• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sigh of Relief (Non-Pampered Chef)

In summary, your little guy has only one thing that he wanted for Christmas - a Lionel Polar Express Train Set. He has an advertisement for it from Target that he has been carrying around for a couple weeks, and he even sleeps with it. The add is tattered and torn, but he still insists on carrying it everywhere! His heart has been so set on it - he talks about it all the time (keep in mind he is only 3 1/2) and tells us that it's the only thing he is asking Santa for...We were trying to figure out how to let him down easy about it, because for several reasons - monetary, age appropriateness, storage, etc... - we weren't going to get it
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
My little guy has only one thing that he wanted for Christmas - a Lionel Polar Express Train Set. He has an advertisement for it from Target that he has been carrying around for a couple weeks, and he even sleeps with it. The add is tattered and torn, but he still insists on carrying it everywhere! His heart has been so set on it - he talks about it all the time (keep in mind he is only 3 1/2) and tells us that it's the only thing he is asking Santa for...We were trying to figure out how to let him down easy about it, because for several reasons - monetary, age appropriateness, storage, etc... - we weren't going to get it for him. We've been talking it through, and partially because my check is GINORMOUS this month :)D ) we decided to get it for him. DH stopped at Target last night on his way home from work to get it, but they didn't have any. I got online, and no Targets in all of Michigan had any in stock, and it wasn't available online - one for double the price, but not that one. So we were back to figuring out how to disappoint him gently. Then I did a larger web search and found it - of all places - at Linens and Things! PLUS I found a coupon at Walletbuddy.com to get 20% off, so we actually were able to get it cheaper than at Target! I was able to order it online, and have it ready for pickup at the local store. I just now got the email saying it was ready for pickup!I can't wait to see his face on Christmas Morning!

That is so cool! You KNOW he'll remember this Christmas for a long time.And won't you and DH have fun playing with it with him? :D

We'll all have fun!

Interestingly enough - he doesn't like to watch the movie - it scares him! But he wants that train so bad!

The age for it is 8 and up, but as we talked about it, we realized that alot of his favorite toys are not really age appropriate for him - he won't touch the ones that are!

The other toy he is getting is a set of K'nex - also not age appropriate!

Sounds like a great toy and for his age it should work. Here is a review someone put on Amazon:
We bought this train for our 4 year old son for Christmas. We were worried about it being too old for him, but he wanted a 'Polar Express train' so badly. We tried it and it is perfect! We are so pleased with this train. The quality is incredible. The lights come on when the train runs. We run it on the carpet because it comes with the track raised on its own plastic platform (we were worried about having to build something up to run it ont he carpet). The whistle you can make it do sounds like a real train- although softer :). The people it comes with are realistic and have holes on their feet for putting on top of the train or in the back of the cars- our son loves to play with it. We couldn't have asked for better. Although a little expensive- well worth the money. Lionel got this one on the mark!!

climbercanoe3 said:
Sounds like a great toy and for his age it should work.

Here is a review someone put on Amazon:
We bought this train for our 4 year old son for Christmas. We were worried about it being too old for him, but he wanted a 'Polar Express train' so badly. We tried it and it is perfect! We are so pleased with this train. The quality is incredible. The lights come on when the train runs. We run it on the carpet because it comes with the track raised on its own plastic platform (we were worried about having to build something up to run it ont he carpet). The whistle you can make it do sounds like a real train- although softer :). The people it comes with are realistic and have holes on their feet for putting on top of the train or in the back of the cars- our son loves to play with it. We couldn't have asked for better. Although a little expensive- well worth the money. Lionel got this one on the mark!!

Keri-Lyn,

Thanks so much for finding that review! It settles any lingering doubts we might have had! This sounds like it will be perfect for him - we loved the fact that it came with the figurines!
I can't wait to show DH this post!:D

that is awesome Becky!!:D :D
I just got my 8yo son an action figure that we have been struggling to get - he's wanted it since summer and we've NEVER seen it before. It's a green clone star wars action figure. His friend told him about, but we've never been able to find one. Ebay is wonderful for filling my kids wishes this time of year!!:thumbup:

That is awesome!!! I hope he enjoys it!! Video it for sure!!

My DS was 4 last Christmas and we got him a Lionel Train set. He loves it! This year he wants a Diesel Locomotive and Freight Cars for it. At least this is a toy that they can grow old with.

Glad you found his gift, he'll be so happy when he opens it up!

My sister is trying to get all the Rose Petal Cottage stuff for my neice. All the stores locally and online have been out of certain items that they need. And Ebay was horrific prices. I finally found one item (that we couldn't even find a listing for anywhere else, even online) on Walmart.com and having it delivered to the store (beware of these options, it's going to take 2-3 weeks to get it in the store!) and one on Amazon for the exact price that it was in the store plus I got free shipping when I added my brother's present (saved $10 on the gift and $7 on shipping). I'm starting to love online shopping, so convient and my sister was really excited when I told her I found both items for her!

I did mention that we could turn around and make a good profit on both of them on ebay! :rolleyes:

pamperedlinda said:
My DS was 4 last Christmas and we got him a Lionel Train set. He loves it! This year he wants a Diesel Locomotive and Freight Cars for it. At least this is a toy that they can grow old with.

That was what we figured - and there are always add-ons! Love that!

And good to know that your DS loves his too!

Cool Becky...he will play with it for years!

Thanks to Ann on here, Santa is bringing Evan a wooden train set (Thomas compatible) along with 120+ pieces AND a TABLE...that was one of our first Christmas buys. I think we got it in September or earlier! $74 including tax...I am so stoked about Christmas morning now! Sounds like both of our boys will be IN LOVE with their Santa gifts!

KellyTheChef said:
Cool Becky...he will play with it for years!

Thanks to Ann on here, Santa is bringing Evan a wooden train set (Thomas compatible) along with 120+ pieces AND a TABLE...that was one of our first Christmas buys. I think we got it in September or earlier! $74 including tax...I am so stoked about Christmas morning now! Sounds like both of our boys will be IN LOVE with their Santa gifts!

That is an INCREDIBLE price!!!

It's so much fun to be more excited about your kids faces on Christmas Morning than about any gifts you might get, isn't it?

My son got the imaginarium train set and table for his 3rd birthday this year and loves it!!
For christmas he want the Power wheels Jeep hurricane with the Monster Traction. My husband piced it up last week at walmart and was the same price that Toys are us had them on sale for. This is all he has talked about so i cannot wait to see his face when he sees it.

I would take a picture of him sleeping with the ad...save the ad...keep it with his keepsakes...of course, not somewhere he can find it before he finds out otherwise about Santa. Too cute! Then of course, a picture Christmas morning to finish off the keepsake!

Oh how I miss those days...

ChefBeckyD said:
That was what we figured - and there are always add-ons! Love that!

And good to know that your DS loves his too!
Just be prepared to have train tracks running ALL OVER THE HOUSE!!! It's fun to watch them (DH & DS) play with it though.

My 3 1/2 yr old loves trains - especially Thomas! He has the imaginarium table with the wooden train set, along with the Thomas characters that are compatible with it. Then, the boys also got a huge Thomas train set for Christmas last year (2 of them actually, but we returned one. lol) It won't even fit on the train table, so we're trying to talk everyone out of trains this year. We're getting him some Thomas themed toys, movies (he has just about every one now), and clothes but he has enough trains for now! :)

Glad you were able to find that set for you DS! I'm actually watching Polar Express right now... DS loves it, so I recorded it on the DVR earlier this week. I think this is at least the 10th time we've watched it! lol

Becky,
That sounds so exciting! My daughter tells anyone who will listen that she wants a kitchen and a kitchen table for Christmas. I prob. hear her say it 20+ times a day. My in-laws got her the kitchen. I am still working on the table. We are celebrating this weekend w/ my in-laws. I can't wait to see her face. It is these moments that makes motherhood so wonderful. ENJOY!!
Layla

I'm so glad you found the set for him. He is going to be so excited, it sure sounds like he deserves it. So sweet that he carries around the ad:)

ahammons said:
My 3 1/2 yr old loves trains - especially Thomas! He has the imaginarium table with the wooden train set, along with the Thomas characters that are compatible with it. Then, the boys also got a huge Thomas train set for Christmas last year (2 of them actually, but we returned one. lol) It won't even fit on the train table, so we're trying to talk everyone out of trains this year. We're getting him some Thomas themed toys, movies (he has just about every one now), and clothes but he has enough trains for now! :)

Glad you were able to find that set for you DS! I'm actually watching Polar Express right now... DS loves it, so I recorded it on the DVR earlier this week. I think this is at least the 10th time we've watched it! lol

Mine has the movies too - the one I find most irritating is the full-length feature film w/ Alec Baldwin, and that little girl (although not so little in the Thomas movie) from Mrs. Doubtfire....that movie makes me cringe!

Kitchen2u said:
I would take a picture of him sleeping with the ad...save the ad...keep it with his keepsakes...of course, not somewhere he can find it before he finds out otherwise about Santa. Too cute! Then of course, a picture Christmas morning to finish off the keepsake!

Oh how I miss those days...

I hadn't thought of taking a picture of him sleeping with the ad - GREAT idea, and will add so much to the telling of the story!:thumbup:

laylaleigh said:
Becky,
That sounds so exciting! My daughter tells anyone who will listen that she wants a kitchen and a kitchen table for Christmas. I prob. hear her say it 20+ times a day. My in-laws got her the kitchen. I am still working on the table. We are celebrating this weekend w/ my in-laws. I can't wait to see her face. It is these moments that makes motherhood so wonderful. ENJOY!!
Layla

Layla,

Same toy, different story here at our house! There isn't a person he comes in contact with that doesn't know what he wants for Christmas!
Have fun this weekend!

What is Sigh of Relief?

Sigh of Relief is a non-Pampered Chef product that is designed to provide a calming and relaxing experience. It is a handheld device that emits a gentle vibration and soothing scent to help relieve stress and tension.

How does Sigh of Relief work?

Sigh of Relief has a built-in motor that creates a gentle vibration when turned on. It also comes with a refillable cartridge that contains a blend of essential oils known for their calming properties. When the device is turned on, the essential oils are released along with the vibration to create a calming sensation.

What type of essential oils are used in Sigh of Relief?

The essential oil blend used in Sigh of Relief includes lavender, chamomile, and ylang-ylang. These oils are known for their ability to promote relaxation and reduce stress and anxiety.

Is Sigh of Relief safe to use?

Yes, Sigh of Relief is completely safe to use. The essential oils used are all-natural and the device has been tested for safety. However, we recommend checking with a doctor if you have any specific health concerns or allergies.

How do I clean and maintain Sigh of Relief?

To clean Sigh of Relief, simply wipe it with a damp cloth. Be sure to avoid getting water into the openings of the device. When not in use, store Sigh of Relief in a cool, dry place. The cartridge can be refilled with essential oils as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl