• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sick and Tired of Not Getting Any Bookings!!Please Help

In summary, Lara is dealing with a lack of bookings and feels discouraged. She has learned to call and network and is hopeful for the future.
LCOLACHICO
I am getting by with having my needed 150.00 for required active consultant.
But I am tired of having very few booking and no leads from my shows..
Each and every one of the shows i have done.. Everyone including the host says how much they love me and the show I have shared with them.. The shows I have done have few guest but I think it has a good turn out.. About $300. or so before tx and sh..

What am I doing wrong.. I offer to do a show for them and they get excited to learn all about the free product.. but not one booking !!!:(

I have called all my family and friends and have asked them to help me by booking a show or even doing a catalog show and ... poop

I do not want to sound like a dud, but O my I am getting bummed.. any advice
thank you

i'm going to pass on a little advice i recieved from someone on here awhile back, think positive always, she said when her calendar is empty she looks at it as it is full and you know once i started thinking more positive about my business things started happening. so positive thinking does work. i am getting ready this weekend to do my first show since this, and then just set up my first fundraiser for next month scheduled another party and then will be getting a catalog booking from that party and also, do a health fair next thursday!

This thread had a lot of good suggestions, esp. from Scott. http://www.chefsuccess.com/f2/how-get-bookings-36662/

Also---if you go up to the top where it says "search" click there, and type in booking ideas, or bookings, and you will get a lot of great info.

Step outside your comfort zone, it works! Good Luck!

I am dealing with this now. I usually do 9-11 shows a month. I had a seriously ill son in February and found myself with ZERO cooking shows for March. So here is what I had to relearn:

*Craft shows and flea markets are a great way to generate new business.
*Drive around town and look for flyers near your community center and parks.
*Pamper a Business (look under search in toolbar).
*Does your answering machine say Hi...Also the home office of_____Independendent consultant w/ the Pampered Chef" ? (mine has, but it makes me cringe when I hear barely understandable 2 year olds on consultants machines.)
*Do you offer Theme shows, kitchen tips, how to save money and FUN!?
*Do you advertise your business with a car sticker or yourself with logo clothing.
*Ask yourself: Am I informing or inviting? INVITE, don't just inform. (I still need to work on this)
*Are you really doing 3-2-1 calls?

I picked up the phone, bought a car sticker and asked around. I ended up with $5,600 for the March. Most of it was catalog shows that I asked past customers and friends to do for me. The other was roll over shows from February.

I've learned I can't take no's personally. I let everyone know why I needed to work more (to pay my mortgage and car payment). I have one hostess that had a $444 catalog show with 4 bookings that I closed April 1st. She even went to those 4 hosts home, showed them products and collected orders. So far that has generated a total of $2,100 in sales that I would not of had unless I asked for help.

Obviously, I tried to re-recruit her. She doesn't want to sell, but loves that she could help me like I helped her. Yes, I am blessed. That is what this job is to me...a complete blessing.

So far I have built May up to 9 Cooking shows and 4 catalog shows.

*It is hard getting on the phone. I have a sign on my wall that my director wrote years ago when I was complaining about no one calling me back. It says:

It is not their job to call you. It is your job to call them.

Call. Call. Call.

Good Luck!!

Lara, your email sounds like my situation exactly. Everyone tells me what a great time they had a the parties, and brag about how much they love the products, but no bookings!! My show sales are pretty good, I just can't get anyone to have a show, not even a catalog show. I went to lunch with my director last week and did some soul searching because I seem to have lost my enthusiasm because of how things have been going. It really came down to doing the Customer Care Calls (which I am having such a hard time with...I hate phone calls). But I realized I need to bite the bullet and just do it otherwise my business will suffer. I went through the website and listened to some of the training they have on this. Yesterday I began making my 3 calls a day. I got one "not interested", one "were going out of town, call back at the end of the month" and one "call me back on Friday", she wants to book but needed to find a good time. I got home late tonight so I didn't get a chance to make the calls today. But this is where we need to go for bookings if we aren't getting them at the shows. I have only been a consultant for about 8 months and have a decent number of past customers to get me going. If we want the bookings, we need to work for them as they don't come that easy (for most of us).

Chefgirl2 said:
*It is hard getting on the phone. I have a sign on my wall that my director wrote years ago when I was complaining about no one calling me back. It says:

Call. Call. Call.

