• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rice Cooker Fajitas: Worth the Risk?

In summary, the host is doing a fajita demo on Oct 1st for someone who they are not quite sure the DCB is going to fit her micro, if it it does, it will be TIGHT. They were thinking of possibly attempting the fajitas in the rice cooker instead, but have not tried it yet. They did this demo at a home where she SAID it would fit in her microwave but did not. Fortunately, they also brought the saute pan. The chicken & chipotle rub was put in the DCB in her oven for 30 minutes while the guests gathered, then the chicken was taken out and the veggies were sauteed with the rub in the pan. The chicken was then added back
chefsteph07
I'm doing a fajita demo on Oct 1st for someone who I"m not quite sure the DCB is going to fit her micro, if it it does, it will be TIGHT..I was thinking of possibly attempting the fajitas in the rice cooker instead, has anyone ever tried this? Would you recommend it?

I did this demo at a home where she SAID it would fit in her microwave but did not. Fortunately I also brought the saute pan.

I put the chicken & chipolte rub in the DCB in her oven for 30 minutes while the guests gathered, used the UM to slice the veggies and sauted them with the rub in the pan then took the chicken out and added the veggies and put it back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes. Times are not exact.

It worked out. Not as much of a WOW though.

Why not do it in the Large Micro Cooker? I know you can cook the chicken in the micro cooker in about 5 minutes so everything should be about the same.

I really don't think the microcooker or rice cooker would give the same results as the DCB. There's something about the stoneware properties that enhances the taste on these recipes.

If you can't do the DCB in the microwave, use the cookware or the oven or pick a different recipe.

BethCooks4U said:
I really don't think the microcooker or rice cooker would give the same results as the DCB. There's something about the stoneware properties that enhances the taste on these recipes.

If you can't do the DCB in the microwave, use the cookware or the oven or pick a different recipe.

Yes, my other thought was to just bring the 12 in skillet and do fajitas in that, but I just had a fleeting thought that the rice cooker might work as well.

CHICKEN YOUR WAY!!!!

Cook the chicken up like the video & then toss veggies in pan

That would work ( if you had grill pan & press)

nancycookspc said:
CHICKEN YOUR WAY!!!!

Cook the chicken up like the video & then toss veggies in pan

That would work ( if you had grill pan & press)

yes, I do! That might just work, thanks!

I picked up an Emerson microwave at Wal-Mart for $59. It is 1100 watts, has a turntable, and the DCB fits and turns in it yet is small enough.

I carry it in my trunk when I go to shows just in case....have had to use it once but then I do not skip a beat just get it.

I have had several hosts that have gone to buy new micros just for their DCB!

I keep a spare microwave in my garage in the box (from Walmart -$110.00) for use by my me and anyone on my team. It has paid for itself many times. I always check with the host about the size of her microwave and if she is unsure, I pack mine, just in case. It only took one burnt lava cake in a small microwave to make that decision.

Steph - I WOULD NOT DO IT IN THE RICE COOKER!
There have been adverse problems with the rice cooker when either the time it was on too high was on for too long. the rice cooker melts!

1. How do I make fajitas in a rice cooker?

To make fajitas in a rice cooker, start by marinating your choice of protein (chicken, beef, shrimp, etc.) with your favorite fajita seasoning. Then, add the marinated protein, sliced peppers and onions, and a can of diced tomatoes to the rice cooker. Cook on the white rice setting for about 20 minutes or until the protein is fully cooked. Serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings.

2. Can I make vegetarian fajitas in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can make vegetarian fajitas in a rice cooker. Simply omit the protein and add extra vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, and squash to the rice cooker. You can also add a can of black beans for extra protein.

3. How do I prevent the fajitas from sticking to the rice cooker?

To prevent the fajitas from sticking to the rice cooker, make sure to spray the inner pot with non-stick cooking spray before adding the ingredients. You can also add a small amount of oil to the pot before cooking.

4. Can I use frozen ingredients for the fajita demo in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can use frozen ingredients for the fajita demo in a rice cooker. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as frozen ingredients will take longer to cook.

5. What are some variations I can try for the fajita demo in a rice cooker?

There are many variations you can try for the fajita demo in a rice cooker. You can use different types of protein such as tofu or fish, add different vegetables, or use different seasonings for a different flavor profile. You can also try using cauliflower rice instead of regular rice for a healthier option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dianevill
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • etteluap70PC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies