• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sending Mass Emails Safely: Tips for Avoiding Blocks

The reason you're only allowed to send out 7 e-mails at a time is because spam filters can't handle too many emails coming in at once. This way, your recipients will not be overwhelmed with a lot of emails all at once.
kat29
Well how do you do a Mass email but where it isn't going to be blocked by certain server. I thought someone said to use CC or BCC if you are sending it to more then 50 people or something?? Anyone know? TIA

If you are going to send out a mass email, make sure you use BCC, and just put maybe your email address in the to field, because you have to have one person in the to address field. This is the best way not to offend anyone and not make their email address public.

Thank you Jennifer.

kat29 said:
Well how do you do a Mass email but where it isn't going to be blocked by certain server. I thought someone said to use CC or BCC if you are sending it to more then 50 people or something?? Anyone know? TIA

Using BCC will not stop your bulk emails from being blocked if you are using AOL. After sending a monthly bulk email to customers for months....AOL blocked me a few months ago and said I had spammed people! I had to contact them and they set something up so that it would allow me to send my newsletter.

No I don't use AOL. I can't stand AOL (bad experience with them). I have a gmail account and use my outlook program with it to do my emails. I may just try to send like 5 at a time or so as the list is growing in customers :D Thank you for the advice though.

My cable account won't let me send a lot at one time. So I just BCC a bunch of names and then copy/paste and do it again.

Hint: I get e-mail addresses by telling them I'll send the recipe via e-mail to them the next day. Works like a charm if they like the recipe.

Thanks Jennifer, I was needing this answer too:)

One of the tips they gave us at conference in the "Pampered Chef.biz: Way to Grow" workshop was to not use spam type words, ie. Pampered Chef, sale, coupon, products, web-site, etc. in the subject line. And only send out 7 e-mails at a time instead of mass mailings. Give this tip to your hostesses as well. When they electronicly invite some of the guests are not getting their invitations when they mass e-mail because spam filters pick these up; only do 7 or less at a time.

chefSherry said:
One of the tips they gave us at conference in the "Pampered Chef.biz: Way to Grow" workshop was to not use spam type words, ie. Pampered Chef, sale, coupon, products, web-site, etc. in the subject line. And only send out 7 e-mails at a time instead of mass mailings. Give this tip to your hostesses as well. When they electronicly invite some of the guests are not getting their invitations when they mass e-mail because spam filters pick these up; only do 7 or less at a time.

I wish I would have read this about 2 hours ago! I just sent out my monthly email newsletter. I have paired down mailing only 10-12 at a time (on BCC, of course!). Is the number 7 magic? Did they have a reason for only sending that many?

Thanks for the input.

Why not just use the Pampered chef mass e-mail on pamperedchef.biz/_____?

1. How can I avoid my emails from being marked as spam?

To avoid your emails from being marked as spam, you should always use a reputable email service provider and ensure that your email list only contains subscribers who have given consent to receive your emails. Additionally, regularly clean your email list to remove inactive or invalid email addresses.

2. Is there a limit to the number of emails I can send at once?

Yes, there is usually a limit to the number of emails you can send at once to prevent your email server from being overloaded. This limit varies depending on your email service provider, so it's important to check their guidelines and avoid sending too many emails at once.

3. How often should I send mass emails to avoid being blocked?

It's recommended to send mass emails at a consistent and reasonable frequency. Sending too many emails in a short period of time can trigger spam filters and result in your emails being blocked. It's also important to only send relevant and valuable content to your subscribers.

4. Can I personalize mass emails to avoid being blocked?

Yes, personalizing mass emails can help you avoid being blocked. Personalization can include using the recipient's name in the subject line or email body, segmenting your email list based on their interests or preferences, and tailoring the content to their needs. This shows that you have a genuine connection with your subscribers and can improve your email deliverability.

5. How can I track the success of my mass emails?

You can track the success of your mass emails by using email marketing tools that provide analytics and reporting. These tools can show you the open and click-through rates of your emails, as well as any bounces or unsubscribes. You can use this data to improve your email strategy and avoid being blocked in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • lisacb77