• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seasoned Bakers, Need Advice With Cookie Molds

V
vwpamperedchef
As you may have seen about a month ago I was looking for more molds, as my aunt is making shortbread in them for the troops.

She went to make them today and shape them (as Janet suggested) in stead of buying multiple molds.

Well, when she went to get them out of the mold they stuck.
She used PAM, then PAM and flour, then just flour, neither of which worked. Any suggestions??

I realize these are cookie molds. Anyone have a simpler cookie recipe for these (the one it came with uses a lot of butter and she is trying to cut back on that).

Any tips would be helpful. Thanks

I think I used to freeze mine

I was just told that you shouldn't use commercial products on the stones as it leaves a sticky residue that causes sticking. ChefAnn suggested the following solution...

"You can also make a batch of Pan-Ease and use that to grease the pan. Combine equal parts flour, shortening and oil. Brush onto pan before use. Store, covered, in the fridge.
The nice thing about the Pan-Ease is that you can make a little batch (1 Tb. of each ingredient) or a big one (1 cup of each ingredient)."

Not sure if this would work for the cookie molds or not, but it's worth a shot.

Thank You both, I will be passing along these suggestions to my aunt!

Which molds is your aunt using? I've had trouble baking gingerbread in the house molds, but I really over spritz them. I've used them enough that I think they are also seasoned well, too.

If you're talking about the cookie molds, bears and hearts, I made sure the dough was very cold and I used a lot of flour on the molds. I didn't really have a lot of trouble with sticking when taking the dough out.

She is using the heart shaped ones....but because she wants to make multiples, she is just putting the dough in to shape it (not baking it in there). KWIM? Because we only have 1 mold of American Flag, 1 mold of Peace on Earth, she would be there for days!

My only other option, I was thinking, would be to buy more molds. Which would run me more $$! So I thought I would turn here first....

They're not supposed to bake in the mold, anyway - you'd never be able to get the baked cookie out to see the design without breaking the cookie.Any sugar cookie recipe that's designed to work with cookie cutters should work. Those recipes usually have a little less leavening in them so that they don't "over-poof" and obscure the design when baking.One of the tricks I've found is not to hold the mold parallel to the counter when tapping out the dough, which is the instinctive way to do it. Hold the mold at a right angle to the counter and tap. The dough should start falling out and kinda "roll" out of the mold.

Thanks Ann. I have NO experience with these molds since they came out before I was a consultant.

And we thought because she was using shortbread dough that's maybe why it was sticking. (Also, they are def. not seasoned, so that could be why too)!

I hope they work out for you, I have no advice, I'm a horrible baker (although getting better). I'm sure that even if they don't look perfect your hubby and his friends will enjoy the home made cookies!

Have you heard of using Pringle cans to ship round cookies? it works out awesome! Thats what I did when my exhusband was in Iraq. It helps protect them, and keeps them fresher while in route over there!

candiejayne said:
I hope they work out for you, I have no advice, I'm a horrible baker (although getting better). I'm sure that even if they don't look perfect your hubby and his friends will enjoy the home made cookies!

Have you heard of using Pringle cans to ship round cookies? it works out awesome! Thats what I did when my exhusband was in Iraq. It helps protect them, and keeps them fresher while in route over there!

That is a great suggestion! Except I don't eat pringles!! LOL

And I am pretty good at baking, I just made some very impressive peanut butter cookies with our cookie press, which I love!

My aunt lives in another state which is why partly this is so difficult!

they won't get seasoned because you don't bake in them
i do use bakers joy on all my stones and think i did on these too

Teresa Lynn said:
they won't get seasoned because you don't bake in them
i do use bakers joy on all my stones and think i did on these too

Okay, I am seriously confused... because I was using Bakers Joy on my fluted stone for the micro cakes and it started sticking horribly, and when I came to this sight for help I was told NOT to use Baker's Joy or any other commercial sprays because it leaves a build up and causes sticking. But I have read on a lot of the recipes and posts here that some say to use the Baker's Joy. So which is it? I did end up cleaning my fluted stone with the baking soda mixture and then seasoned it by baking a meatloaf in it and made a microcake in it last night in it and it came out perfect.... so I might be a believer of no Baker's Joy.... :confused:

ChefPaulaB said:
Okay, I am seriously confused... because I was using Bakers Joy on my fluted stone for the micro cakes and it started sticking horribly, and when I came to this sight for help I was told NOT to use Baker's Joy or any other commercial sprays because it leaves a build up and causes sticking. But I have read on a lot of the recipes and posts here that some say to use the Baker's Joy. So which is it? I did end up cleaning my fluted stone with the baking soda mixture and then seasoned it by baking a meatloaf in it and made a microcake in it last night in it and it came out perfect.... so I might be a believer of no Baker's Joy.... :confused:
That's true. It's the propellants and other additives in the sprays that build up and eventually cause things to stick. I've got some real good build up on the flat surface of my mini loaf pan (between the loaves) from using sprays on it. If you want to use a spray instead of brushing on a non-stick agent, use vegetable oil in the kitchen spritzer.

Kinda makes you wonder why PC recommends baker's joy in many of their recipes for stones... :confused:

I've been selling for 15 years and have seriously over 130 pieces of stoneware I use bakers joy on every single piece everytime I use it.ive never had it build up or stick

The original recipes used honey as sweetener as in the old days, it was cheap and sugar was for the elite. Apparently is comes right out of the mold. The cookie is denser however and not to modern tastes. The Author or the book I previewed experimented with a 50/50 mix of sugar and honey with some success. The name of the book is called Cookie Molds by Ann Watson. It is on Amazon. Good luck!

1. Why are my cookies sticking to the molds?

The most common reason for cookies sticking to the molds is inadequate greasing or flouring of the molds. Make sure to thoroughly coat the molds with a non-stick spray or flour before pressing the dough in.

2. What is the best way to grease the molds?

It is recommended to use a non-stick spray or a pastry brush to evenly coat the molds with a thin layer of oil or melted butter. Alternatively, you can also use flour to lightly dust the molds.

3. Are there any other tips for preventing sticking?

In addition to proper greasing, it is important to refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before pressing it into the molds. This will help the dough hold its shape and prevent sticking. You can also try using a silicone mat or parchment paper to line the molds for easier removal.

4. Is there a simpler cookie recipe that can be used with these molds?

Yes, there are many simple and delicious cookie recipes that can be used with these molds. Some options include sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, or even a basic shortbread recipe. Just make sure to adjust the dough consistency to fit the mold and follow the instructions for greasing and refrigerating the dough.

5. How can I reduce the amount of butter in the recipe?

If you want to cut back on butter, you can try substituting some of the butter with applesauce, mashed bananas, or yogurt. These ingredients will add moisture and help bind the dough together without the added fat. You can also try using a lower-fat butter or margarine alternative.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • cookingmagic
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies