• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rent a Car in Holland, MI: Train to Chicago & Explore Holland

In summary, the only way to get into Holland from Chicago is by train at 9:30 p.m. You can either take the South Shore Commuter train or drive to the last stop, South Bend, and find a car rental place there.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
Is there a place to rent a car in Holland, MI? We're thinking of taking the train for our vacation but need to know if we can get a car. We're planning to go to Chicago & spend a day, then get on the train to head to Holland. We'd like to be there for a few days, then come back & spend another day or so in Chicago before heading home.

In that part of the state, I think they're called Michigooses.Take a gander at hertz.com and see if they have a HLE somewhere - I bet they do.(Hertz Local Edition)

See I'm compelled to look at this thread since I still consider myself a michigander! (I love your michigooses, KG!) I'm from Lapeer but moved down to Florida when I was 13 years old. Man, that was 17 years ago! AGH!

I was looking at this & thinking - what's she doin' here? LOL!!

JAE lives in Holland. I bet she'd know.

Well crud. The only train from chicago into holland is at 9:30 p.m. None of the car rental places are open that time of night.

crystalscookingnow said:
Well crud. The only train from chicago into holland is at 9:30 p.m. None of the car rental places are open that time of night.

What about the train to Grand Rapids? I know there aren't any car rental places near the train station, but I'll bet you could find one that would deliver. Grand Rapids to Holland isn't that far to drive.

Heck, I'll pick y'all up at the train station and drive you to the car rental place (mostly at the airport) if you want. The ones at the airport are open pretty late.

Another option might be to take the South Shore Commuter train from Chicago into South Bend. It is a cheap trip but slower than Amtrack. South Bend is the last stop and it ends at the South Bend Regional Airport. There would be car rentals at this location. Mapquest says it will take you approx. 90 minutes to get from South Bend to Holland.

Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District This is the link for the "Nothern Indiana Commuter Transportation District" where you can find out more about the South Shore.

Here's the link for the South Bend Regional Airport South Bend Regional Airport

I hope this helps.

Related to Rent a Car in Holland, MI: Train to Chicago & Explore Holland

What is a "Michigander"?

A Michigander is a term used to describe someone who is from the state of Michigan.

What is the significance of "Ok" in the phrase?

"Ok" is a commonly used filler word in casual conversation and does not hold any specific significance in this phrase.

Are there any specific cooking techniques or ingredients that are unique to Michigan?

There are no specific cooking techniques or ingredients that are unique to Michigan. However, the state is known for its abundance of fresh produce, particularly cherries and apples, which can be incorporated into many dishes.

Do you sell any products that are specifically designed for Michigan cuisine?

We do not have any products that are specifically designed for Michigan cuisine, but many of our versatile tools and cookware can be used to create a variety of dishes from different regions.

Can you recommend any recipes that would be popular among Michiganders?

Our website and catalog offer a variety of recipes that are popular among Michiganders, such as cherry pie, apple cider donuts, and Michigan bean soup. Feel free to browse and try out some of these delicious dishes!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • sluna75
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Sheila