• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Retail Mystery: Are Our Products Being Sold Elsewhere?

In summary, I saw the chip maker in a grocery store and on HSM. I then saw the oil and vinegar set in a speciality store. This is manufacturing/marketing these days. One company creates the product for multiple businesses.
lalemom
Gold Member
What is up with our products being sold on TV and in stores. I saw the exact chip maker in a grocery store and on HSM. Then I saw the oil and vinegar set in a speciality store. Did not have the Pampered Chef name but it was exactly the same.

Not every product is an exclusive. The buyers will find an interesting product and put it into the line, but the manufacturer will still sell it to other outlets.

That's manufacturing/marketing these days. One company creates the product for multiple businesses.
I noticed that Kitchen Krafts has the same microwave chip maker, but a slightly different slicer.

You have to focus on why we stand apart, even when we have the same product. We have consultants who will provide you with personal service.

If you buy that microwave chip maker from the grocery store and have trouble using it at home, do you think you can call them and ask for tips on how to use it? And will that grocery store call you after you get it home and ask how you like it?

You also have to remember the warranty! EVERY product in our line is returnable for a refund for one year. Exchange there after. How many products can you purchase at say Target, use it, hate it or break it, and go back a year later and return it for the money? 99% of returns via retail stores are exchange only and must be made within 30 days for a monetary refund. and God forbid it is broken after the 30 days. Then you must deal with the manufacturer which can mean weeks of phone calls before resolving anything. I know, we just went through that with a printer. UGH! It took a total of 3 weeks to get that problem fixed. and that was not even including an additional 3 weeks it took to send back the bad one then wait for the new one. Most manufacturers depend on you getting fed up and just going to buy a replacement at full price. Even with our cookware, no one will EVER have to buy a brand new replacement for the full price of the new one. Our customers only pay the difference between the new and old if it is out of date.

Kitchen Krafts sells it for 25.95 and it would cost me 8.95 to ship it in 10-12 business days...we sell ours for 26.50...

Thanks, I will use your information if anyone says they can buy that at the store.

I saw the chip maker in the current Taste of Home magazine. here is a link to check out https://topchips.com/default

pampered1224 said:
You also have to remember the warranty! EVERY product in our line is returnable for a refund for one year.

Correction - a couple of products have a LTD (limited) 30 day warranty. The Dots glasses, stemware and martini glasses as well as the Snowmen tableware are LTD warranty, as seen in the little circle next to their price in the catalog. I recommend to any customer who purchases these products to immediately inspect them upon arrival for any defects. If they don't open the box for 3 months and then find something wrong, technically they are beyond the warranty period. Therefore, I say that 99% of our products have a minimum 1-year warranty.

Ok, so what's the big deal if it's in another magazine? You don't think our resealable containers are the exact same Anchor Hocking ones Target sells? News flash, they are. I have some and they are identical. Big deal. When they buy from me they get ME, not some impersonal big box store. I give them recipes and kitchen tips, and Pampered Chef delivers it right to their door. The chip maker is huge, and yes many other mfgs. sell them. We have 445 other products we can show them. + recipe and kitchen tips.

Related to Retail Mystery: Are Our Products Being Sold Elsewhere?

1. How can I know if my Pampered Chef products are being sold elsewhere?

To determine if your Pampered Chef products are being sold elsewhere, you can conduct a retail mystery shopping investigation. This involves sending a mystery shopper to various retail locations to check for the presence of your products. Alternatively, you can also check online marketplaces and retail websites to see if your products are being sold by unauthorized sellers.

2. What can I do if I find my products being sold by unauthorized sellers?

If you find your products being sold by unauthorized sellers, you can take legal action against them for trademark and copyright infringement. You can also send cease and desist letters to these sellers, demanding them to stop selling your products. Additionally, you can report the unauthorized sellers to online marketplaces and request for their listings to be taken down.

3. What are the potential consequences of unauthorized sellers on my business?

Unauthorized sellers can have a negative impact on your business in several ways. They can undercut your prices and devalue your products, leading to a decrease in sales and profits. They can also damage your brand's reputation by selling counterfeit or low-quality products. Additionally, they can violate your distribution agreements and cause conflicts with your authorized retailers.

4. How can I prevent my products from being sold by unauthorized sellers?

To prevent your products from being sold by unauthorized sellers, you can implement a minimum advertised pricing (MAP) policy. This establishes a minimum price that all retailers must adhere to when selling your products. You can also restrict the number of authorized retailers and monitor their sales closely. Additionally, you can use unique packaging or serial numbers to track your products and identify unauthorized sellers.

5. Is it legal for me to restrict the resale of my products?

Yes, it is legal for you to restrict the resale of your products. As the manufacturer or brand owner, you have the right to control the distribution of your products and protect your brand's reputation. However, it is important to ensure that your restrictions do not violate any anti-competition laws or agreements with your authorized retailers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BettieC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefetteDuJour
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefetteDuJour
Replies