• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Rotary Grater V. Microplane Adjustable Grater

In summary, the person is considering which of the three tools to buy for the recipe they like to demo - a rotary grater, a microplane, or a mandoline. They plan to buy the rotary grater and mix-n-chop, and may also buy the garlic slicer.
PamperedSD
Please help! I'm planning on ordered one of these but I'm not sure which one to get. :confused:

My favorite recipe to demo is the Chicken Penne al Fresco but I usually borrow the grater from my recruiter. She is giving me 50 PC dollars for qualifying. So I wanted to buy the garlic slicer, Mix-N-Chop and one of these to make this recipe easy. I also love to make this at home so it would be great to have all the tools! :chef:

I use the rotary grater a lot more than the microplane grater.

I may be in the minority, but I like the rotary grater. The MAG is great for parmesan and zesting, but any other kind of cheese I'd do in the rotary grater (and you can do parmesan in it too).

Don't forget, you'll also get a chance to purchase more at 40% off in your Kit Enhancement month, and you'll probably have some of your New Consultant rewards PC$s by then.

I love the Microplane...bought the rotary grater recently but haven't used it yet.

Love the microplane. I prefer it in my own kitchen and at shows. I have become a zesting fool. I try to use it at every show, and I always sell them. I have even sold it as a grater when I've shown how powdery fine it gets the parmesan.

I like the microplane grater...actually, I LOVE it! I grab it more than the rotary. Mainly because I like to just pull back the wrapping of parmesan and then just grate it. It's fewer pieces and easy to clean. I love how I can use it for zesting and also how I can use it with or without the food holder slider thing. The rotarty grater is too large, it won't fit in my utensil drawer, so it's a not stored in an easy to reach spot. I hate having to get a knife and cut off a specific chunk and then grate it, only to have a bunch left that won't grate. I like it for when I want thicker grates of cheese, though. (the microplane does it a really super fine grate)But my vote is the microplane. :D

NooraK said:
I may be in the minority, but I like the rotary grater. The MAG is great for parmesan and zesting, but any other kind of cheese I'd do in the rotary grater (and you can do parmesan in it too).

Don't forget, you'll also get a chance to purchase more at 40% off in your Kit Enhancement month, and you'll probably have some of your New Consultant rewards PC$s by then.

Thanks Noorak - I also have 100 PC$ from HQ so I am saving those for my kit Enhancement month. Since this is the recipe I like to demo I thought it might be easier to have the tools now and not have to borrow them everytime. THANKS.

Rotary, easy to use, easy to clean and no harm of cutting fingers while showing how sharp it reallly is. Yes i have done that before.

I have to say the Microplane is my new fave. I have and love the Roatary Grater and Mandoline. I hadn't even bothered to open my Microplane. The about 2 weeks ago, my box grater, rotary grater and mandoline were dirty (oh my!) and I said I gues I'll try this...ughh... I loved it, and have used it almost every day since! It lays so nicely across a bowl!

PamperedSD said:
Thanks Noorak - I also have 100 PC$ from HQ so I am saving those for my kit Enhancement month. Since this is the recipe I like to demo I thought it might be easier to have the tools now and not have to borrow them everytime. THANKS.

I would make a list of ALL the items on your wish list, and then prioritize it by how much you'll want to use it at shows. Then save as much of your PC dollars until KE, and only get what you really need right now for your shows.

At least, that's what I recommended to my new recruit.

I couldn't live without the microplane. I had a stick kind from Microplane for years before I got the PC version. The microplane can be used for zesting fruit, grating spices and chocolate. Not to mention Parmesan cheese. I feel that he microplane is a tool that definitely has more than one use.

The only drawback is that you can't grate soft cheeses on it - which is where the rotary grater comes in, but, in my opinion, you already have the mandoline which can be used for grating the soft cheeses.

So, my vote would be for the Microplane since you could use the UM for grating soft cheeses. JMO :)

I prefer the microplane. I'm not a fan of the rotary, I think the microplane is much faster for grating and for cleanup.

Also, I make the chicken penne ALL THE TIME! I actually started pressing the garlic instead of slicing it and I like it better. So just know the slicer isn't a necessity for this recipe if you have the press. :) Enjoy spending your pc$$

I absolutely L:love:VE the Microplane and use it all the time but I do use the Rotary Grater for softer cheese. If I could have only one I'd get the Microplane - the Ultimate Mandoline does softer cheeses too remember...

Consider what you would use it for and get the one that works for you first.

What is the difference between the Rotary Grater and the Microplane Adjustable Grater?

The Rotary Grater is a hand-cranked grater that uses a rotating drum with sharp blades to grate food. The Microplane Adjustable Grater is a handheld grater with an adjustable blade that can be set to different levels of coarseness.

Which grater is better for grating hard cheeses like Parmesan?

The Rotary Grater is better for grating hard cheeses because of its sharp blades and rotating motion, which can easily break down the cheese into fine shreds.

Can I use the Rotary Grater for grating vegetables?

Yes, the Rotary Grater can be used for grating vegetables like carrots, zucchini, and potatoes. It can also be used for grating chocolate and nuts.

Is the Microplane Adjustable Grater dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Microplane Adjustable Grater is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing to prevent any damage to the blade.

Which grater is easier to clean?

The Microplane Adjustable Grater is easier to clean as it can be easily disassembled and the blade can be removed for thorough cleaning. The Rotary Grater may require more effort to clean due to its rotating drum design.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Caryn Toering
  • PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
bgchef
  • PamperedSD