• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Savory Cheese Bites: A Tasty Appetizer You've Never Heard Of!

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for Savory Cheese Bites, which are bite-sized squares made with cream cheese, parmesan cheese, almond, and Italian seasoning. They can be personalized to one's taste and are served with spaghetti sauce. The recipe was originally featured in a fall/winter edition of a magazine and can be found in the F/W '04 edition. Some people have tried substituting the cream cheese with mozzarella, but most stick to the original recipe. One person mentions making them with shredded parmesan cheese instead of grated, and another mentions using canned traditional spaghetti sauce for dipping. Some people have not tried the recipe but are interested in making it, while others have already tried it and love it.
MeesMom3
Has anyone ever made the Savory Cheese bites? This is one of my favorite appetizers and everyone loves them! But many consultants I talk with have never heard of them.

Are those the "cheese truffles" that are like mini cheese balls?

I did a mega show in December with some other consultants and we made a bunch of these to have on the tables as snacks. They're fun because you can really personalize them to your taste.

They were in a SB fall/winter edition a couple of years back. They are cream cheese bite sized squares with a parmesan cheese, almond, and italian seasoning coating. As disgusting as they sound they are delicious. You serve them with spaghetti sauce. Is this the recipe you are thinking of?

I think Ann is talking about the mini cheese balls. Those are great.

I've never tried the Savory Cheese Bites. You're right. They didn't sound good. Now that someone has recommended them, though, I'll probably give them a try.

Actually, those do sound good - like fried cheese sticks without the frying.

Now that you put it that way, yuuuummmmmm!

chefann said:
Actually, those do sound good - like fried cheese sticks without the frying.

ooh!! Never thought to describe them that way! Thanks Ann! I'll have to remember that!

Okay someone... the recipe please???? :)

Yes please Im starving and I love anything cheesey!!

I think this is the recipe you all are looking/asking about. I made these last fall when the bamboo cheese board was introduced. They are wonderful!!

Attachments

• SAVORY CHEESE TRUFFLES.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 386
Those are the mini cheese balls Ann was talking about. Definitely yummy. Stephanie was talking about something you dip in pizza sauce.

Thse sounds good. I am going on a diet come Monday, so, I am blwoing it this weekend before I start! Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?!:D

I found it!! I found it!!! It is in the F/W '04. Give me a sec and I'll type it up for you all!!

Here it is!!

Attachments

• SAVORY CHEESE BITES.doc
    20 KB · Views: 385
OMG, those sound good!

Thanks, Lee Anne!

Sorry guys! I should have attached the recipe when I posted the thread.....duh!! Thanks Leanne for posting it. As I mentioned previously, I use SHREDDED rather than GRATED parmesan cheese and LOVE IT!!! And the spaghetti sauce doesn't have to be any kind of special sauce. I use the canned delmonte traditional sauce for dipping. It's 92 cents and taste great with the bites!

Oh my! Those look sinfull!! I need to make those!

I wonder if you could replace the cream cheese with mozzarella... has anyone ever tried this???

So here I was picturing that you eat it as a cube of cream cheese covered in the seasoning and I was wondering why everyone like it so much, as it didn't sound that yummy... then I read the recipe and realized that you bake them, then eat them... now they make much more sense and sound very yummy!

GourmetGirl said:
So here I was picturing that you eat it as a cube of cream cheese covered in the seasoning and I was wondering why everyone like it so much, as it didn't sound that yummy... then I read the recipe and realized that you bake them, then eat them... now they make much more sense and sound very yummy!

Didn't you learn anything in school...

Step one was always READ ALL DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY... otherwise, you just may end up eating crunchy cream cheese!

Yeah... I was the kid who never read directions and just jumped right in so she could be done faster!

Alison, I don't suppose any of your teachers ever gave you the big test. My 8th grade science teacher gave it to us. We were told to carefully read everything before starting. The last thing on the two-page test was, "Write your name on the top of this test and turn it in without answering any of the questions."I had my paper tuned in about 5 minutes into the "test." Several other people were right behind me. Toward the end of the class, we started hearing moans of pain. It was really funny. Those of us who followed the instructions received A's. Our teacher then used the amount of time it took you to turn it in to determine your grade. No one flunked, but a large percentage of the class received D's. Always read the instructions.

jrstephens said:
Thse sounds good. I am going on a diet come Monday, so, I am blwoing it this weekend before I start! Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?!:D

Jennifer,

I'm with ya! I started dieting today as well! But don't you know I gave myself a Mother's Day gift yesterday and baked those cheese bites! I think I ate like 10 of them!!! Anyway, starting today, I'm on a diabetic meal plan! I have found that it is the best way to lose weight and keep it off and feel great at the same time!

raebates said:
Alison, I don't suppose any of your teachers ever gave you the big test. My 8th grade science teacher gave it to us. We were told to carefully read everything before starting. The last thing on the two-page test was, "Write your name on the top of this test and turn it in without answering any of the questions."

I had my paper tuned in about 5 minutes into the "test." Several other people were right behind me. Toward the end of the class, we started hearing moans of pain. It was really funny. Those of us who followed the instructions received A's. Our teacher then used the amount of time it took you to turn it in to determine your grade. No one flunked, but a large percentage of the class received D's.

Always read the instructions.

Nope I was never given the big test... thankfully or I would have gotten a D and that would have killed me! :D

But, would you have learned to always read all of the directions?

raebates said:
Alison, I don't suppose any of your teachers ever gave you the big test. My 8th grade science teacher gave it to us. We were told to carefully read everything before starting. The last thing on the two-page test was, "Write your name on the top of this test and turn it in without answering any of the questions."

I had my paper tuned in about 5 minutes into the "test." Several other people were right behind me. Toward the end of the class, we started hearing moans of pain. It was really funny. Those of us who followed the instructions received A's. Our teacher then used the amount of time it took you to turn it in to determine your grade. No one flunked, but a large percentage of the class received D's.

Always read the instructions.

I got the big test, and I failed!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Savory Cheese Bites?

To make Savory Cheese Bites, you will need shredded cheese, flour, butter, egg, salt, and any additional herbs or spices of your choice. You will also need a mini muffin pan to bake the bites in.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese in this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese you prefer. Cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan are popular choices for this recipe. You can also mix different types of cheese for added flavor.

3. How do I prevent the Savory Cheese Bites from sticking to the pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to generously grease your mini muffin pan with cooking spray or butter before adding the dough. You can also use non-stick mini muffin pans to ensure easy removal.

4. Can I make these ahead of time and reheat them?

Yes, these Savory Cheese Bites can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven or microwave. To reheat in the oven, place the bites on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes. To reheat in the microwave, place the bites on a microwave-safe plate and heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

5. Can I freeze the Savory Cheese Bites?

Yes, you can freeze these Savory Cheese Bites. After baking, let them cool completely and then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat using one of the methods mentioned in question 4.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattikake
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • etteluap70PC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • pattikake