• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should Cs Remain Public or Go Private?

In summary, this site allows anyone to read the posts, but they cannot answer without being a member. Members can read the first two lines, but the rest is hidden. People voted for private because they want the posts to be hidden for those who want to join, and they want people to make an effort to join. People also voted because they want to join, but they are waiting to sign. The site has clarified my position, and I welcome new people.

Should CS be public or private?

• Public. Anyone should be able to read anything any time.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Private. What we say here is Cheffers' business and no one else's

Votes: 126 88.7%
  • I don't really care one way or the other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
The best I can do right now is adding a private sub forum in the lounge for sensitive topics. Sound good?

Greg you ROCK!!

chefann said:
Now we know where to get silly. :)

Just kidding! Love ya, Greg!
Like he doesn't already know what an asylum this is? Why do you THINK he doesn't look in here very often?

'Cuz this is where I hang out.I always was the person who could kill a party or clear a room.

So Greg, if you're still reading this thread...why do the members have to pay? What are we getting different than the people who just lurk? They have total access to our files (which we all freely share), but don't have to pay to view?

I may be mistaken. I'm not quite sure I understand this whole thing anyway. I just want to know. I know that the $5 helps to support the site, but for instance if someone decided they didn't want to pay next year will they still be able to view, post and download files?

I'm all for Private...kinda like in Las Vegas- what goes on there, stays there. What is said here, stays here, and you should prove you are a consultant in order to join. :)

Chef Kearns said:
They have total access to our files (which we all freely share), but don't have to pay to view?
Guests can't view files. I've also turned back on the 2 line limit.

Last edited:
Thank you for turning that back on! (If you turn it off again, would you post a thread announcing it?) This site is absolutely amazing for consultants....I just never thought of it as one for our customers too....and not sure I want to. :)
leggy

Thanks Greg!

Thanks Greg. I can't believe the number of us who have voted. :)

Just to restate, it will be turned on and off periodicly so google can properly index content.

Admin Greg said:
Just to restate, it will be turned on and off periodicly so google can properly index content.

Bummer. So basically it's public and always will be, since the full content will always end up in google's cache eventually.

chefann said:
'Cuz this is where I hang out.

I always was the person who could kill a party or clear a room.
Here's our class photo - which one are you?

100px-Mixed_nuts_column.jpg

Hey KG.. .No fair... I wanted to be in the back ... (I'm the big shiney on e in the middle!!!! :) )

<h2>1. What is the current trend in the debate over whether companies should remain public or go private?</h2><p>The current trend is leaning towards companies going private, as it offers more control and flexibility for the company's management and shareholders.</p><h2>2. What are the main benefits of a company remaining public?</h2><p>Remaining public allows for easier access to capital through stock offerings and can increase the company's visibility and credibility in the market.</p><h2>3. What are the main benefits of a company going private?</h2><p>Going private can provide more control over decision-making and financial information, as well as potentially increasing long-term profitability.</p><h2>4. What are the potential drawbacks of a company remaining public?</h2><p>Being publicly traded can lead to increased scrutiny and pressure from shareholders, as well as costly compliance regulations and reporting requirements.</p><h2>5. What are the potential drawbacks of a company going private?</h2><p>Going private can limit access to capital and limit the company's visibility in the market, making it harder to attract investors or potential buyers in the future.</p>

1. What is the current trend in the debate over whether companies should remain public or go private?

The current trend is leaning towards companies going private, as it offers more control and flexibility for the company's management and shareholders.

2. What are the main benefits of a company remaining public?

Remaining public allows for easier access to capital through stock offerings and can increase the company's visibility and credibility in the market.

3. What are the main benefits of a company going private?

Going private can provide more control over decision-making and financial information, as well as potentially increasing long-term profitability.

4. What are the potential drawbacks of a company remaining public?

Being publicly traded can lead to increased scrutiny and pressure from shareholders, as well as costly compliance regulations and reporting requirements.

5. What are the potential drawbacks of a company going private?

Going private can limit access to capital and limit the company's visibility in the market, making it harder to attract investors or potential buyers in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mandy412
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Back