information, I'm going to try and read it over tonight as I don't have a show. I'm a 5 trip back and forth to the car person, so this will probably help me allot.

I'm looking forward to seeing this recipes.

Lisa

here are the recipesHere are all the recipe files that she sent.

Attachments

• Easy Weeknight Meals recipes.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 460
  • Easy WMeals - Pork Tenderloin.doc
    24 KB · Views: 307
  • Easy WMeals -Taco Ring.doc
    21 KB · Views: 317
  • Easy WMeals -Taco Soup.doc
    21 KB · Views: 303
Thanks for posting the recipes Freedom!

Related to Simplify Your Business with Easy Weeknight Meal Tips from Laura Morris

1. How can I save time on weeknight meals?

One easy way to save time on weeknight meals is to plan ahead. Take some time over the weekend to plan out your meals for the week and do any necessary prep work, such as chopping vegetables or marinating meat. This will save you time and stress during the busy weeknights.

2. What are some quick and easy meal ideas for busy weeknights?

Some quick and easy meal ideas for busy weeknights include sheet pan dinners, one pot meals, and stir-fries. These types of meals require minimal prep and clean up, making them perfect for hectic weeknights.

3. How can I make mealtime less stressful?

To make mealtime less stressful, try involving your family in meal prep and clean up. This can help lighten the load and make mealtime more enjoyable. You can also try batch cooking, where you prepare multiple meals at once and freeze them for later use.

4. What is the best way to simplify my grocery shopping?

One way to simplify grocery shopping is to make a list before you go. This will help you stay organized and stick to a budget. You can also try shopping online and having your groceries delivered, or use a meal delivery service that provides pre-portioned ingredients for easy meal prep.

5. How can I incorporate healthier options into my weeknight meals?

To incorporate healthier options into your weeknight meals, try adding more vegetables to your dishes or swapping out processed ingredients for whole foods. You can also experiment with different cooking methods, such as grilling or roasting, to add flavor without adding extra calories.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kodeysmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JAE
  • Chef Kearns