1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Salad Chopper...

1. dancedivine

dancedivine Member

Has anyone used the Salad Chopper? What did you think of it?

Thanks!

Apr 7, 2009
  2. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

it is good!

the best demo that I can think of is the Easy Fajitas and fresh salsa/guacamole.

Apr 7, 2009
  3. Fluffy215

Fluffy215 Member Gold Member

Love it!!!!!! I use it for everything from salad, to salsa to cutting up my cooked meats for recipes. I sell at least 2 at every party when I show it.

Apr 7, 2009
  4. dancedivine

dancedivine Member

So, you actually use the salad chopper in place of a knife? I am trying to imagine how it would be used.....

Apr 7, 2009
  5. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

yep - they are like double heavy-duty scissors. Plus there is a 'cup' along the bottom of them to help hold/cut the food.

Can be used on cooked meat, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots,....

Apr 7, 2009
  6. dancedivine

dancedivine Member

Is it really easier than using a knife, though? I am considering getting one, but I'm not sure how much I would actually use it.... Thanks for the input!

Apr 7, 2009
  7. MORFIA

MORFIA Advanced Member Gold Member

i do the salsa in the classic batter bowl-pop in all the ingredients and pass it around- for the guests to chop it up--so when it comes back- its ready to serve---

Apr 7, 2009
  8. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I love doing chicken with them. It's a great side demo with any of the chicken recipes.

Apr 7, 2009
  9. MORFIA

MORFIA Advanced Member Gold Member

Salsa:
    1 small peeled sweet yellow onion
    1 garlic clove
    1 whole jalapeno pepper (stemmed and seeded)
    ½ cup cilantro leaves
    1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes

Apr 7, 2009
  10. turtle15

turtle15 Member

Love them!

Apr 7, 2009
  11. StacieB

StacieB Veteran Member Gold Member

Love, Love, Love it. I use it more cor chicken then anything else. I always sell at least two when I demo it. GET IT!!!!

Apr 7, 2009
  12. dancedivine

dancedivine Member

Uggggg... It's a tough choice. I am down to the last 25 - 30 bucks of my Kit Enhancement, and I want to be sure I get just the right items. I could get the salad chopper, or I could get a few smaller items. Too many choices! lol

Apr 7, 2009
  13. StacieB

StacieB Veteran Member Gold Member

I would get a higher priced item that people always want to see. They get it better when they see it in my opinion.

Apr 7, 2009
  14. kaseydee

kaseydee Veteran Member Gold Member

I love them & have 2 pairs! I showed them at my party Sunday & out of 5 people 3 bought a pair.

Apr 8, 2009
  15. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I was hesitant too, and actually, I didn't purchase them on purpose, a customer ordered the wrong thing (she wanted the food chopper and wrote down the salad choppers) so I ordered what she wanted and decided to just keep the salad choppers... LOVE THEM!!!! I use them at least 2-3 times a week. Any recipe that calls for chopped up chicken (like the Jerk Chicken Nachos or a stir fry or anything like that) I use them. And that's just for at home. Love demo-ing them too. I would definitely say get them! I use them for the new Pineapple Salsa too..

Apr 8, 2009
  16. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I'm glad to read this thread. I have been hesitant to order them too.

17. dancedivine

dancedivine Member

Ok, I got one! Can't wait to try it out when it comes in the mail.... :)

Apr 8, 2009
  18. merego

merego Senior Member

I love mine, ake the quick and easy salsa all the time and have sold tons of them :)

Apr 8, 2009
  19. catlwilles

catlwilles Member Gold Member

Don't forget to use them for egg salad sandwiches after this weekend! I also love mine for strawberry shortcake. Most people at my shows have seen the Food Chopper, so I usually show off the Salad Choppers instead and always sell a couple.

Apr 8, 2009
  20. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Oooh, I didn't think of strawberry shortcake!

Apr 8, 2009
  21. suzipooh

suzipooh Member Gold Member

Love 'em!

Great for salsa and for "shredding" cooked meat. I use mine to shred cooked chicken and beef and pork roasts...

Apr 14, 2009
  22. ChefJWarren

ChefJWarren Advanced Member Gold Member

I use mine all the time, both at home and at every show (I find a reason!). Well, lately I have noticed that the red lever falls down very easily and the "scissor" action won't close completely - making it seem like they don't cut well. I spend half the time holding the leverwhile I chop (which looks terrible) or readjusting and readjusting constantly during the chopping. I need to get new ones! Is anyone else having this problem? I wonder how they got broken.

Apr 14, 2009
  23. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I have already sent back 3 because of that, 1 was mine, 2 were customers. 1 of them I had to give them a spare till they got thiers back. Said she could not live without it....;)

Apr 15, 2009
  24. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

ooo...hope we don't keep having problems with them....I love mine, too!

Apr 15, 2009
  25. chefshawna

chefshawna Advanced Member Gold Member

I started using them for the pineapple salsa and at my last show everyone was taking turns cutting it all up and by the time we were done it was more of a juice than salsa! LOL They are great for so many things!!!

Apr 15, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted