• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Show to Go Rolling Tote - Is it Worth the Investment?

In summary, Becky recommends the new consultant tote. The tote is easy to carry, has a nice look, and is perfect for small spaces.
jbarnhill
Silver Member
I have been looking at the rolling tote thing on the supply order for a couple of months and having been thinking about getting it. Do any of you have it. Would you recommend it or not? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks
JoLynn

I have it... and I highly recommend it..... it makes life alot easier when your doing shows.... etc

Mine sits in the basement.....although I do pull it out for the rare Booth event.......I live in Michigan, and have found it to be very impractical for most of the year - when I am trudging through snow, rain, or mud (or sometimes all three) to get to a show. It doesn't pull well through that, and then I don't want to bring it into a hosts home with snow/mud on the wheels, and it is so heavy - I don't want to have to carry it all the time (sorta defeats the purpose of the wheels!:rolleyes: ).
I did just see that the new Consultant Tote that comes w/ the new kit is now available to order for $35 - so I am thinking I may need one of those!

That new consultant tote is LOVELY! Very easy to overload, though. The little handles on it that allow it to be carried like the crate are a godsend. :) It's a classy piece - very attractive to carry into a host's home.

chefann said:
That new consultant tote is LOVELY! Very easy to overload, though. The little handles on it that allow it to be carried like the crate are a godsend. :) It's a classy piece - very attractive to carry into a host's home.

SOLD! You just sealed the deal for me!:D

Gee, Becky. Based on recent posts from you, I'm starting to think you might have a girl-crush on me. :) I'm flattered, but frankly confused because there are so many other more-deserving women around here.

I couldn't live w/o my rolling tote!!!

I love my rolling tote... although at first I seriously overfilled it. (It is quite deep.) Personally, I have removed the product liner insert.

I try to put at least one boxed or big item in the bottom (trifle bowl in box or salad spinner, etc.) to fill space so my compulsion to overfill is reduced. Then products, then top it with some table coverings I always have with me.

I find that hosts and guests are impressed with the look of it....much better than my prior packing system of open crates and such. If I have a very small demo space, I will even use the sturdy top as some extra display space in a pinch.

I do agree that your overall weather factors might be an issue...the wheels are positioned much like luggage wheels.

Do you find that when you take the product liner out that things bang around inside of your rolling case?? I still have my liner in mine but I sometimes think it is just a wasted space!!! If you get the rolling case dont' life with the pull handle it will break... I have heard that from several people!

ChefBeckyD said:
Mine sits in the basement.....although I do pull it out for the rare Booth event.......I live in Michigan, and have found it to be very impractical for most of the year - when I am trudging through snow, rain, or mud (or sometimes all three) to get to a show. It doesn't pull well through that, and then I don't want to bring it into a hosts home with snow/mud on the wheels, and it is so heavy - I don't want to have to carry it all the time (sorta defeats the purpose of the wheels!:rolleyes: ).
I did just see that the new Consultant Tote that comes w/ the new kit is now available to order for $35 - so I am thinking I may need one of those!

I'm with Becky on this one. Loved the idea. . .but this dude is HEAVY. If you have to go up a lot of steps, it's a real bear. It's easier for me to carry a crate, the original show to go tote-bag and my dirty dish tote. I too am planning on adding the new consultant tote to my stuff.

chefann said:
Gee, Becky. Based on recent posts from you, I'm starting to think you might have a girl-crush on me. :) I'm flattered, but frankly confused because there are so many other more-deserving women around here.

Don't you remember Ann? I'm your long lost sister!:D

You just always make sense.....and that's very important to me!

And you always make sense to me!

Now that we've established it, does anyone else want to join our mutual admiration society?

OK...can old consultants get the new consultant tote and where can I find a picture. I love my rolling tote but I would like to look at the other.

The new consultant tote appears to be on the new paperwork form. Item # 9818, $35.00. There's a pic wherever there's a pic of the kit.

Ann and Becky,

You both make sense to me too! Well, most of the time!:D

jrstephens said:
Ann and Becky,
OMG! Now it's like I'm a kid again! My twin sister went by "Becky" as a child. :D Our younger sister went by Carie, so one branch of the family called us the ABC cousins.

I'm in the process of moving everything out of my rolling crate at the moment. I'm planning to order the new Consultant Tote (the one that comes with the new kit) on my next supply order, and just use that, the Show-to-Go Carry-all tote and the Tool Turnabout Tote. I have been using the rolling crate, but to be honest, I've had nothing but trouble with them. The first one I got (earned free when they did that consultant promotion 2 years ago), the handle broke off within 3 months. I got a replacement, but had to pay big bucks to send the broken one back to PC to get it. The replacement arrived, and within 2 weeks, the bottom had buckled. I didn't send it back again, just decided to live with it. Well, my last show, one of the feet just broke off and now it stands off-kilter all the time. I don't overstuff it - I try to take stuff out rather than put stuff in every time I pack it! - and I use it normally, but it is just a royal pain in my tushie anymore. I hate having to drag it up stairs to people's houses, and it's left a bunch of scratch marks on the back of my minivan from taking it out (it's so darn heavy without stuff in it, and with just the contents of the kit in it, it is ENORMOUSLY heavy!). I'm done with it. I have 2 rolling collapsible crates from Staples ($24.99 each, I think) that I got a few years ago, and I use them for any fairs or expos that I do. And, like I said, I'm planning to just use the other 3 bags for my stuff from now on. I'm also trying to only bring the kit items (and any other item needed for the recipe, but I try to stick to kit recipes) and whatever the guest special is that month and whatever host specials are for the upcoming months, and that's it. I've been making my job "too hard" for a while and I need to change!!! Sorry to bash the rolling tote, but I haven't really had a good experience with it, and I was one of those who was screaming her head off jumping up and down with excitement when I saw it at conference 2 years ago. Oh, well!! :(

cathyskitchen said:
I have 2 rolling collapsible crates from Staples ($24.99 each, I think) that I got a few years ago, and I use them for any fairs or expos that I do.
Those carts are on sale at Office Depot this week, $14.99. I've got one that I use for fairs, too. LOVE IT!

I love my ROlling tote. It is HEAVY! I always overload. Maybe that is why the handle finally gave out. I am getting the new consultant tote and will go to that and my original crate. I do have one of those rolly crates too!

Okay so I drive a four door car and not a mini van so would this not be a good purchase?

jbarnhill said:
Okay so I drive a four door car and not a mini van so would this not be a good purchase?
It is a good size. It would fit on your back seat but it is awkward.

jbarnhill said:

I have a four door car.. and I get it in and out fairly easy...... I usually stick in the front seat and my other stuff in the back seat now mind you I do drive a Ford Focus so my back seat door dont' open wide enough for my case to fit in very well..... that is why it goes in the front seat working on the mini van though!!! :D

Related to Review: Show to Go Rolling Tote - Is it Worth the Investment?

1. What are the dimensions of the Show to Go Rolling Tote?

The Show to Go Rolling Tote measures 17.5 inches by 14 inches by 11 inches. It also has a telescoping handle that extends up to 35 inches for easy maneuvering.

2. Is the Show to Go Rolling Tote durable enough for frequent use?

Yes, the Show to Go Rolling Tote is made from high-quality, durable material that can withstand frequent use and travel. It also has reinforced stitching and sturdy wheels for added durability.

3. How many compartments does the Show to Go Rolling Tote have?

The Show to Go Rolling Tote has 6 different compartments, including a large main compartment for your products, a thermal pocket for hot or cold items, and multiple smaller pockets for organizing tools and accessories.

4. Can the Show to Go Rolling Tote hold larger Pampered Chef products?

Yes, the Show to Go Rolling Tote is designed to hold a variety of Pampered Chef products, including larger items such as the Deep Covered Baker or the Rectangular Baker. The main compartment is also adjustable to accommodate different sizes.

5. Is the Show to Go Rolling Tote easy to clean?

Yes, the Show to Go Rolling Tote can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth or sponge. The material is also water-resistant, making it ideal for outdoor shows or events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amgreen66
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • RCKmom