• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show Cash Guide: How Much Should You Bring?

In summary, this woman brought $20 in smaller bills, $2 in change, and a few coins to her cooking show. She told the audience that she rounds up everyone's order, and if they don't want her to, they can just draw a line through the box.
PCwithStay-C
So I just realised today that I hadnt really thought about how much cash to bring to a show!! I have my first one tomorrow and thought I could get some ideas from everyone else as to what you think is a good amount to have on hand.

I usually try to take around $20-25 in smaller bills, just in case. Not to mention loose change. I rarely have to use it, because mostly they pay by check or credit card. I have talked to some of my clustermates and they don't take any change! I always feel like I should "just in case."

PCwithStay-C said:
So I just realised today that I hadnt really thought about how much cash to bring to a show!! I have my first one tomorrow and thought I could get some ideas from everyone else as to what you think is a good amount to have on hand.
I broke a 20. I brought 2 5's, 8 1's and $2 in change. I actually had someone tell me how impressed she was that I thought to bring change!

I usually bring small bills and a handful of change. But I encourage everyone to round up, so I rarely need the change. :)

I never bring change. I always tell someone who pays in cash that I don't carry change, but that they are more then welcome to give that extra few dollars that they would have received back to RUFTH...

hmmmm I like the RUFTH idea! Maybe I can just conveniently forget that I have change and see if they want to do that :p

I keep $20 in change... 2 fives, 10 ones. Then, I have a bunch of coin change but I really never need it. I should take it out and tell them if they pay cash, they have to round up the cents!

I saw that at conference too at my Cooking Show Live! workshop. She tells them at the end of the show that she Rounds up everyone's order and that if they do not want her to - then just draw a line through the box. I am planning on doing that at my shows from now on.

mpkegley said:
I saw that at conference too at my Cooking Show Live! workshop. She tells them at the end of the show that she Rounds up everyone's order and that if they do not want her to - then just draw a line through the box. I am planning on doing that at my shows from now on.

I was recently at a show where the lady thanked me that I didn't do that! She said she was at a show where the lady automatically rounded up unless you told her not to and how it put everyone in an awkward postion if they didn't want to round up.

Maybe the drawing a line through the box thing wouldn't be so bad though.

Christ Follower said:
I was recently at a show where the lady thanked me that I didn't do that! She said she was at a show where the lady automatically rounded up unless you told her not to and how it put everyone in an awkward postion if they didn't want to round up.

Maybe the drawing a line through the box thing wouldn't be so bad though.

I word it like that as well...I say:

"I will automatically round your order up, so if you want to participate, you don't have to do a thing! It is a voluntary donation, though, so if you don't want to participate, all you have to do is draw a line through that space on the receipt."

That way, they don't feel bad if they don't want to do it. But, most people will...so this is a great way to get more for RUFTH!! It is such an awesome program!

I wondered about that when I was at Conference, but she said that she always give them an "out" by telling them to draw a line through it so that they have a choice.

I just ask everyone while I'm adding up their order if they'd like to round up. I don't finish totaling their orders until they with me & I show them the receipt & say "this is your current total. Would you like to leave it or round up for the food banks?" Most of the time I have people not only round up, but round up a dollar or more.

mpkegley said:
I wondered about that when I was at Conference, but she said that she always give them an "out" by telling them to draw a line through it so that they have a choice.

I like having them draw a line through the box. That way, they don't need to feel awkward saying they don't want to participate because you won't ask about it when you see the line.

katie0128 said:
I like having them draw a line through the box. That way, they don't need to feel awkward saying they don't want to participate because you won't ask about it when you see the line.

Hopefully they're all listening when you say that! That would be my only concern with the "draw the line" thing.

I don't bring any change. I once had to dig in my purse for some change. But most of the time, I just tell them about the RUFTH. This has never been a problem!

I don't bring change either, just what's in my wallet. I do have one regular customer who always pays in cash so when I'm doing a show that she's invited to I'll make a point to bring some.

mpkegley said:

I like that idea. I am gonna print it out & put it in my money bag so I don't forget:rolleyes:

I usually take a 20, a couple of tens, some fives & ones. Most shows when I get cash, it ends up being for a $75-$80 order & they give me a $100 bill:eek: I would like to tell them I don't take anything larger than a $20 but if they are spending that much, I take it with a cautionary thing that its subject to deposit just like a check. Most are ok with that & if they aren't, they give me something smaller.

I usually don't take any cash at all. I have rarely had people pay in cash, and I also have people make their checks out to the host, so if cash becomes an issue I ask them to settle up with the host. So far, no problem, but I think it is smart to take some cash.

I have pockets of people who pay in cash, so I always make sure I have about $25 in small bills and assorted coins. I rarely use the coins, but I feel better having them.

Cool, thanks for everyone opinions. I am so nervous about tomorrow. I feel like Im forgetting everything!!

The few times I didn't bring cash (like when my DH raided my PC bag), that's when I had people needing change! When I have lots of change, everyone brings ck or credit! Go figure!

I have done the draw a line through the RUFTH box. I remember to talk about it because I bring the trivet and talk about RUFTH heart sometime during my show.

I have had one time where people were chatting and not listening when I talked about it. I said to one of the last ladies as she checked out "how much did you want to round up" She says "you mean do I want to round up?" and I asked her what she said because I was surprsied and she repeated & was very short about it . and I said "No, I spoke about it during the show and if you did not want to round up you should put a line through the box." She quietly said "Oh"

As far as cash I kind of quit after I started doing the RUFTH talk and was more consistent about rounding up. I have noticed that now that I talk about it, those with cash will round up at least for the change. I usually try to keep spare dollars in my wallet just in case.

Did all of you who automatically round up unless there is a line drawn through the box get the conference recogintion? (just curious)

I have in the past but last year my year was less than stellar as far as getting out & doing shows. I am actually amazed I earned Level 1. That will be a change for this year though.

Ellen, I think we ran into each other a few times at conference. Had breakfast at the same cafe the first morning? I am the one who had the items stolen out my car. We talked about it on the bus one day. Is that you?

chef_kimmo said:
I have in the past but last year my year was less than stellar as far as getting out & doing shows. I am actually amazed I earned Level 1. That will be a change for this year though.

Ellen, I think we ran into each other a few times at conference. Had breakfast at the same cafe the first morning? I am the one who had the items stolen out my car. We talked about it on the bus one day. Is that you?

Yes! That's right! That is so cool knowing that now I am "chatting" with people I have actually met. I remember talking with you on the bus, but I forgot about the cafe. You were there the morning we were passing my bacon around right? :)

I have always carried change to shows. I do not need it often but it is nice to have. I have one of the change bags from an old vendor. I also keep my pens in the bag. It stays in my breif case so I do not have to think to remember it.

Christ Follower said:
Yes! That's right! That is so cool knowing that now I am "chatting" with people I have actually met. I remember talking with you on the bus, but I forgot about the cafe. You were there the morning we were passing my bacon around right? :)

I totally forgot about passing the bacon around! But yes, I was there I was o n the same side as you but next to the window. That was a great place!

It is nice to put a face with a name.

1. Can I bring cash to a show?

Yes, we accept cash as a form of payment at our shows. We also accept credit and debit cards, checks, and Pampered Chef gift certificates.

2. Is it better to bring cash or use a credit card?

It is completely up to you and your personal preference. We accept both forms of payment and want you to feel comfortable using whichever method works best for you.

3. Are there any advantages to bringing cash to a show?

Yes, bringing cash can be advantageous if you are looking to stick to a budget. It is also a quick and easy form of payment without having to worry about credit card fees or interest.

4. Can I get change at the show if I only have large bills?

Yes, our consultants are prepared to provide change for larger bills at the show. We want to make the shopping experience as convenient as possible for our customers.

5. How much cash should I bring to a show?

This is completely up to you and your budget. We recommend bringing enough to cover any items you are interested in purchasing, but we also accept other forms of payment if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SheenaGonzales
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • middlemamma
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BobbiG
  • jrny2001