Good Luck!!

I LOVE IT!!!
I just printed it up and am putting it up on my office wall!!

Attachments

• It is not their job to call you Its your job to call them.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 469
You would print this sign in In your face red! I absolutely need to get on the phone - that is one thing that I have never done :eek:

dannyzmom said:
I LOVE IT!!!

That was told to us at our regional meeting too...

Along with some stuff I am putting below...remember if they say "no" to booking a show, ask for a referral!

pushy /adj.
1. excessively self-assertive
2. selfishly determined to succeed

- getting in personal space
- calling them 3 times a day!

pushover/ n. colloq
1. A person who can easily be overcome, persuaded, etc.

- don’t attempt to make contact
- cannot respond to a “no”
- don’t have enough believe and doubt yourself
- uncomfortable asking a second or third time

Don’t be pushy or a pushover!

Everyone wants to connect and we all benefit
- Initiate the contact!
People value recommendations.
- Recommend what they need!

“Asking is a gracious invitation.” – Doris Christopher

Chefgirl2 said:
I am dealing with this now. I usually do 9-11 shows a month. I had a seriously ill son in February and found myself with ZERO cooking shows for March. So here is what I had to relearn:

*Craft shows and flea markets are a great way to generate new business.
*Drive around town and look for flyers near your community center and parks.
*Pamper a Business (look under search in toolbar).
*Does your answering machine say Hi...Also the home office of_____Independendent consultant w/ the Pampered Chef" ? (mine has, but it makes me cringe when I hear barely understandable 2 year olds on consultants machines.)
*Do you offer Theme shows, kitchen tips, how to save money and FUN!?
*Do you advertise your business with a car sticker or yourself with logo clothing.
*Ask yourself: Am I informing or inviting? INVITE, don't just inform. (I still need to work on this)
*Are you really doing 3-2-1 calls?

I picked up the phone, bought a car sticker and asked around. I ended up with $5,600 for the March. Most of it was catalog shows that I asked past customers and friends to do for me. The other was roll over shows from February.

I've learned I can't take no's personally. I let everyone know why I needed to work more (to pay my mortgage and car payment). I have one hostess that had a $444 catalog show with 4 bookings that I closed April 1st. She even went to those 4 hosts home, showed them products and collected orders. So far that has generated a total of $2,100 in sales that I would not of had unless I asked for help.

Obviously, I tried to re-recruit her. She doesn't want to sell, but loves that she could help me like I helped her. Yes, I am blessed. That is what this job is to me...a complete blessing.

So far I have built May up to 9 Cooking shows and 4 catalog shows.

Call. Call. Call.

Good Luck!!

Thanks for this Elaine.

PChefRenee said:
Lara, your email sounds like my situation exactly. Everyone tells me what a great time they had a the parties, and brag about how much they love the products, but no bookings!! My show sales are pretty good, I just can't get anyone to have a show, not even a catalog show. I went to lunch with my director last week and did some soul searching because I seem to have lost my enthusiasm because of how things have been going. It really came down to doing the Customer Care Calls (which I am having such a hard time with...I hate phone calls). But I realized I need to bite the bullet and just do it otherwise my business will suffer. I went through the website and listened to some of the training they have on this. Yesterday I began making my 3 calls a day. I got one "not interested", one "were going out of town, call back at the end of the month" and one "call me back on Friday", she wants to book but needed to find a good time. I got home late tonight so I didn't get a chance to make the calls today. But this is where we need to go for bookings if we aren't getting them at the shows. I have only been a consultant for about 8 months and have a decent number of past customers to get me going. If we want the bookings, we need to work for them as they don't come that easy (for most of us).

Thanks for your encouragement. Getting on the phone really does help and when you have the mindset that you are servicing your customers when you make these calls it will come across a lot smoother rather than desperate.

So, as you've started making these calls... what are your words you use?

Congrats on picking up the phone and just doing it!!!

Thank you to all .. Everything that has been posted here is full of encouragement and true fullness.
I need to get off my bum and begin callin
:)

Janet's post reminds me of something else from the regional: asking once is polite, asking twice is sincere. Think about when a friend asks you to go to the mall. If you say no, what does she do? "Aw, come on! It'll be fun. You sure you don't want to come?" We're almost programmed to expect that second invitation. Guests at our shows are the same way.

Right there with you guys! I had lost all enthusiasm! Wasn't feeling it all. Then at a meeting the other night we watch a PC video, and I heard on it not to allow negativity to take you out of business!! And that is what I needed to hear! That struck me - and since I have changed my mind set, I have been working my rear off on the phone! Once you change the way you think about things, and think positively everything changes! I have made it a point to get on the phone, and I have amazingly booked a couple more for this month! I have 4 left this month, 3 next month, 1 for July. Just decide that you are not going to allow negativity to take you out, and get on the phone... I love the saiying, it's not their job to call you, it's your job to call them. As much as we hate it... it is true!!! And remembering you have to hear the NO's to get to the YES's. I told my team that when they make 25 calls and track them that we will go for ice cream. So, treat yourself to something, after all you deserve it!!!

Stephanie

That is one of the ways that I got so many bookings per show. I did my fun booking commercial during the show. I would then tell them towards the end how much fun I had with each of them and would truly love to do a show with them, and as they ordered I TOLD the people that I really enjoyed that I had so much fun with them, and it would be so much fun to do a show with you, how about it? I'd let them think, and then would complement them on something that I felt would help them see just how much fun I thought they were, and I'd get LOTS of bookings per show. I think I posted once that I got (depending on the size of the crowd) 3-7 bookings per show...

dannyzmom said:
I LOVE IT!!!
Just printed it!!! Thanks Carolyn!!! :D :thumbup:

My director and I were talking about this the other day. We were saying we feel like a lot of people are hesitant to book a show because they feel like no one has any money or that no one will show up. And, truth be told, it seems like it is hard to get anybody to come to anything these days because everyone seems to be strapped financially and not wanting to spend ridiculous gas prices to go anywhere that isn't a necessity (i.e work, dr appts). So, what do we do about it? Focus on the FREE. Make sure (and I am guilty of this myself) potential hosts know how much our hosts can get for free and at a great discount. Sometimes they need to literally SEE it for it to register. Also, make sure they know that they don't have to have a giant spread for their guests at their party. A lot of them think they have to provide a 4-course meal for their friends. And finally, host coach them to mention to their guests that we are going to talk about how to stretch the dollar and feed the family at less than $5 per serving. I think making the knowledge you're going to provide VALUABLE makes a difference.

I am feeling this too, I am struggling with bookings and have gone through everyone I know to have a party. I feel I am outgoing and enthusiastic and have tried some of the tips from this website, but nothing... People seem excited, but never book. I have phone phobia and am going to the phobe courage seminar at conference because I really need it.
I had a great March and April, but not much for the next few months, 3 for May and 3 for June, I would like to have at least 6. I did make calls and all I got were machines. At our cluster meeting we practiced with each other and called each others cell phones then listened to the message so we could hear what we sounded like ( that did help). After the 5th message I left, my enthusiasm started to fade so I stopped.

twinkie10 said:
Thanks for your encouragement. Getting on the phone really does help and when you have the mindset that you are servicing your customers when you make these calls it will come across a lot smoother rather than desperate.

So, as you've started making these calls... what are your words you use?

Congrats on picking up the phone and just doing it!!!

Since I have just started making phone calls, I really don't have my words down pat yet but I had PC's Customer Call Outline out in front of me. I just called the customer and pretty much used the greeting in the outline (making sure I asked if this was a good time or if she had a few minutes) then I just started talking about the products she ordered (I had their order history in front of me so I could ask about specific items). The calls just seemed to flow somewhat naturally because I was basically calling just to check on them. I told them about the new spring catalog and mentioned about some exciting new theme shows and just a general comment about some fabulous host specials. Then I just came out and asked if she was interested in treating her friends and family to a live cooking demonstration. (I learned from my director that using the word "treating" makes it sound like she will be doing something special for them). This was the hardest part for me because it just feels so bold, but I realized you have to do it. Don't beat around the bush...just come right out and ask...that is the only way to do it. If no, I asked if she would like for me to send her the new catalog (or recipes to compliment a product she bought). Close it up with a thank you for her time and a please call me if I can ever help you with anything. "Let me give you my number so you have it...Do you have a pen handy? to make sure she writes it down. I haven't even gone down the recruiting road yet. I am just happy to have done what I did. What I have done and would recommend is try to find certain "colorful" words or phrases to use in your conversation to make it sound like you are really enthused and will help entice your customer. Things like: "TREATING" your friends and family...", "FUN" cooking demonstration..., "DELICIOUS" new recipes, "EXCITING" new products, "FABULOUS" host specials, "REFRESHING" salads, "WONDERFUL..." "AMAZING..., "INCREDIBLE...", FAST AND EASY..., etc. (There are some ideas on the back of the display cards if you have them). Write the words or phrases down so you have them in front of you when you call. It helps when you are on the phone so you aren't searching for the right words to say. That was why I had the outline in front of me when I made my first call. Some other tips I learned: Stay away from the phrase "book a show", try "have a party" instead. Don't "read" your script, try memorize it, but also just use it as a guide so you can let the call flow naturally. Smile when you talk - maybe have a mirror in front of you. I have heard some people stand or walk around when they are on the call to make it feel more natural. Here I am sounding like an expert (Ha!) and I only have a dozen calls under my belt. But these are all things I picked up from the recordings and such while gearing up for my first call. I am beginning to use them and the calls don't seem so intimidating to me now. Hope this helps. It is good to see that I am not the only one with this obstacle; but let's all work on it so we can be pros and get those bookings!!!!

