• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rust and Scratches on Tomato Knives: Experiences from Customers

In summary, some customers have had their knives rust and others have had scratches on their Tomato knives where the coloring has come off.
ChefJeniLobdell
I have one customer that told me hers rusted and another customer (from the same show) who's Tomato knife has scratches on it where the coloring has came off. Anyone else had this problem?

ChefJeniLobdell said:
I have one customer that told me hers rusted and another customer (from the same show) who's Tomato knife has scratches on it where the coloring has came off. Anyone else had this problem?

Yikes! I've only had mine since June and its been through the dishwasher and its fine. But Im curious to read the responses!

I use mine all the time (both the Tomato and the Santuko) and I haven't had a bit of trouble. I wash them by hand though. Call HO they have a 1 year guarantee.

I use my tomato knife all the time too! I love it! I do wash it by hand also.

I use mine all the time to. No problems here. I will call them tommorow about these knives. I am becoming to think these two ladies are my problem children. So far between the two of them I have had to do product adjustments for: the 12" Professional skillet x2 (she said the oil just runs to the side), stainless steel mixing bowls rusting, carafe that had the inner core of glass explode when she filled it, and then these two colored coated knives. I have never had so many complaints before on products.

ChefJeniLobdell said:
So far between the two of them I have had to do product adjustments for: the 12" Professional skillet x2 (she said the oil just runs to the side), stainless steel mixing bowls rusting, I have never had so many complaints before on products.

I am not so sure that the pan was the problem, her stove is probably not level. Also I would like to know what she has done with her SS mixing bowl. I haven't had any problems with mine and we are hard on them.

ChefJeniLobdell said:
I use mine all the time to. No problems here. I will call them tommorow about these knives. I am becoming to think these two ladies are my problem children. So far between the two of them I have had to do product adjustments for: the 12" Professional skillet x2 (she said the oil just runs to the side), stainless steel mixing bowls rusting, carafe that had the inner core of glass explode when she filled it, and then these two colored coated knives. I have never had so many complaints before on products.
Personally, I would lose these two gems if I were you!

No problems with any of those products for me.

Are they washing them & letting them air dry?

I hand wash all cutlery & dry it right away.

I'm with Linda on this one.

Chef Endora said:
No problems with any of those products for me.

Are they washing them & letting them air dry?

I hand wash all cutlery & dry it right away.

I'm with Linda on this one.
Knives should always be hand washed.

I would tell these ladies the 1-888-OUR-CHEF number and let them talk directoy to HO about their problems. Tell them that PC has a (new) policy that customers are to call directly for adjustments. It is the policy anyway and it gets you out of the loop.

BethCooks4U said:
Knives should always be hand washed.

I would tell these ladies the 1-888-OUR-CHEF number and let them talk directoy to HO about their problems. Tell them that PC has a (new) policy that customers are to call directly for adjustments. It is the policy anyway and it gets you out of the loop.
I was going to suggest the same thing! I tell my customers it eliminates the middle man so if HO has a question they (the customer) can answer it directly and speed up the return policy. I've never had anyone complain about dealing with a claim personally.

I agree with Beth & Missy... have them deal with HO Directly.

mt tomato knife has scratches on it but it doesnt bother me one bit.

Related to Rust and Scratches on Tomato Knives: Experiences from Customers

1. How can I prevent rust and scratches from forming on my tomato knives?

To prevent rust and scratches on tomato knives, it is important to properly care for and maintain them. This includes regularly cleaning and drying the knives after each use, avoiding harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges when cleaning, and storing them in a dry and well-ventilated area.

2. Can rust and scratches on tomato knives affect the taste of my food?

While rust and scratches may not directly affect the taste of your food, they can impact the overall quality and appearance of your dishes. In addition, rust can be harmful if consumed, so it is important to keep your knives in good condition to avoid any potential health risks.

3. What is the best way to remove rust from tomato knives?

If your tomato knives have developed rust, it is important to address it as soon as possible to prevent further damage. You can remove rust by creating a paste with baking soda and water, applying it to the affected areas, and gently scrubbing with a soft cloth. You can also try using a rust remover specifically designed for kitchen knives.

4. Are there any special precautions I should take when using tomato knives?

When using tomato knives, it is important to handle them carefully and avoid using them on hard surfaces or cutting through tough materials. Always use a cutting board and avoid twisting or bending the knife while cutting. It is also recommended to sharpen your knives regularly to maintain their sharpness and prevent excessive force while cutting.

5. What should I do if my tomato knife becomes scratched?

If your tomato knife becomes scratched, it is important to address it as soon as possible to prevent further damage. You can try using a fine grit sandpaper to gently buff out the scratches, or take it to a professional knife sharpener for repair. It is also important to regularly maintain and sharpen your knives to prevent scratches and maintain their quality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • SusanBP0129
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • erin.tpc