• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

'Show' -Difference Between My Story and Why Bag

In summary, the speakers are discussing how they use their personal story and the "Why Bag" in their presentations. They mention that their information sometimes overlaps, but it is important to repeat key information at least three times during the presentation. They also suggest keeping the story short and using the "Why Bag" to highlight the benefits of their business. It is noted that the personal story is about the speaker, while the "Why Bag" is meant to help others see themselves in the business. The speakers also mention that the "Why Bag" can be tailored to different audiences, such as stay-at-home moms or retired individuals.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
I do ' my story' and i do the WHY bag towards the end..but often i find my info. is similarly overlapping..

Is this normal..Or should I be focusing the 'my story on something different...I just don't want to sound so redundant..

I think having them similar is fine. I'm not sure if I learned it from PC training or somewhere else, but you should repeat key info at least 3 times during your presentation.

I share my story mid-show when I'm mixing something. The things in my Why Bag are my goals now and why I'm still with PC... similiar to why I started but different. Hope that makes sense!

Maybe this is better: My Story is why I started PC... my Why Bag is why I stay with PC.

I agree with Colleen about the difference. Why I started (my story) is different than why I stay!(Why bag)

Keep "your story" at the beginning, and keep it short. Then, when you are going over your why bag you will be able to go into more detail. (Since your story/why bag at this point will be the same since you are new!)

Last edited:
My story that I tell after everyone introduces themselves tells them a little bit about me (ie. married, one daughter....blah blah blah) and then tells them about how I got started and about my first show.

When I do my recruiting commercial, I use my Why bag and it tells them about the wonderful things that PC has brought to my life, why I do this, and my goals.

Hope this helps! :D

One other thing to keep in mind is that your story is about you. The Why Bag is so others can see themselves doing it. I'm single with no kinds and I have something in my Why Bag about how great this is for Stay at Home moms and another thing for retired folks.

I haven't started my Why Bag yet but intend to for my next show! I think it a great idea like Kelly and Colleen said the story is for why I started and the why bag is why i stayed... great ideas girls!

What is the difference between "My Story" and "Why Bag" in a Pampered Chef show?

My Story and Why Bag are both parts of a Pampered Chef show that allow the consultant to connect with the audience and share personal experiences. However, there are some key differences between the two.

• My Story: This is the consultant's personal story and journey with Pampered Chef. It usually includes why they joined the company, their favorite products, and how Pampered Chef has impacted their life.
  • Why Bag: This is a demonstration of one of Pampered Chef's most popular products, the Large Zip-Top Utility Tote, and how it can be used in everyday life. The consultant will share different ways to use the bag and how it has made a difference for them.

Do I have to share my personal story in a Pampered Chef show?

No, sharing your personal story is completely optional. Some consultants may feel comfortable sharing their journey with Pampered Chef, while others may prefer to focus on the products and recipes.

Can I choose which products to feature in my Why Bag demonstration?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the flexibility to choose which products you want to feature in your Why Bag demonstration. However, it is recommended to stick to the products that are currently available and popular among customers.

Is it necessary to have a Why Bag demonstration in every Pampered Chef show?

No, it is not necessary to have a Why Bag demonstration in every show. It is up to the consultant's discretion and can depend on the audience and theme of the show. However, the Why Bag is a great way to showcase the versatility and usefulness of Pampered Chef products.

Can I share my personal story and do a Why Bag demonstration in the same show?

Yes, it is possible to include both My Story and Why Bag in the same Pampered Chef show. However, it is important to strike a balance and make sure that the focus is not solely on the consultant, but also on the products and recipes being showcased.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefcharity
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • trps