I have a show tonight, and we are making Aloha Pizza. I am booked for June, so am working on July bookings.

What I did was figure out the $ amount of the products used in the demo, and then figure out how much it would cost to get those same products if you hosted a $500 show in July.

The cost of the products is $310 (I switched a couple products - using SS bowls instead of batter bowls, and using ERMC for measuring and storing the chicken and cheese.)

If you host a show in July, and get the SS Bowls, and the Santoku knife as your 1/2 price items, your total for the same products is $80!.

We are doing an Interactive Show tonight, and I'll lay all of the products out at the end and let people know about the savings they can have!

I don't know if this will help, but I'm going to try it this weekend.
I got this "treasure hunt" from another DS rep. Her group used it as a contest to see who could get the most bookings between "X" date and "X" date.

I just think it seems kind of fun and may put some spark back into me while I'm making calls. I think it will really help me ask for referrals too. The person on the phone may know someone that fits one of the other boxes. If you try this, let me know how it works for you.

Good luck! You can do it!!! :balloon:

Attachments

• treasure hunt for bookings.doc
    38 KB · Views: 414
AMAZING PChefRenee - I LOVE all of your ideas!!! Thanks! :)

I was on a call with Colleen (Finley1991) the other day, and she mentioned an idea that she had gotten of another loop - Happy Hour Shows. Since many people are watching their gas consumption now, offer a show that's from 5 to 6, so people can stop on their way home from work. Demo a fun appetizer, and make a beverage, too (non-alcoholic, since they'll have to get the rest of the way home). Her suggestion was the Greek Torta, made in prep bowls so that everyone can make one and take it home with them.

chefann said:
I was on a call with Colleen (Finley1991) the other day, and she mentioned an idea that she had gotten of another loop - Happy Hour Shows. Since many people are watching their gas consumption now, offer a show that's from 5 to 6, so people can stop on their way home from work. Demo a fun appetizer, and make a beverage, too (non-alcoholic, since they'll have to get the rest of the way home). Her suggestion was the Greek Torta, made in prep bowls so that everyone can make one and take it home with them.

That is genious!:love:

Related to Sick and Tired of Not Getting Any Bookings!!Please Help

What can I do to get more bookings?

One of the best ways to get more bookings is to host a party yourself and invite friends, family, and acquaintances. This allows people to experience the products and learn more about hosting their own party.

How can I reach out to potential hosts?

You can reach out to potential hosts through various methods such as social media, word of mouth, and attending events or networking opportunities. You can also offer incentives for hosting a party, such as free products or discounts.

Why am I not getting any bookings?

There could be a variety of reasons why you are not getting bookings. It could be due to lack of promotion, not reaching out to potential hosts, or not offering enough incentives. It's important to analyze your current strategies and adjust them accordingly.

What resources are available to help me get more bookings?

Pampered Chef offers various resources to help consultants get more bookings, such as training materials, marketing materials, and a support network. You can also reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for advice and tips.

How can I make my parties more successful?

To make your parties more successful, it's important to engage your guests and make the experience fun and interactive. You can also offer special deals and promotions, showcase new products, and offer cooking tips and recipes. Additionally, following up with guests after the party can lead to additional bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattikake45
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Tara-Ann
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kmiller
  • caitynsmom