• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I boost attendance at my low-attended show tonight?

In summary, RoseSmaller shows give you a chance to have real good one on one with the guests. The thing that's important is for the host to not stop trying though...she needs to follow up with the other people she had invited or forgot to invite and see if they'd like to order anything. And if they wanted to come, but couldn't due to their schedules, she needs to encourage them to book a party. ;)
RoseAndrews
I have a show tonight with only 4 confirmed guests. As this is my 2nd show, I am going no matter what, at least for the practice if nothing else :p

Does anyone have good sales/booking tips with low attendance? My director said some of her best bookings come from lower attended shows. I am up for a challenge!

Rose

Smaller shows give you a chance to have real good one on one with the guests. The thing that's important is for the host to not stop trying though...she needs to follow up with the other people she had invited or forgot to invite and see if they'd like to order anything. Those outside orders add up fast and can really help a show. And if they wanted to come, but couldn't due to their schedules, she needs to encourage them to book a party. ;)For the guests there, try to get to know them and find out what their needs are. Have them help you with the recipe so they can try out the products. You pretty much do the same things you do for larger groups, but it's nice with a small one because there's less distractions and the volume will be lower. :D Ask them what their favorite products are, get them selling to each other. Also, every time you use something, try to think of other products that are in their same section/line and products that go well with them--cross-selling.Good luck & have fun! :)

Yes, they may book, but a challenge I have found is getting those bookings to have higher attendance. They saw four so they think they are doing amazing if they have 6. I usually do the shows if the hostess wants to do them. My first show a year ago had one guest in attendance. It did have great sales and a couple of bookings, it just really wasn't a good weekend for that group of people.

lesliec said:
Yes, they may book, but a challenge I have found is getting those bookings to have higher attendance. They saw four so they think they are doing amazing if they have 6.

I always make sure to highlight in my host letter and when host coaching the 5-15-5 goal to ensure the best show results. 5 outside orders, 15 guests in attendance, and 5 after the show outside orders. I especially make this clear at a show with low attendance when I'm talking with someone from that show wanting to host a show of her own. It really helps to give them a definitive goal. Of course some hosts aren't willing to put out the effort but those that do always get well rewarded.

Great tips, one and all. I will let you all know how it turns out. This host has not put in a lot of the effort, but I am sure my coaching could use some tweaking as well.Rose

I have had a few shows with only 4 people that have been $600.+ parties and shows with 11 people that I could hardly squeeze $200. out of. Definitely get the hostess to try to get more outside orders and bookings. My goal is to have fun and get the hostess as much free product as possible. I never let a Hostess cancel because she said that not too many people were coming...and they were glad that I did. :eek:) Good Luck!!

Great attitude and some great advice. I'd call the host and ask her to tell those 4 to bring a couple of friends or family members. Definitely push outside orders as it makes a huge difference.

As mentioned: This will be great practice for you and also give you a chance to connect with everyone. Make it fun and be excited....it'll up your sales and bookings. =)

I had a show with 2 people, almost a year and half ago. And we had a blast....host ended up rocking the outside orders...closed at over $700, both guests booked AND I am still getting referrals from those 3 as the FUN PC lady. ;)

Much success!

I had a show from last weekend that is at $700 right now, and she has two more orders for me. There were 6 buying guests there!! I never cancel shows due to attendance, and this is why!

I've had success challenging the guests who do come, to help collect outside orders. You could offer an incentive prize if they take a catalogue home and come back with £50 of orders and another prize for the person who collects the highest value of orders.

Love all these tips!!Turns out a few people brought friends ( and they were rewarded for it.) So we had 7 people in all! So far we are at $700 and two potential bookings. Like you all have said, you NEVER know!

Thanks for the update! Love a happy ending! Congrats!

I offer door prizes for anyone that arrives with an adult friend. I offer a free rub to a guest that brings an outside order with them. I also offer coupons to my host to help get that attendance up there as well as outside sales. I give her the opportunity to earn an additional $25 in products (on me). It's my 54321 Challenge. I don't know how to upload my document or else I'd show you my coupon I offer.

What qualifies as a "Show With Low Attendance"?

A "Show With Low Attendance" refers to a Pampered Chef party or demonstration that has less than 6 attendees present. This can include in-person shows, virtual shows, or a combination of both.

What should I do if I have a "Show With Low Attendance"?

If you have a "Show With Low Attendance", it is important to still make the most out of the event. Focus on providing a personalized and engaging experience for the guests who did attend. You can also reach out to your host for ideas on how to increase attendance or reschedule for a later date.

Will I still earn commission from a "Show With Low Attendance"?

Yes, you will still earn commission from a "Show With Low Attendance". As long as you have met the minimum sales requirement for the show, you will receive commission based on your sales. However, it is important to address the low attendance and work towards increasing attendance for future shows.

Can I cancel a "Show With Low Attendance"?

If you have less than 6 attendees for a show, you have the option to cancel the show. However, it is recommended to still go through with the show and make the most out of the attendees who are present. Cancelling a show may also affect your commission and future bookings.

What can I do to prevent a "Show With Low Attendance"?

To prevent a "Show With Low Attendance", make sure to actively communicate with your host and guests leading up to the show. Utilize tools such as online invitations and reminders to increase attendance. You can also offer incentives for guests to attend, such as free products or discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • janetgia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • jkinak
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies