• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

School Band Fundfraiser!! Any Ideas??

2....give away a $20 gift certificate to either a restaurant or a store for each person who buys a cookbook. I would also put together a cookbook sampler and give it away free with each order.3....have a cooking demonstration/signing for people who have bought cookbooks and want to know how to make the recipes.
peggyscookin
Gold Member
Hi All, new to post, but had a question!! I just got a Fundraiser for our school band and there are about 250 band members that will be doing this fundraiser!! YEEE HAAAWWW!! Has anyone done one this big, and if so do you have any suggestions? I have 2 weeks to get it ready to roll!:eek:
Thanks in advance!!

Check out the cookbook fundraiser thread!

lol - talk about good time on the FR! Referring to the cookbook fundraiser - if you can get at least each band member to sell five cookbooks, that's a $12,500 show! Granted, PC gives the band 15% which is $1875, there are other ways of having the band receive additional funds. Definitely recommend to read the cookbook thread. ;-)

I've never done a FR before but I plan on working on one for the cookbook FR ... good luck! With a group that big you shoudl be able to get something great!

How about the raffle FR?

Whats the raffle FR?

abrahamlaur said:
Whats the raffle FR?
A raffle fundraiser is when people sell tickets for a set price. The winner gets a shopping spree equivalent to half of the money collected. The other half goes to the organization. HOWEVER - raffles are controlled by the state or local government in most states, and you may need a license to do this. Contact your Secretary of State.

I hope this cookbook fundraiser works out. It sounds good. I'm sending a cover letter to all of my county schools and churches to see if I get any response. Wish me luck! :)

are you jsut sending the letter or are you sending anything else with it? let us know the response, i'm thinking about doing that since i got stamps LOL

Y'all might want to call the schools or look on their website and get the name of the Band Booster chairperson - or just send the letter to the attention of the "Band Boosters". I was band booster secretary for 3 years when my daughter was in colorguard and it did alot more good to send the proposals straight to us. Lots of the times, especially this time of year - they got buried under paperwork on the band directors desk if it went straight to them.

I am printing out and hand delivering this morning to the middle school and one of the highschools. The highschool has a band booster meeting tomorrow night. I am going to see if any response from them before contacting the other highschool.

What are you doing for incentives for the sellers? High seller? (but then this may result in a big tie) so Im thinking then draw a name from highsellers.

I am both a band director and a PC consultant. My biggest 2 fundraisers (3300 and 1400) have been for music-related causes. I heartily suggest you do a 3-part fundraiser:

1. Batter bowl Mixes and pre-sales - catalogs, catalogs, catalogs
2. Browse the tables with food bits open house
3. Closing Cooking Show Demo

Before you begin, get setup with your host - be it band director or booster parent and get them fully on board. Ultra-host coach as this will be key to your success.

Then, get help. You will need (A) someone -- another PC rep, maybe a recruit or director -- to collect order from the "gotta go now's" while you are doing a demo, and you don't want to miss out on those who want to book or recruit because you couldn't visit with them personally. Also, (B) get with your director and have him/her order you a bundle of batter bowls at 40% off (director's discount). Finally, get (C) a deep-pockets donor who can help with the expenses of item 1. above; many parents are willing to contribute by sending their kid to an event with one ingredient; there are some who will go to Costco or Sam's club and buy $40-50 in ingredients with no problem:

1. On CCorner you'll find an original (2000 or 2001) celebrations theme show for dry mixes you can make in the batter bowl. I have tried all but the Cowboy Chili, and they are all good. In my opinion the Friendship Brownies are the very best. Have a Saturday work party where you get most of the band (in shifts, if you've got 250 kids) and their parents, to assembly-line create these bowls. I'd suggest you put any nuts in a sealed plastic-wrap pouch so alergic folk can opt out with no issue. Also, you'll want either a stack of your business cards or a computer-generated postcard-sized paper to go in each bowl so the customers can order more. I'd aim for making 500 to 750 batterbowls, starting with 2 for each kid. Then sell the bowls for $15 to $20, maybe even $25. The profit goes toward the group. Have each kid take a stack of 3 catalogs to distribute, and leave more in the band area and near the attendance window and the front office, and in each teacher's mailbox. Each should include an order form inviting folks to #3 below.

2. Second, get all your PC product together and get loaner items from your director, and create a Nordstrom/ Nieman-Marcus type display on tables in the cafeteria, in a large lobby area, or in a nearby clubhouse off campus. You can get plastic colored tablecloths at the dollar store, and find some artificial flowers there too for your bridal and holiday displays. I did 7 tables where each has a color theme and a product focus, and most have a food nibble for people to much while they browse and 'try the products'. Ideas: cranberry - Simple Additions - holidays and celebrations / Orange - stoneware - baking / Red or Checkered - BBQ and chilzanne - outdoor ideas / White - bridal - cookware and stainless mixing bowls / primary colors - kids products / Yellow - entertaining - trifle bowl & woven selections / Purple - kitchen gadgets with M&M's sprinkled around / Green - salads / Blue - Forged Cutlery & cutting boards , chopper / Red and Pink - RUFTH and HWC items / Different shade if orange - Decorating baking / Black - spices and cookbooks. Pick a munchie item for every other table...veggie tray with dip / pizza dip / oil & bread dip* careful folks are really sloppy with this / brownies made in MMP / spicy shrimp ceviche cups / etc.

3. On your order forms, invite everyone to a cooking demo at -clubhouse or cafeteria or big home near campus- where orders can be tallied. Do something like garlic pull-aparts and chocolate bliss brownies or chocolate something. I had good success with garlic pullaparts and choc turtle fudge skillet cake at my 3300 show, and jamaican jerk chicken salad and apple cinna pullaparts at my 1400 show.

You may choose to kickin some of your commission. I donated all my commission on the 3300 show, because it was for PTA and I am a PTA member at a nearby school, but just gave 70% of it for the other - basically matching what PC offered them, so they get at least 30% profit. If you do either of these percentages, advertise the HECK out of that--it makes their customers want to buy even more.

Good luck; let us know how it goes for you!

God Bless You and Take Care!

-praying for Paige and her family-

Attachments

• potential letter.doc
    28 KB · Views: 337
  • potential breakdown.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 427
  • potential order form.doc
    249 KB · Views: 293
  • PC Facts.doc
    63.5 KB · Views: 369
  • Why choose a fundraiser featuring products from TPC.doc
    682.5 KB · Views: 400
Thanks Scott - printing it all off now to really study later I didn't know you were a band director - spent the last 9 years of my life in the band room as booster secretary and festival chairperson. Oldest daughter was bass clairnet and youngest was color guard. I miss it - even the bus trips!

Related to School Band Fundfraiser!! Any Ideas??

What products can be used for a school band fundraiser?

We have a variety of products that can be used for a school band fundraiser, from kitchen tools and gadgets to cookware and bakeware. Our popular products include the Mini Deep Covered Baker, the Garlic Press, and the Quick Cooker. We also offer special fundraising packages that include a variety of products at discounted prices.

How much profit can the school band make with a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The amount of profit depends on the products sold and the number of sales. However, our fundraisers typically yield a profit of 15-20% of the total sales. We also offer additional incentives and bonuses for larger sales, which can increase the profit margin.

Can we customize the fundraiser to fit our school band's needs?

Yes, we understand that every school band is unique and has different needs. We offer customizable options for fundraisers, such as setting specific goals or selecting specific products to sell. Our team will work with you to create a customized plan that best fits your school band's needs.

How long does the fundraiser last?

The length of the fundraiser is up to you and your team. We recommend a minimum of 2-3 weeks to allow enough time for sales and order processing. However, we can work with your schedule and adjust the duration of the fundraiser accordingly.

Can we get support and resources to help promote the fundraiser?

Yes, we provide a variety of resources to help promote and support your fundraiser. This includes customizable flyers and social media graphics, as well as tips and guidance on how to make the fundraiser successful. Our team is also available to answer any questions and provide support throughout the fundraising process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rmcim
  • ChefJeniLobdell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • namredus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies